Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

renau1g

First Post
I really like ph2! I want to play a Deva Invoker ASAP!

But all the new races are just great, and most of the new classes, too.

Yeah, I want my RL genasi swordmage to die so I can make something else from PHB2 ASAP...

p.s. it's #4 on Wall Street Journal non-fiction best seller list & #28 on the USA today top 150 book sales this past week.

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli,

I really don't understand why you sent me another email containing the same info, unless you updated Houwou's .pdf in the second one with the info. Like I said before, I can't open email attachments on my computer at work, because it' screwy, nor can I answer emails in Yahoo because it's VERY screwy. So I can't see any difference (for now, at least) between this most recent email you sent, and the one you sent earlier today, hopefully, I'll be suitably wowed by the differences when I get home this eveining and can actually see them. ;

Leif

Adventurer
Lou,

I don't know if it's just a typo or what, but you have Wand of Accuracy listed as a power (encounter, I think) for Elerosse. A Wand of Accuracy is not a power at all, it is an IMPLEMENT that is used to help a character succeed with a power. Your Wand of Accuracy gives you a bonus on attack rolls with certain (most? maybe all?) powers. So, if my understanding is correct, then you have another encounter power coming for Elerosse. (You'll still only have ONE (standard) at first level, though, plus any bonus encounter powers you're entitled to like Fey Step).

renau1g

First Post
Wand of Accuracy can only be used 1/encounter to improve the accuracy, he also has Force Orb as the Wizard Spell for the encounter.

Hope this helps.

Wand of Accuracy: Once per encounter as a free
action, you gain a bonus to a single attack roll equal to
your Dexterity modifier. You must wield your wand to
benefit from this feature. This form of mastery is good
for war wizards because it helps increase their accuracy
with damaging powers.

Lou

Explorer
Lou,

I don't know if it's just a typo or what, but you have Wand of Accuracy listed as a power (encounter, I think) for Elerosse. A Wand of Accuracy is not a power at all, it is an IMPLEMENT that is used to help a character succeed with a power. Your Wand of Accuracy gives you a bonus on attack rolls with certain (most? maybe all?) powers. So, if my understanding is correct, then you have another encounter power coming for Elerosse. (You'll still only have ONE (standard) at first level, though, plus any bonus encounter powers you're entitled to like Fey Step).

4e PHB p. 158 in upper left corner, first full paragraph:

"Wand of Accuracy: Once per encounter as a free action, you gain a bonus to a single attack roll equal to your Dexterity modifier."

That's what I was going by.

Leif

Adventurer
Wand of Accuracy can only be used 1/encounter to improve the accuracy, he also has Force Orb as the Wizard Spell for the encounter.

Hope this helps.

Wand of Accuracy: Once per encounter as a free
action, you gain a bonus to a single attack roll equal to
your Dexterity modifier. You must wield your wand to
benefit from this feature. This form of mastery is good
for war wizards because it helps increase their accuracy
with damaging powers.
Izzat so? Well, butter my butt and stick me on a biscuit! Never mind then, Lou. In fact, I guess I should thank you for coming up with a great way to tell whether you've used your WoA in an Encounter yet, or not. So THANKS! Thanks to you, renau1g, too! :)

Scotley

Hero
Yeah, I'm still getting my head around 4e magic items. Most of them seem to give encounter or daily powers. I would say recording them like powers even though they come from implements/magic items makes great sense.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Scott -

Don't forget Basher7's free attack against the Kobold Aimhirghin sent sliding toward him (see IC Post 114). It's a free action, so even if that's the one he's attacking with his 'regular' turn he should get to swing at it twice.

And it seems like if his free attack kills it he could go on and take a partial move and swing at another? Am I understanding the types of actions correctly? I hope so, 'cause if I'm not I just wasted an Encounter Power.

Scotley

Hero
Whoa cool, I've got to check that out. I may need to revise my post. That's the thing I'm slowly discovering about 4e, the powers work together with buffs and special circumstances arising all the time. Gotta pay close attention to the other player's posts.

renau1g

First Post
For sure, during our RL game, we really have to keep an eye on the various buffs from our cleric, bonuses to hit, marks, quarries, ongoing damage, status effets, etc...

I find it's a lot on the DM during the game to keep track of.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases