Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli, can you give me a page number in PH2 (I assume?) for Spiteful Glamor? I looked everywhere that I could think of and never could find it. :-S

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hmmm. That one took some looking. Spiteful Glamor is a Warlock power that Aimhirghin obtained courtesy of the Bard's ability to take multiclass powers from any number of different classes. I got the specifics from the Character Generator, and assumed that since it's a Warlock power it was in the PH.

However, a search of the Warlock class in that tome proved fruitless, as did a quick glance at the PH2. I finally resorted to the D&D Insider and used the Compendium - you can find the details of Spiteful Glamor there via a search, along with a reference that indicates the write up can be found in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (which I don't have).

Here's what I have on it:

[sblock=Spiteful Glamor]The mere sight of you is anathema to your enemy.

At-Will Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 10

Target: One creature

Attack: Charisma vs. Will

Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, or 1d12 + Charisma modifier psychic damage to a target at maximum hit points.

Increase damage to 2d8 + Charisma modifier at 21st level, or 2d12 + Charisma modifier to a target at maximum hit poitns.

First published in Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.[/sblock]

The only change to the above write up for Aimhirghin is that for him it is an Encounter Power rather than At-Will.

Leif

Adventurer
Hmmm. That one took some looking. Spiteful Glamor is a Warlock power that Aimhirghin obtained courtesy of the Bard's ability to take multiclass powers from any number of different classes. I got the specifics from the Character Generator, and assumed that since it's a Warlock power it was in the PH.
However, a search of the Warlock class in that tome proved fruitless, as did a quick glance at the PH2. I finally resorted to the D&D Insider and used the Compendium - you can find the details of Spiteful Glamor there via a search, along with a reference that indicates the write up can be found in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide (which I don't have).
Here's what I have on it:
[sblock=Spiteful Glamor]The mere sight of you is anathema to your enemy.

At-Will Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 10

Target: One creature

Attack: Charisma vs. Will

Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier psychic damage, or 1d12 + Charisma modifier psychic damage to a target at maximum hit points.

Increase damage to 2d8 + Charisma modifier at 21st level, or 2d12 + Charisma modifier to a target at maximum hit poitns.

First published in Forgotten Realms Player's Guide.[/sblock]
The only change to the above write up for Aimhirghin is that for him it is an Encounter Power rather than At-Will.
OK then, I don't feel quite so bad! I do have the FRPG, and it's on page 35, just so you know, and the text is what you copied, verbatim. Thanks. ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
Hey Leif, my chara was quite ineffective yet :(

But another thing, can I change Bloodhunt into Macetail rage. I made the mechanics stuff of Tarrk without the full write-up avaiable. Thanks.

Leif

Adventurer
Hey Leif, my chara was quite ineffective yet :(

But another thing, can I change Bloodhunt into Macetail rage. I made the mechanics stuff of Tarrk without the full write-up avaiable. Thanks.
Sure, you can make the change! Just not right in the middle of a combat. As soon as this fight is over, your changes will take effect. Is that ok?

Leif

Adventurer
;) Don't mention it. I don't think any of us can yet fully appreciate the consequences that can flow from choices of powers in 4E, so I'm inclined to be quite lax on enforcement of such things. The fact that I also am similarly lax in my 3.5 games is of ABSOLUTELY NO IMPORTANCE! :D (Right, Mowgli? hehehe)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Absolutely! I recently went back and changed my character's entire primary class in one of his games. Leif's rapidly becoming quite the 'player's GM.'

Leif

Adventurer
Absolutely! I recently went back and changed my character's entire primary class in one of his games. Leif's rapidly becoming quite the 'player's GM.'
This is even more surprising when you consider that I served my DM tutelage at the feet of a certain "Z-named DM"! [Those not from Jonesboro, Arkansas (and who have no connection to Cornell U.) will doubtless be in the complete dark about said person. Consider yourselves fortunate!]

Leif

Adventurer
Mowgli,

Interestingly, Spiteful Glamor is a class feature of the Dark Pact Warlock. These Warlocks have, and I quote, "forged a pact with the dark beings that lurk in the shadows of Drow Civilization. You might turn your powers to noble ends, but you always face the temptation to enhance your spells by hurting your friends -- just a little." I understand that Aimhirghin is a bard, not a warlock, and yet, the fact that he chose this power tells me a great deal about his personality. Needless to say, I don't think this even comes close to making Aimhirghin a bad sort of fellow, but I do think that it opens up all kinds of new role-playing vistas for you. If you can work some of this into your posts, I may well nominate you for an academy award! :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases