Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Scotley

Hero
I flipped through Leif's copy while it was in Memphis, its amazing what those FedEx guys will let you get away with for a BBQ sandwich :D , and I found it quite interesting.

The Rhunpriest is definitely cool. I didn't really look at the psionic stuff yet, but the Minotaur is gonna be popular as it the Monk. Everybody seems to like strikers and this one should kick ass. The reviewer didn't seem to care for the Wilden, but they seem interesting to me. I want to play a seeker. The imagery of their powers really appeals to me.

renau1g

First Post
Leif, Could I change Khellek to a Runepriest after the next extended rest? It fits his character better I think as I wanted a melee cleric, but the powers kinda favour a ranged cleric when we first started.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif, Could I change Khellek to a Runepriest after the next extended rest? It fits his character better I think as I wanted a melee cleric, but the powers kinda favour a ranged cleric when we first started.
Which brings me to what I was going to propose anyway. Ahem! Given the large number of books that have been released since we started, I want to give everybody a chance to re-build their characters from almost the ground up. Just keep ability scores and alignment the same, and everybody can pretty much re-make everything else. But NOT after the next extended rest. Rather, let's wait until we (you) level up, ok? Which, incidentally, I think should be just about the time you take you next extended rest, shouldn't it? I guess I need an xp update...

I flipped through Leif's copy while it was in Memphis, its amazing what those FedEx guys will let you get away with for a BBQ sandwich :D , and I found it quite interesting.
Too funny, Scotty, you **_&*&_*^)&(^&)!

Leif

Adventurer
I just browsed through PH3 at B Dalton's. Hmmm, lot's of new stuff. I'm not crazy about the addition of psionics, but if anybody's just GOT to have a psi character, we can talk about it, I suppose. The Runepriest and a couple of the other new, mainstream-type classes look most excellent, and there are lots of new feats. There are new 'Skill Powers' that everyone will want to avail themselves of, I believe.

renau1g

First Post
Oh...oh...can I please be a sentient pile of crystals, that has telepathy, but also needs languages for some unfathomable reason? ;)

Walking Dad

First Post
I read the PH3, liked it, wanted to play a runepriest...

Could work for his abilities and race, but I also love being a barbarian. The only think I would want to change is to switch the WIS and DEX score, after the errata to Hide Expertise :mad:. I was going to take if for next level ...

But now, I will instead looking for a bigger weapon :lol:

Should I go executioners axe or mordencrad?

Leif

Adventurer
I read the PH3, liked it, wanted to play a runepriest...

Could work for his abilities and race, but I also love being a barbarian. The only think I would want to change is to switch the WIS and DEX score, after the errata to Hide Expertise :mad:. I was going to take if for next level ...

But now, I will instead looking for a bigger weapon :lol:

Should I go executioners axe or mordencrad?
I missed that erratum. Care to share?

Hmm, let's see: executioners axe or mordencrad, how can you go wrong?? :)
Actually, I don't even know what in blazes a mordencrad is! :-S

renau1g

First Post
Hide armor expertise was errata'd from allowing a class to use Con instead of Dex/Int for AC to instead providing a +2 bonus to AC. This hit the Rageblood barbarians hard, shamans and swarm druids were also hit pretty hard by this.

Morderkrad - big effing hammer. Brutal 1, 2d6 damage. Personally I prefer the executioners' axe as I like high crits + its brutal 2, 1d12 damage

Leif

Adventurer
Kinda partial to the maul and the warhammer, myself. I think my "class" is in the process of changing from wizard to cleric! :-S:angel:

I may soon have to locate a pic of a "holy gnome"

Speaking of armor, is it just me, or can a wiz spend a feat and be proficient with leather armor in 4E, and still cast spells with just a weee bit of sfc? Duh, guess for that matter they could do the same in 3.5 though, eh?

Last edited:

Remove ads