Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Walking Dad

First Post
Kinda partial to the maul and the warhammer, myself. I think my "class" is in the process of changing from wizard to cleric! :-S:angel:

I may soon have to locate a pic of a "holy gnome"

Speaking of armor, is it just me, or can a wiz spend a feat and be proficient with leather armor in 4E, and still cast spells with just a weee bit of sfc? Duh, guess for that matter they could do the same in 3.5 though, eh?

He can, but magic leather armor properties are not designed for wizards.
Take the new Unarmored Agility feat from the PH3. Same armor bonus, but you can wear robes and other cloth armors :)

May I do the one point ability shift?

Morderkrad: damage between 4 & 12 / 8
E Axe: damage between 3 & 12 / 7.5, but heavy crit.

I should take the weapon basher doesn't use ;)

Leif

Adventurer
Sure, Dad. I guess everybody can pretty much do a complete rebuild when we go from 1st to 2nd level. We're trying to learn the intricacies and details of how the parts of 4e work together, remember? How are we gonna do that if we don't take some chances with things? But I won't penalize a character forever because of one bad choice.

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks! My only rebuilding will be the ability shift...

... Or would you allow me to change my Greataxe to an Executioner's Axe?
(it's just (and still) an axe...

Feats would have been:
1. Weapon Proficiency (Executioner's Axe)
2. Toughness

I will choose Shrug it Off (Primal Power) as level 2 utility.

Leif

Adventurer
Thanks! My only rebuilding will be the ability shift...

... Or would you allow me to change my Greataxe to an Executioner's Axe?
(it's just (and still) an axe...

Feats would have been:
1. Weapon Proficiency (Executioner's Axe)
2. Toughness

I will choose Shrug it Off (Primal Power) as level 2 utility.
Let's keep the axe (and all equipment) the same for now, but you can always buy the Executioner's Axe...

Walking Dad

First Post
Let's keep the axe (and all equipment) the same for now, but you can always buy the Executioner's Axe...

Tarrk doesn't have the money and we haven't spread the treasure yet and I'm not sure where to buy it. So taking the feat would be a waste :( The amulet is nice. I would call dibs, but if someone needs it more...

I will just buy weapon focus and stay with my greataxe :)

CS will soon be updated.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Bummer, Dad. I think this module kinda assumes that the party will scour every battlefield and sell off the equipment gathered from the dead monsters. If that is not done, it seems to be very stingy on treasure. I'm trying to add some to that as we go, 'cause that's just not right, in my humble DM opinion. But you really should divide treasure at this point so that necessities like executioner's axes can be bought. You can probably find just about everything listed in the books at a shop in town.

Walking Dad

First Post

I will use this ooc info and get the feat.

"Strange, this axe lies really good in my hands..." :D

Thanks again. Have you seen my new pic for Tarrk? It is from Primal Power.

Leif

Adventurer
I just glanced over Graere, but he looks fine to me, except his hp are kinda high for L2, aren't they? Very cool site where you have him posted. I've never seen that one before.

NOTE: I don't believe you get a con bonus to hp, you just get fixed hp for a new level, and con gets you more hp at L1. (Right, renau1g?)

W. Dad: you still have Tarrk's level listed as "1". Might want to change that....

At least some others appear not to be leveled-up yet. We'll wait for everyone to be ready to proceed. Please give us a nod here when you're all ready. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases