Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
I'm considering adding an action point variant to this game called KICKERS. read about them here: 5 Action Point Variants « Kobold Quarterly Magazine: Monsters and Magic for D&D Gamers, and let me know what you think. This would of course be in addition to regular action points, I think, but give me your input on that, too, please.

Proposed mechanics: each player gains 1 kicker/2 levels at the start of an adventure, DM discretion as to any additional kickers gained during the adventure. Each kicker allows a pc to add 1d6 to any d20roll, no limit to the # of kickers that may be added to a given roll, but they must be declared prior to the roll being made. Some with notorious runs of bad luck with rolls (Mowgli) may not see much benefit to any given use of 1 or more kickers, but, on the other hand, they have the potential to make any action tuly awesome and heroic.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
I was reading the same article. Looks like good stuff to me. Now the Player's biscuit one was truly diabolical. Fortunately, you can't use that one in online games.

I'm definitely on board with the kickers.

I've been trying to come up with a mechanic to encourage some over the top swashbuckling in my upcoming game and it is going to go something like this. The difference is you will be looking to your fellow players for the kickers. Sort of like the way experience works on the forum. If you see a fellow player so some particularly witty dialogue or impressive action you can offer them a kicker to use later for even more daring do. You can also offer up one when fate (or invisible castle) seems to have it in for someone.

Leif

Adventurer
Did you guys see the Battle Scars Feats on the opening page of ENWorld? I'm interested to know everyone's opinion of this stuff. Not sure I'll use it, but it could be available if someone really wants one. Of course, they're supposed to be Paragon tier feats, but I guess we might discuss whether they could be available in the Hero Tier, or we could keep them as Paragon only. (Assuming that we really do get that far. Eventually...) Anyway, check out the attached document to see the feats, or go back and check the news feed.

Attachments

• Battle Scars, 4E Feats.doc
    52 KB · Views: 62

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases