Leif's Homebrew 4E, OOC1

Leif

Adventurer
Having given the matter extensive thought, here are my conclusions:

1. This game will use the 4E books AS WRITTEN with no regard to any errata or other changes proposed by Wizards. If they wanted the rules to be different, then they shouldn't have published them this way and encouraged me to spend a great deal of money buying their stupid books!

2. This matter is NOT up for discussion, that's just the way it is, sorry.

3. If any of you disagree and wish to withdraw from the game, I understand.

4. That's from this point forward, so Elerosse may keep his automatic hit with the magic missile if he so desires.

Walking Dad

First Post
Not promising here I wouldn't get original Hide Expertise on a later level then...

You can argue that only 50% of the erratas made sense anyway. I liked the good old days with houserules and not bi-monthly 'updates'.

Leif

Adventurer
Not promising here I wouldn't get original Hide Expertise on a later level then...

You can argue that only 50% of the erratas made sense anyway. I liked the good old days with houserules and not bi-monthly 'updates'.
If it's in the published books, It's available. ;)
I agree about the houserules. I like for the rules in use to be centered on teh DM, not on the latest "dogma" from Wizards.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
While I certainly understand your position, it does present me with a problem - I'm not really good with the 4E rules, don't have the books and can't afford to buy them, haven't read the books and don't really have time to do so . . .

I rely heavily on the Character Builder and Compendium, which are both updated monthly - and these updates incorporate the errata. SO . . . much as I like Aimhirghin and sympathetic as I am with your ruling I can't see any way to keep my character 'legal' for your game and will regretfully have to drop out.

Leif

Adventurer
While I certainly understand your position, it does present me with a problem - I'm not really good with the 4E rules, don't have the books and can't afford to buy them, haven't read the books and don't really have time to do so . . .

I rely heavily on the Character Builder and Compendium, which are both updated monthly - and these updates incorporate the errata. SO . . . much as I like Aimhirghin and sympathetic as I am with your ruling I can't see any way to keep my character 'legal' for your game and will regretfully have to drop out.
No!!! :.-( You don't have to go. I have the books and will be more than happy to give you an assist when level-up time comes. And I really don't imagine that there will be many drastic differences between the book rules and CB/Compendium. You might just have to learn to trust your DM, though, and I know that's something of a stretch for you.... :angel:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It's not just the level ups, though. I use the Compendium/CB for everything 4E related - I look up powers and abilities when deciding what my actions will be, I look up conditions, modifiers, ranges, etc.

I'd also be making assumptions about all that stuff because I'm in two 'Living' 4E games that do use the errata - so in many ways I'd be keeping up with two different systems.

Every time I turn around I'll be posting an action only to find out it won't work like I thought it would and have to re-work it, which would have a serious impact on my level of enjoyment.

Again, I completely understand your position! One of Ruarc's abilities got nerfed before I even got to use it . . . frustrating indeed. But also one of the reasons I went with the DDI subscription rather than the books - DDI's cheaper, and I don't have to keep up with the errata myself. The downside is situations like this.

Referencing your recent XP comment (because it applies) - I don't hate 4E, I've very much enjoyed the games I'm in so far. But I much prefer Pathfinder, so that's where I put my limited gaming money and the limited time I have to actually learn rules etc. I'll play 4E games run by folks I like 'cause I want to game with them, but when it becomes a chore to keep up it's not fun anymore . . .

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases