D&d xp - Page 8
+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106

Thread: D&d xp

  1. #71
    I just got back from D&DXP. Played twice in the Delve (source for the new races / classes). I have sheets for the half-orc avenger, warforged warden, and deva shaman. If I don't collapse in exhaustion in the next 10 mins, I'll scan 'em in.

    Other PCs included the shifter druid (nothing new that I can recall), goliath barbarian, gnome bard, tiefling invoker, and elf sorcerer.

    Based on the games I played in and what I heard of conversation, the half-orc avenger ("Mord of Kord") was by far the most popular PC. Some people thought some of the avenger's powers were "broken"... but that's what people thought about the (3e) mystic theurge when it first came out, so who knows.

  2. #72
    Okay, here's the scans. This post: the half-orc avenger.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #73
    The deva shaman. Please excuse the pencil marks on this scan (and the next one).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Joshua Randall; Monday, 2nd February, 2009 at 12:33 AM.

  4. #74
    The warforged warden. Again, please excuse the pencil marks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Joshua Randall; Monday, 2nd February, 2009 at 01:37 AM.

  5. #75
    Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

    Plane Sailing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,915
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Plane Sailing


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfan View Post
    The neatest thing about the Censure ability is that it makes for amusing fight scenes- this ridiculously dangerous duelist keeps dragging and teleporting some poor fool off and beating him mercilessly, and whenever he runs away, the beatings just get worse.
    I have to say this whole image (part of the teleportaphilia which is throughout 4e) completely puts me off the class.

    I look for classes that represent the classic fantasy archetypes, and I see something like this and just raise my eyebrows.

  6. #76
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Beckett's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    635
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Beckett


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Randall View Post
    Okay, here's the scans. This post: the half-orc avenger.
    Thank you. I was going blind trying to read the earlier pics of this one. It does look interesting; I look forward to seeing it in play.

  7. #77
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Shroomy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    3,364
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Shroomy


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Randall View Post
    Based on the games I played in and what I heard of conversation, the half-orc avenger ("Mord of Kord") was by far the most popular PC. Some people thought some of the avenger's powers were "broken"... but that's what people thought about the (3e) mystic theurge when it first came out, so who knows.
    I didn't do any indepth analysis, but the avenger's damage output seems about on par with a dual wielding ranger, which I think is the apt comparison. Aspect of Might is a pretty good daily (3W+Wis+Dex and those effects...whistle), but I'm not sure its grossly better than the rangers level 1 dailies.

  8. #78
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,507
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rechan


    Friend+
    Since they don't do extra damage, I wonder how they compare. Especially when you put an Avenger next to a Barbarian, who's powers just do more damage on average.

    Of course, the second build might be completely radical.

  9. #79
    Member
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Shroomy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    3,364
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Shroomy


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Rechan View Post
    Since they don't do extra damage, I wonder how they compare. Especially when you put an Avenger next to a Barbarian, who's powers just do more damage on average.

    Of course, the second build might be completely radical.
    I thought I saw someone, somewhere who figured out that its increased chances to hit its target produced an overall higher damage output. Now I have to remember where I saw that.

  10. #80
    Member
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    11,507
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Block Rechan


    Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroomy View Post
    I thought I saw someone, somewhere who figured out that its increased chances to hit its target produced an overall higher damage output. Now I have to remember where I saw that.


    While you're looking for it, go ahead and jump into that snake pit.


+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •