The Lion's 2nd Face[Covaithe judging]

SlagMortar

First Post
Behir grapple check note
[Sblock]A creature with improved grab can opt to grapple while not being considered "grappled" itself by taking a -20 to the grapple check. If it does not take the penalty, then it is grappled and
1) loses it's dex bonus to attackers outside the grapple
- such as Rinaldo so he would deal sneak attack damage
2) Does not threaten an area so can not make attacks of opportunity.

Please note that as DM you are free to disregard any rules note I make for any reason at all (or even no reason). I will never take offense to changing a rule on purpose, but hate when a rule is overlooked and then everyone is surprised by a fight being more deadly or difficult or easier than expected.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
Behir grapple check note
[sblock]A creature with improved grab can opt to grapple while not being considered "grappled" itself by taking a -20 to the grapple check. If it does not take the penalty, then it is grappled and
1) loses it's dex bonus to attackers outside the grapple
- such as Rinaldo so he would deal sneak attack damage
2) Does not threaten an area so can not make attacks of opportunity.

Please note that as DM you are free to disregard any rules note I make for any reason at all (or even no reason). I will never take offense to changing a rule on purpose, but hate when a rule is overlooked and then everyone is surprised by a fight being more deadly or difficult or easier than expected.[/sblock]

ooc: Nice catch, and easy enough to fix. The AoO missd so no harm, no foul there, and I need Rinaldo to roll up some Sneak Attack.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus turns up his nose at the troglodyte's saying, "Whew! Those you guys need a bath," but shows no other signs of ill effects.

OOC:
Fortitude save to avoid sickness.
1d20+8=21

I will wait until after the behir's turn to post an action so I can see how dire Charlarn's situation is.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

OOC: Don't forget everyone near Charlarn gets a +2 to AC and on saves.

Round 2:
Charlarn wheezes as the behir squeezes him. He chokes as the troglodyte musk reaches his nose. Fort save (1d20+8+2=12). Gasping for air, he casts dimension door and reappears in the midst of the party.

AC 23, 24 vs. behir
HP 37/56
magic circle against evil in effect.

Cleric Spells Prepared (6/5+1/4+1/3+1/2+1: save DC 14 + level):
0-create water (2), detect magic (2), guidance, mending;
1-bless, divine favor, entropic shield (2), remove fear, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, make whole, status, shield other*, summon monster II;
3-dispel magic, fly*, magic circle against evil, magic vestment;
4-dimension door*, dimensional anchor, divine power
*Domain spell.

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=casting a spell while grappling]You can attempt to cast a spell while grappling or even while pinned (see below), provided its casting time is no more than 1 standard action, it has no somatic component, and you have in hand any material components or focuses you might need. Any spell that requires precise and careful action is impossible to cast while grappling or being pinned. If the spell is one that you can cast while grappling, you must make a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) or lose the spell. You don’t have to make a successful grapple check to cast the spell. [/sblock]

Since your looking at a DC24 and only have a +3 Concentration with a -2 penalty from Trog stink, I assume you'd like to change your action.

Steve Jung said:
OOC: Don't forget everyone near Charlarn gets a +2 to AC and on saves.
Currently Rinaldo is the only person close enough to benefit.

Last edited:

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

[sblock=casting a spell while grappling]If the spell is one that you can cast while grappling, you must make a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level) or lose the spell. You don’t have to make a successful grapple check to cast the spell. [/sblock]

Since your looking at a DC24 and only have a +3 Concentration with a -2 penalty from Trog stink, I assume you'd like to change your action.
Whoops. I missed that part. In that case he'll try to wriggle out of the behir's grasp. Grapple check (1d20+9-2=13)

Heckler

First Post
Whoops. I missed that part. In that case he'll try to wriggle out of the behir's grasp. Grapple check (1d20+9-2=13)
The behir manages to keep a grasp on Charlarn. (Grapple=33).

It then opens its mouth wide and attempts to swallow Charlarn whole.

ooc: I need yet another grapple check from Charlarn. Behir=38
You'd really like to win this one if you can.

Initiative
Charlarn 19 (19 damage, mcae, grappled)
Behir 18 (85 damage) <--resolving
Ashnar 17 (sickened)
Tenebryn 11(broke tie) (sickened)
Hogarth 11
Planus 9(broke tie)
Rinaldo 9
Trogs(1,2,4) 7
Trog3 7 (25 damage)

Velmont

First Post
Hogarth, seeing the Behir eating Charlarn, stand back from the troglodytes and order to the behir "Vomit!"

Rinaldo feint the creature and think he got it, but his rapier is deflected by the hard scales of the behir.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I think Charlarn have no chance to win that grapple, so here the move of Hogarth and Rinaldo assuming Charlarn lose. If he win, I'll modify my action.

Hogarth move 5 feet away from his opponent and cast Command (Will save DC:15) and hope he vomit Charlarn.

Rinaldo attack, but I probably miss with only 14 on the attack. His AC is at 25 this round, thanks to Charlarn Magic Circle.

Feint, Attack, Damage, Sneak: 1d20+17=25, 1d20+11=14, 1d6+1=5, 3d6=7[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Hogarth spell list]0: Create Water, Detect Magic(x2), Guidance(x2), Read Magic
1: Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Doom, Shield of Faith, Animate Rope(D),
2: Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Hammer, Bull's Strength(D)
3: Magic Circle, Dispel Magic, Prayer, Protection from Energy, Magic Vestment(D)
4: Divine Power, Greater Magic Weapon, Neutralize Poison, Spell Immunity(D)
5: Flame Strike, Righteous Might(D)[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases