The Lion's 2nd Face[Covaithe judging]

Heckler

First Post
This is the adventure thread for The Lion's 2nd Face, which I am taking over from Halford, who has dissappeared under mysterious circumstances. I know he has a thread started already, but I want to go ahead and start a fresh one.

This is my first time DMing a pbp, but I think I have enough of a handle on things to do a decent job. You guys are all experienced players (and a couple judges) so I trust you guys to keep me honest.

Not too many rules, I think, but I want to get these up front and out of the way:
  • Please do as much rolling for your characters as possible, linking to Invisible Castle. I may make certain passive rolls for you (i.e. spot, listen, sense motive) and initiative (for expediency). If for some reason you can't make a roll, let me know and I will roll for you.
  • I will try to keep the game moving. I realize that people take vacations, get sick, etc. Also, I know that in case of emergency your pbp isn't high on your list of people that need notifying. I reserve the right to NPC your character if you're holding things up, though I will try to avoid doing so. If you are able to notify us ahead of time regarding an absence, we can make accomidations for that. I'll also try to let you know if I will be away for a while.
  • Please color vocal text. I use the black background, so please try to use one that shows up well on that.
This might be a good time to get marching orders and such out of the way. I need marching orders for 5' and 10' passages, and a watch schedule. These may change in game but I'd like to have a default orders already set up.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If everyone could give me a check-in post with a link to your Character sheet we can get started.

Code:
...EE...
...EE...

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo and Hogarth for the report.

Hogarth standard spell list for this adventure:

0: Create Water, Detect Magic(x2), Guidance(x2), Read Magic
1: Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Doom, Shield of Faith, Animate Rope(D),
2: Hold Person, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Hammer, Bull's Strength(D)
3: Magic Circle, Dispel Magic, Prayer, Protection from Energy, Magic Vestment(D)
4: Divine Power, Greater Magic Weapon, Neutralize Poison, Spell Immunity(D)
5: Flame Strike, Righteous Might(D)

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus Anaid (and his character sheet) is reporting for trouble making duty.

Spells prepared:
Spells prepared (most of the time):
0 (DC 15) 6/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance(x2)
1 (DC 16) 6/day: Bless, Divine Favor (x3), Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith
2 (DC 17) 4/day: Resist Energy x3, Silence
3 (DC 18) 4/day: Blindness, Magic Vestment, Dispel Magic(x2)
4 (DC 19) 3/day: Divine Power, Freedom of Movement, Greater Magic Weapon
Domain:
1 (DC 16): Longstrider (in wilderness), Disguise Self (in cities)
2 (DC 17): Locate object, Invisibility (prepared)
3 (DC 18): Fly (prepared), Nondetection
4 (DC 19): Dimension Door, Confusion (prepared)

Planus only requires 4 hours rest, so he will be available to watch the rest of the night.

Planus is an archer and his AC is pretty poor for a level 8, so he should probably not be in the first line of defense. If needed, he could prep some summon spells. He will cast Greater Magic Weapon (+2) on his bow and Magic Vestment on his shield (+2) if expecting the chance of hostilities in the next 8 hours.

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
[Sblock=Ashnar's spells prepared and so on]

Wand of scorching ray, CL 3 (37/50)

Spells prepared (Save DC 16 + spell level, or 17+ spell level for Evo/Nec spells; 4+1/6+1/5+1/4+1/3+1):
Link to Ashnar's custom spells
0 - Acid splash, detect magic, flare*|x3;
1st - Ashnar's markx2, Ashnar's sparkstrike*|, mage armor, magic missile*, ray of enfeeblement§, shocking grasp*;
2nd - Ashnar's athleticate augmentation, Ashnar's fiery shackles x2, Ashnar's l. pyromagical enhancement, protection from arrows, scorching ray*|;
3rd - Ashnar's shield swarm, fireball*|, dispel magic, lightning bolt*, protection from energy
4th - Dimension door, mnemonic enhancer, wall of fire*|, wall of ice*
Spells cast into necromantic nexus (see character sheet)
0 - disrupt undead§
1st - cause fear§
2nd - false life§
3rd - ray of exhaustion§
Spell cast into arcane storage amulet (see character sheet): false life§

* Evocation spell
§ Necromancy spell
| Bonus spell slot; for Evocation spells only
[/sblock]
(Ashnar cast mage armor and protection from arrows on herself before departing, and she recommended to the others to prepare as well. Both spells have a duration of 8 hours for her.
Note to self - Planus has the lowest shield bonus, so any leftover shield swarm shields are best used on him.)

Heckler

First Post
*BAMF*

Th party, after a brief moment of darkness, find they are no longer at Joe's, but somewhere else. It is mid-morning, with a light drizzle of rain falling among the rocky hills.

"Hmmm...," muses Rilithorne as he looks around. "Hmmm...hmmm..."

"Well, this is most interesting. I had intended to take you closer to Balsra Darr. It appears that one of two things have happened. Teleportation is not foolproof, sometimes you don't end up where you planned. Or...it is possible some kind of ward has been put in place to prevent such travellings.

No matter, either way. I know where we are. Not too far over this hill," he points in a south-easterly direction, "is the entrance you seek. Under an overhang is a large depression which leads into the bowels of the Stonespikes. Just stay on the main path and it'll take you strait to Balsra Darr. Do be careful, though. Certainly the guardians that I helped vanquish previously have been replaced.

Now, to give you some idea of where you are, because it looks like you may be coming home the old-fashioned way, if you head due north from here, a few days travel will bring you to the shores of Kithsul Lake. Follow the shoreline north and east and it will bring you to Fallon. Finding transport back to Orussus from there should be simple enough."

"Now, any last questions? There are other things I should be doing, and my slippers are getting soggy."

ooc: Just waiting on Erekose and Steve right now. I PM'd them, so hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases