Yttermayn's "Saga of the Dragon Cult" OOC

Yttermayn

First Post
Recruitment closed:

IC Thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/250713-yttermayns-saga-dragon-cult-ic.html

Loot List, maintained by Scott Dewar: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4734076-post23.html

System Being Used
: D&D 3.0/3.5
Saga of the Dragon Cult (a series of dungeon crawl classics)
Date recruitment will end: Feb 9th, may be extended.

This is the recruitment thread and will be repurposed to the game's OOC thread.
This is my first time GM'ing a play by post game, so be warned!
I will be using some modules that focus on the classic dungeon crawl kind of play, so a good mix of character classes would be a good idea.
Books allowed for character creation: PHB, DMG, Psionics HB, Complete Arcane, Unearthed Arcana, savage species (will need GM approval).
Spells: I have an extensive collection of spells scattered in various books. If you want to use a spell that is not in the PHB, tell be what book it is in and if I can find it, I will generally allow it.
I am advertising for players primarily on games I am playing, to players I know. Those players will have dibbs. I am looking for about 6 characters, counting on player atrition to drop it to 3-5.
Posting frequency will vary. Due to work schedule, I will be nearly unable to post wednesday through saturday. Sunday through tuesday I will be able to post at least once a day, likely more.
I will be posting links to a rogue's gallery thread for this game.
Character generation: 32 point buy, max hp's first level, subsequent level's HPs are all natural rolls.

Slots taken:

Voda Vosa - Barb/Warrior type?
Scott - Rogue?
Helfdan - Paladin

Commentary: Ok, so far we could use arcane or divine casters or even psions, but hey, it's not my party braving the depths...
BTW, I do like to experiment and sometimes allow players to custom make spells/powers/feats. Just so ya know. I'm just fun that way. I also like to... Oh, I'll just let you find out on your own.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
um ... *ahem* ... DIBBS! for a good mix, eh? I wish you had tome of battle: book of nine swords. I need to think here.

maybe a rogue?

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
How will you handle ability score generation and hit points?

Voadam, ability scores are 32 point buy, Max HP's at first level, subsequent levels are what you roll, even ones.
Glad to see you both here, Scott and Helfdan! Paly and rogue will be fine. I will edit the first post to keep track...

G

Guest 11456

My choices:
1. Human Cleric of Pelor
2. Half-Orc Sorcerer
3. Half-Orc Druid
4. Dwarven Wizard

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases