(Rogue's Gallery) Yttermayn's Saga of the Dragon Cult

Yttermayn

First Post
Sorry Voadam, the two have been spoken for. Don't worry though, there will be other roles and things going on, trust me. One of the things I like to do is hook characters and their players in, and hook 'em deep. This is easier to do with characters who have backgrounds. So, no worries, there's more on the way!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
this is the un-officially official swag list for 'saga of the dragon cult'

[sblock=kobold abush, post 316]
actual post

After checking all the bodies, the group finds that the kobolds were pretty uniformly equipped and not outfitted for an extended forray. Amongst the ten bodies are found ten suits of small sized leather armor, ten shortswords of varying style and quality (though nothing exceptional), eight light crossbows, two broken light crossbows, 130 bolts, and nine of the gold three fingered hand amulets.

[/sblock]

leather armor, small sized X10
shortswords, size small X10
cross bows, light, small X8
bolts, small X130
amulet, gold, 3 finger design X9

ogre's lair:
one magical shield and two sacks in a corner

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Scrag, the Dim Troll
[sblock]
Whenever asked to identify himself, the young troll points a thumb in his chest and utters the word "Scrag." No one knows if its his name or if it is an indicator of an aquatic troll heritage. His sea-green and bluish hued skin would seem to indicate the latter, but he doesn't possess any of the other traits that seperate an aquatic troll from a regular troll.

Scrag simply wandered into town one day, nearly starved to death, collapsing on the steps of the temple. Being a young troll, the priest believed that perhaps this creature could be redeemed of his race's evil tendencies. To his credit, Scrag hasn't eaten anyone, yet, and has shown remarkable restraint at the jibes and insults thrown his way, though that may be because he doesn't understand them. The priest put the young troll to work hauling lumber, which Scrag does with no complaints. Thus far, Scrag seems content with his existence since he has food, water, and shelter. Whether he drifts into the murderous tendencies of his race, only time will tell.

Personality

Although taught the common tongue by the priest who took him in, Scrag very rarely chooses to speak, instead simply listening and following instructions. Scrag does show some self-awareness and self-reliance when it comes to defending himself, though he generally resorts to his natural weapons when doing so. Scrag's benefactor has often observed the young troll staring off into space during breaks in his work. The priest thinks that the young troll is merely daydreaming, though Scrag himself is mum on the issue. He also possesses a rather absurd sense of humor, erupting in a gurgling chuckle when something catches his fancy, though humans have a hard time figuring out just what it is he finds so amusing.

Basics

Race: Troll
Class (Level): Troll (2)
Alignment: Neutral
Size: Medium

Ability Scores

20 Str (10 points, +4 racial)
16 Dex (6 points, +2 racial at 2nd level)
18 Con (10 points, +2 racial at 2nd level)
4 Int (0 points, -4 racial)
12 Wis (6 points, -2 racial)
4 Cha (0 points, -4 racial)

Combat Stats

HP: 22
AC: 17 (+2 armor, +2 natural armor, +3 Dex), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 14
Speed: 30
BAB: +1
Grapple: +6 (+1 BAB, +5 Str)
Single Attack: Claw +6 (+1 BAB, +5 Str), 1d4+5 damage or Greataxe +6 (+1 BAB, +5 Str), 1d12+7, x3 crit or Longbow +4 (+1 BAB, +3 Dex), 1d8, x3 crit
Full Attack: 2 Claws +6 (+1 BAB, +5 Str), 1d4+5 damage; Bite +1 (+1 BAB, +5 Str, -5 secondary attack), 1d4+2 damage or Greataxe +6 (+1 BAB, +5 Str), 1d12+7, x3 crit; Bite +1 (+1 BAB, +5 Str, -5 secondary attack), 1d4+2 damage or Longbow +4 (+1 BAB, +3 Dex), 1d8, x3 crit

Fort: +7 (+3 base, +4 Con)
Ref: +3 (+0 base, +3 Dex)
Will: +1 (+0 base, +1 Wis)

Skills

All skills not listed that can be used untrained are simple ability checks.

Speak Language (Common) (2 skill points)

Feats

Wild Talent (2 power points and ability to take psionic feats)

Racial Traits (Double Regeneration, Automatically stabilizes if brought down to negative)

Darkvision 90'
Low-Light Vision
Giant Type

Languages

Common
Giant

Equipment

Longbow (75 gp)
20 Arrows (1 gp)
Greataxe (20 gp)
Leather Armor (10 gp)
10 chunks of meat (3 gp; 3 sp each)
Backpack (2 gp)
Waterskin (1 gp)
Black Arrow Scroll Tube and Ring
8 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Announcement: There is an opening for the character of Grok, a half-orc Cleric. Please post if interested in playing him. This game is updated typically twice a week or more, please only post if willing and capable of maintaining a minimum posting rate of once a week. More is strongly encouraged.

Yttermayn

First Post
You are the first, I just posted the opening about 5 minutes before I pointed it out to you. :) Since you apparently keep up on the game some, you've probably got a better idea what the games about and what Grok's about. Would like to see his personality blossom out a little more, too, so if you can do that with him, it's frosting.

Leif

Adventurer
Coolness! I have a bunch of games already, but this looks like one that I need to make room for. Plus, you've got some players that I already know: I know DeWar from a number of games, some that I DM, and some where we're both players. And I know Helfdan from the game that I co-DM with Scotley. I noticed that Grok has a tendency to be, um, less vociferous than is my custom, at least from the very early posts in the game. I can try to emulate that style, but would there be much trouble if Grok experienced a personality-shift? :D My bad, you're recruiting for Scrag the Troll, aren't you? Or maybe it is Grok? I'm so confused! :-S

btw, I really don't keep up with the game at all, I was just looking around and was impressed by what I saw. Hence the xp. ;)

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
I recruited for Scrag back in the summer but didn't really update the thread much after that, thus the confusion.
Grok and Scrag are both not real bright and not inclined to be chatty. However, there are ways to express and RP that do not involve a whole lot of dialog. Maybe a read through of the ic thread would help? Madmic did a pretty good job of playing him. I particularly enjoyed the way he handled the encounter with the cthulu-kitty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases