It isn't cheap!

Corlon

First Post
I keep on trying to convince my friends that quicker than the eye isn't cheap dispite the ways I use it (instant sneak attack, knocking people out by kicking em in the balls, etc.). In some way I start to think it is cheap.

What are the reasons this feat is balanced?

kreynolds

First Post
Corlon said:
What are the reasons this feat is balanced?

The fact that it's a move-equivalent action. If you're not hasted, you only get one partial action after you use it. Heck, even if you are hasted, you only get 1 sneak attack out of it. Basically, the only time this feat can be any real trouble is when someone's Bluff skill gets really high.

I don't think it's that bad. :)

Last edited:

Corlon

First Post
wha, one sneak attack

You can only get one sneak attack in a round?

Is this another of the things my (DEFECTIVE) PHB has neglected to tell me?

smetzger

Explorer
Re: wha, one sneak attack

Corlon said:

uhm, thats not what he said. He said it takes a MEA to activate QttE. Therefore you cannot use your full attack option after using QttE.

Caliban

Rules Monkey

Corlon said:

You only get one sneak attack when you are using the "Quicker than the Eye" feat.

kreynolds

First Post
What smetzger said. :) Basically, when you use QttE, it applies only to your next attack.

If your partial action is an attack against someone who failed the opposed check, that opponent is denied a Dexterity bonus to AC.

You can only get one attack with a partial action.

kreynolds

First Post

Corlon said:

By the way, I think we just identified the problem your group had with you and this feat. ;)

Corlon

First Post
actually, not really

I've nevered used haste and this feat combined before. I think they get annoyed because my rouge can almost match their fighter by dealing sneak attack damage EVERY round.

And it also gets annoying when I knock them out by kicking them in the balls, as my signature shows!

Thanks for that clarification.

Last edited:

IceBear

Explorer
Yeah, but only with ONE attack. If you have multiple attacks, you could be hitting for multiple sneak attacks. A rogue in combat with friends should be hitting with sneak attacks almost every round if he's able to flank anyway.

IceBear

kreynolds

First Post
Re: actually, not really

Corlon said:
I've nevered used haste and this feat combined before.

Well, seeing as how Haste wasn't even in the equation, I still think we identified the problem your group had with you and this feat. ;)

Corlon said:
Thanks for that clarification.

No problem. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases