Office of the Harbourmaster

changer

First Post
Janus being carfull now with his scythe staff, will make his way below decks to stash his gear, then come topside and set himeself out of the way of the crew. (Leaving his awkward staff below)

renau1g

First Post
Murphy will come topside from his cabin and begin to speak to various crewman who aren't busy. After seeing Janus, the human will walk over to him and lean on the rail of the ship.

"So good sir, are you ready to travel the high seas, tasting adventure and enjoying the absolute freedom that these travels will provide? I have been pining for a return to the great sea since I came into Daunton a few months ago." Murphy says, his eyes glittering as he looks out at the open waters.

changer

First Post
"Indeed friend, I too have tasted the freedom travel at sea brings, my voyage here was too short, I could spend a year on the deck of a great ship and never get bored with the vista." Janus sighs.
"But alas 'deckhand' is no life for one of my calling, I will have to settle for what time I can scrounge at sea. As for adventure a wise man once said 'Adventure, heh, excitement, heh, a journeyman craves not these things.' Still, I do feel a certain anticipation about this voyage." Janus adds.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah yes, the arcane arts would be quite taxing on ones freedom to travel I'd imagine. Myself, I've travelled the seas for years and nothing makes me feel more alive than the sea salt in my face and a strong wind at my back. So why'd you come to Daunton? Who is your master?" Murphy will reply, continuing their conversation while he awaits Captain Torion's orders to put out.

balth

First Post
Balth clucks his tongue and bites his finger as a drop of blood forms on his thumb.

Light! This will be the death of me, he says absentmindedly as he glances up to see the two men talking as the ship sets sail.

He's about twenty feet away, and smiles and nods to the men as he continues trying to mend the cloak the best he can.

He'd about kill to retract his comments from the tavern earlier about having a lusty barmaid to do this for him.

He grins to himself, remembering his own response.

changer

First Post
Janus replies to Murphy. “I finished my training in the arcane arts under the tutelage of Stalis Guvard. As a final task to becoming a mage I have need to find a spell or ritual unknown to my master. Then return and teach him. Only then will I be called a mage and I can cast off the title of Journeyman Wizard."

Noticing Balth struggling in his endeavors, Janus politely excuses himself from the conversation with Murphy and appraches.

“Excuse me, friend? I can help but noticing your plight, may I offer assistance? I know a quick ritual that will have that cloak fixed in no time at all.” Janus offers.

[sblock=ooc]

I will perform the Make Whole Ritual for Balth. Can I assume the cost of the ritual (20% of the cost of the item) has been covered by Balth's earlier purchases? If not I will deduct the cost from my ritual components fund.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

balth

First Post
“Excuse me, friend? I can help but noticing your plight, may I offer assistance? I know a quick ritual that will have that cloak fixed in no time at all.” Janus offers.

That's very kind of you... I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name friend. I am Baltharial Landdowin Brinjairrand. He flourishes, sitting down. Odd, but it looks nice. Balth, for short, if you like.

Anyways, it's very kind of you to offer to use your magic to fix my cloak, but I must decline. I am indeed having trouble; but you see, I need something to keep my mind off the water.

I... uh, well; that is to say... Well, I belong in the forest. I am in tune with nature, and the ocean... well it's meant to swallow nature. We sit on a vessel designed to defy the ocean; to use it to travel across its surface, where any little dent or break... and the ocean does what it does, it's cold blue fingers pulling us down...

He shudders, and looks a bit peaked. He grins, accentuating the scar running from his jaw to his hairline, and jabs his thumb into his mouth for a moment again.

Besides, I know those rituals cost components. My friend Torm was a mage, and if you were going to make my cloak whole again, I'd rather you saved that for something like... the ship.

He grins widely.

Last edited:

changer

First Post
Janus Laughs, "HA, you are indeed wise, but I have more than enough components to cover mending this cloak and I'm afraid, not nearly enough to fix a ship. But I know how you feel about being at sea, it took me many voyages to become comfortable with no dry land unser my feet.
Ah, where are my manners, I am Janus Reinhardt, Journeyman Wizard, at your service. Now I will leave you to your mending, may you find this journey safe and restfull."

With that said Janus bows deeply, returns to Murphy and begins the conversation anew.

balth

First Post
Janus Laughs, "HA, you are indeed wise, but I have more than enough components to cover mending this cloak and I'm afraid, not nearly enough to fix a ship. But I know how you feel about being at sea, it took me many voyages to become comfortable with no dry land unser my feet.
Ah, where are my manners, I am Janus Reinhardt, Journeyman Wizard, at your service. Now I will leave you to your mending, may you find this journey safe and restfull."

With that said Janus bows deeply, returns to Murphy and begins the conversation anew.

Balth grins broadly as Janus walks away and shouts over the deckhands and tide lapping against the shoreline, "Well, met, Janus! Twas the last Wizard I found myself with that did this!" He holds up the cloak, grinning. "But I have a feeling already that you take more care!"

He leans past so that Murphy can easily see him as Janus is walking back, "Thanks, friend, for the recommendation! I'll have you know the shopkeep is looking for you to pay him the money you owe him!"

He grins and makes a thanking gesture with the needle, thread and cloak as he beams, all pearly white teeth and blonde hair, conrasting harshly with the scar.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases