Collection of Records

Atanatotatos

First Post
If my calculations aren't off, we should be on the verge of winning an encounter worth 775 xp(if i remember right) as a 2nd level party with 4 members. Not bad uh?

JoeNotCharles

First Post
If my calculations aren't off, we should be on the verge of winning an encounter worth 775 xp(if i remember right) as a 2nd level party with 4 members. Not bad uh?

Yeah, that'd be 775/(125*4) = 775/500 = 1.55. I was about to say, "That's not that great, 775/800 is less than 1!" but I forgot that level 2 characters aren't just worth twice as much XP as level 1.

covaithe

Explorer
Hmm, true; I didn't think that encounter was all that hard, but by the numbers it's up there. Of course, terrain and tactics count for a lot in 4e. The MMC's latest fight, against skirmishers and artillery (and some minions) is in an area with very limited movement options and lots of terrain blocking movement. Because of the unfavorable terrain, the monsters are having trouble staying out of melee, and aren't concentrating fire. Contrast this with Closed Eye's latest fight, which also features artillery and skirmishers. By the numbers (550/400 = 1.375) it should be somewhat easier, but the terrain is much more favorable for a long range, mobile fight, and the PCs are having trouble.

Not that this has anything to do with records, I just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well if Alex had failed his save to avoid falling of the ship into the stormy shifting sea I might have had something to say against the terrain argument! :D

Oh and by the way it was 11 vs 4, just like the rats encounter. Though I understand there have been larger encounters...

covaithe

Explorer
Here's another record for the MMC: Quagmire once moved 18 squares in a single turn. I don't think anyone else has been that silly yet. I don't expect that record to stand, though; Q only has speed 5 and sooner or later someone with speed 7 will try that maneuver.

garyh

First Post
I think all this just goes to show that the MMC is the roughest, toughest, baddest crew in all the Transitive Isles. :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think all this just goes to show that the MMC is the roughest, toughest, baddest crew in all the Transitive Isles. :)
...and with a badass name on top of it! :D
Now we really need the Bloody Wake to freely raid the whole Shifting Seas...
Y'know ... I just can't argue with this. The MMC is pretty darn cool. :cool:

On a serious note, can anyone think of the fight with the largest odds against the PCs? With Hoofchew there were 13 monsters (if I counted right), but there were 9 PCs, so it's definitely not in the running.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I propose the MMC's current fight :angel: Well, numerically in truth we're owning :p

Don't worry Garyh. As soon as Alex can but his hands on Pass Forward from Martial Power, Hrav is gonna be the most frequently flanking rogue of the Transitive Isles... You'll love it! :D

garyh

First Post
Don't worry Garyh. As soon as Alex can but his hands on Pass Forward from Martial Power, Hrav is gonna be the most frequently flanking rogue of the Transitive Isles... You'll love it! :D

Yes, yes, I will. :D Our group's great for a rogue - lots of melee PC's with smart tactics, and a warlord for extra melee basic attacks that work great for Hrav due to his Str being as high as his Dex.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases