Collection of Records

Dunamin

First Post
Hmmm ... that still gives a big advantage to large or high level groups .... what about this:

(XP of encounter - XP budget of party)/XP budget

Then actual level or party size shouldn't matter, it will just be the percentage above an equal level encounter. For example, the Hoofchew fight: (1298 - 900)/900 = 44%, meaning that the fight was 44% "above our level". That way the actual XP numbers don't matter, only what they mean relative to the party. Thoughts?
Sounds good to me, doesn't seem like it will get more fair than that.

I think one of the little fun things about having the option to update whenever you feel like it, is that it can give you something to do while you're waiting for your turn to come up during an encounter.

covaithe

Explorer
I think we could have both, a total xp one that's expected to be dominated by high level groups, and one that's weighted by level and/or party size.

Come to think of it, here's another record we could track: Who currently has the most XP.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
That's a good idea. And more records means more people involved, which means less work for each person ;)

Another possibility: total enemies dispatched by a party and/or individual over their career? The party one could be difficult, due to the shifting parties in a living world.

Ooh, and another: most powerful PC-owned magic item. Possibly for each slot? Or just each of the big three (weapon/implement, armor, neck)?

covaithe

Explorer
Don't forget the DMing records.

Longest game completed, by post count
Longest game completed, by calendar time
Most career DM points earned
Most PCs killed. :devil:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Don't forget the DMing records.

Longest game completed, by post count
Longest game completed, by calendar time
Most career DM points earned
Most PCs killed. :devil:
Heh, I think that last one would be good to check before you start an adventure - make sure your new DM doesn't hold the record. ;)

Speaking of dubious records, how about the adventure with the highest player turnover? :p

Some more prestigious ideas:

Longest lasting group, by consecutive adventures (not necessarily the whole party, but probably pairs or trios that have been together a long time)
Longest lasting group, by calendar time (same as above)
Longest adventure series, by consecutive adventures
Longest adventure series, by calendar time
Shortest adventure, by posts or calendar time
Adventure with highest XP earned/day ;)

garyh

First Post
I like all these ideas. I especially think we should have separate records for tiers (when we get someone to paragon), but I wouldn't worry about having every record broken down by exact level.

Dunamin

First Post
Most definitely. :)

I think I was holding off on putting it up because there was talk of doing some major overhaul with the wiki. Not sure what the status is on that, though.

Anyway, should we put it on the L4W Main page or the Transitive Isles page? I was thinking the former was more appropriate but I sort of get the impression that its only the latter people actually use.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases