Collection of Records

garyh

First Post
Necromancer's Skull had a whirling blade trap, a pit trap, two spear traps, and two crossbow traps (some of which the party detected before setting off).

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I have a feeling that the Closed Eye probably has the record for traps in one encounter - if I'm not mistaken, the little gauntlet in the secret passage had 4 spear traps and 2 crossbow traps. Heh, chalk up another record for the most seriously unaligned group in L4W ;)

covaithe

Explorer
I have a feeling that the Closed Eye probably has the record for traps in one encounter - if I'm not mistaken, the little gauntlet in the secret passage had 4 spear traps and 2 crossbow traps. Heh, chalk up another record for the most seriously unaligned group in L4W ;)

No, it was just one magic crossbow turret and one spear gauntlet trap, DMG p.87 and 88. It's just that I misread the spear gauntlet trap and ran it completely wrong, making it slightly tougher. I'm finding that you really have to read the trap blocks very carefully; the fine print matters a lot.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Ah, I see. I haven't really done much with traps as of yet - the RL game I am (was?) running has mostly been focused on goblin raiders and highwaymen based in the forest, and I haven't seen much opportunity (or felt much desire ;)) to use traps yet.

covaithe

Explorer
Ah, I see. I haven't really done much with traps as of yet - the RL game I am (was?) running has mostly been focused on goblin raiders and highwaymen based in the forest, and I haven't seen much opportunity (or felt much desire ;)) to use traps yet.

I get the feeling that the DMG traps aren't so much meant to be used, as meant to be examples for you to build your own traps off of. After all, who wants to fight yet another spear gauntlet trap? I mean, they're good for adding some spice to an otherwise dull encounter, but on their own as traps, you're better off making up something new based on the existing examples, I think.

Atanatotatos

First Post
I've been thinking of reviving this thread for a while, so I edited the "most foes defeated in an encounter relative to party size" with MMC's records (11 vs 4) if no-one is contrary.
I think I'll be back soon, 'cause I believe Alex and the MMC as a whole have snatched quite a few records in the fight vs Kartharath Soulstealer... :heh:

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases