[news] Camarilla Port-a-post

Mortaneus

First Post
To carry on a subject from the old boards:

Hmm...still no substantive news from the BoD of the Camarilla on what's going to happen. White Wolf seems to be proceeding as if they were in charge, and the BoD just seems to be whining about it right now.

Gamers will be gamers, I guess. Everyone wants to put in their two cents, and seems to believe that their opinion actually matters for something in all of this.

Pretty typical.

graydoom

First Post
As I said in the old thread on the old forums, I find the whole situation funny. I hope we can keep getting updates from the people who are following this closely. I want to know how this ends up!

Seems to me that the Camarilla organization is in the wrong, in a bunch of ways.

Mortaneus

First Post
Yike, threads are getting shoved downward pretty fast. Hmm....probably partly because it's only showing 20 or so threads a page, instead of the old 50.

The Traveler

First Post
Mortaneus said:
Yike, threads are getting shoved downward pretty fast. Hmm....probably partly because it's only showing 20 or so threads a page, instead of the old 50.
You can change that in your preferences.

Mortaneus

First Post
The Traveler said:
You can change that in your preferences.

Umm...no you can't. You can change the number of messages per page (which is cool), but you can't change how many threads per page. At least not that I've seen.

Terraism

Explorer
First off - Mortaneus, that is one SCARY cat.

Secondly - I never paid attention to the Camarilla posts in the old forum - anyone wanna throw out a quick summary?

Mortaneus

First Post
Terraism said:
First off - Mortaneus, that is one SCARY cat.
It's the cheshire cat from that wonderful rendition of Alice in Wonderland by American McGee. I highly recommend the game. (BTW, yes, I actually CAN grin like that)

Secondly - I never paid attention to the Camarilla posts in the old forum - anyone wanna throw out a quick summary?

Basically, White Wolf has seized control of the Camarilla (the gaming organization, not the WoD sect) for neglecting their duties and not re-signing their contract with White Wolf. The Board of Directors has been protesting. There's a lot of hot words flying, and it looks like it's going to get legal.

There's a decent chance the org is just going to split down the middle.

The Traveler

First Post
Presently, Shea has put out another letter to the membership, in which it is claimed that the Utah Camarilla is a legally seperate organization from the Seattle Camarilla. Thus, while the Seattle Camarilla may have had a contract with White Wolf, the Utah one never did.

Or so it is claimed.

Of course the Tome claims the Camarilla was founded in Seattle in 1992, and makes no distinction between the two, and the Utah organization has billed itself as the Official Fan Club ever since its incorporation in 1995.

At the very least, the latest letter seems shifty.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases