Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Right - you're honest, and I'm a goblin. Anyway, I'm sure you wouldn't set up an ambush on us, because she's not kidding around. Trust me, I've seen her do it. Not pretty." The elf shudders visibly to add to the effect (and not entirely insincerely, with the mental images he's conjured).

After Kruk's 'healing' on Rabbit, Raiyek walks over and bandages the wound properly, to minimize the pain and maximize mobility. Looking to the other two to see if they're ready to move yet. "Well, since we have nothing whatsoever to fear from Marley, since Brynden is so sure that he's honest, shall we get moving?" He makes it clear that he's also being sarcastic, implying that they should be prepared for a fight once again.

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, hearing the tone of Raiyek's voice, winks at him to show that he understands. "Oh, I dropped something behind the bar where I fought the gnome." He walks back and notices the Brynden's two-handed axe. He grabs it and says: "You don't mind if I hold this while we are still here do ya? Better answer nicely or the gith will get ya. I've seen her in action too." Kruk steps away from the bar and inspects the axe, swinging it a couple times and examining the blade. "Don't piss her off Mr. Brynden." Kruk states, chucking and shaking his head as if warning someone.

[sblock=OCC]: I'm taking the axe so that he cannot use it in case there is an ambush.

Don I, while I have it...:)... is the axe of better quality then my own? If so, what can you tell me about it?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]This is the slums, dimsdale. Its not so much an "axe" as much as it is a stick with a jagged edge of metal stuck to the end of it.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Blood gushes from 7 Rabbit's chest as Kruk yanks the arrow out. He screams and passes out, coming to only when Les has bandaged the wound.

"I hope you're not the Trickster," he mutters. " I hope you're not the Trickster OR the Warrior, or we're all doomed!"

He gets to his feet and looks around. "What's going on? I think I passed out for a bit."

dimsdale

First Post
"Errr...sorry 7-Rabbitt...I didn't know the wound was that bad. I better leave the doctoring to Les and Raiyek from now on." Kruk says with genuine concern.

Kruk, after inspecting the axe, is not impressed. He tosses it into a corner of the tavern far away from the door and the bartender. "Don't have any ideas of retrieving this piece of garbage (pointing to the axe). You're better off staying where you're at."

Don Incognito

First Post
Brynden leads you out of the bar and through various alleyways of Daunton's seedy underside until you reach what appears to be a two-story hovel. The house is unguarded, at least it appears so from the outside. Up the stairs there is a wooden door, which Brynden opens for you to reveal a suprisingly well-furnished room, complete with chairs, wine, and a large safe in on the back wall. Inside the spacious room are two men, and Brynden looks shocked; he appears to have expected more.

The first appears to be a young man in his mid-twenties with lightly tanned skin. A hooded cloak covers his jet black hair, and his boyish face is off-put by a deep scar below his left eye. He stands behind the older of the two, who is seated in a lavish leather chair. His significantly more weathered; his face is a cornocopia of jagged scars, criss-crossing across his face. His dirty blonde hair is combed and slicked back, and he stares coldly at his new guests, his hand resting on the hilt of a sheathed sword which he spins delicately.

"Ya' didn't get my message?!", Brynden shouts in anger, "Kill them, kill them now!"

The two men look at each other, and the older one lets loose a wry smile.

"What did you expect, Brynden?", he says. His voice is calm and smooth. "That at your word I would have fifteen crossbowmen ready to fire at your command? I wasn't aware that you were even a PART of my organization, let alone that you had risen to such a stature that you could order a hit. Since when do I fight your battles for you? If I recall correctly, you didn't think that my protection would be a wise investment."

"They came into MY bar, Marley! They came into MY bar and started ta cut up MY customers!"

"That's not what I heard, Brynden. I heard that you drew weapons first."

"They were asking questions, Marley!" Brynden stamps his foot in anger. "They came in and asked a DIRECT question about Rebekkah! That's straight-up code!"

The one called Marley sighs, rises to his feet, and slowly walks toward Brynden, sheathed sword in hand. "Brynden, you idiot. A group of strangers walks into your bar, two of them in FULL ARMOR, all of them CARRYING WEAPONS, obviously NOT FAMILIAR WITH HOW WE DO THINGS HERE, and they ask questions. And you give the order to draw blood? You KNOW they weren't trying to disrespect, and yet you decided to try and teach them a lesson. Why? Because you're a poseur, Brynden. You were trying to make a name for yourself on the streets by picking a fight, and you come crying to me when you inevitably get your hide handed to you on a silver platter."

Marley's speech grows in intensity as he nears Brynden. When he finally gets close enough, he backhands the half-elven bartender across the face.

"You're pathetic, Brynden. I'm here to talk to them, not kill them. Get out of my sight before I have Ash cut out your tongue."

Brynden looks embarassed, but his eyes shoot daggers at the group of adventurers before he sprints back through the door and down the stairs. Marley sighs, burying his head in his hands before addressing the party.

"I hope you all realize the favor I just did you. Now come sit, we have a lot to talk about."

[sblock=ooc]I wanted to get things back on track, and introduce Ashurn, who will be joining us. His player is PierceSG, who is fairly new here, and was very nice to put up with my slight tweaking of his backstory in order to fit him into the adventure. Sitting down and talking to Marley will qualify you to take a short rest.

I'm new to the whole "awarding experience" thing, but I'm gonna give it a shot. The total for the last encounter was 686

2 Halfling slingers=100x2=200
6 Human rabble=31x6=186
1 Gnome skulk=125
1 Brynden (Human beserker)=175
200+186+125+175=686
686/4=171.5

I'm gonna round down and award Seven Rabbit, Raiyek, Les, and Kruk 171 XP each. That shouldn't level anyone, but if it does, feel free to RP with Marley / Ash until you get approval.[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
"Marley, you have no need to ask. I would have cut off that poser's tongue if he ran one step slower." Ashurn replies with a huff. "After rejecting our services, he dares assume to give us command?! And to top it off, to order an ambush!" Ashurn's face turn visibly red even though he's tanned.

As the band if adventurers approaches Marley, "I'm sorry for the outburst, and most certainly apologetic for what has happened in the bar. None of that would have happened if we had our man there." Ashurn, with a bow, "And well met, my name's Ashurn Dhara. A rogue by trade. A blade for hire. Though I'm currently working for Marley. I welcome you to our humble abode."

Ashurn now walks forward slowly, putting himself between Marley and the band of adventurers, "Now, if you are here for, thinking of laying your hands on Marley...", with a quick flick of his hand, Ashurn now holds a sharp gleaming dagger in his hand. "...you'll have to deal with me first." Ashurn ends the sentence with a smile but with a menacing aura around him.

[sblock=OOC] Hi there everyone, nice to meet you all and happy to join you all on your adventure. Name's Pierce here, character's Ashurn. Though you can call him Ash. ;)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek watches the exchange between Brynden and Marley with interest - the underbelly of Daunton would seem to not be united. That could definitely play in their favour later on. He remains silent, content to let the two hash out their own debate. When Brynden glares at them as he leaves, he just stares back at him. No expression, no indication as to what he thinks of Brynden, just returning his stare.

After Marley asks them to sit, the paladin finally speaks up. "Well met, Marley, Ashurn," he says, looking to each in turn. "Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys. Thank you for your graciousness; I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear that we didn't expect it," he says with a bow.

When Ash shows his intent to guard Marley, Raiyek smiles. "Worry not, we have no intent to harm Marley if he has no intent to harm us." Then he takes Marley up on his offer, moves over to a chair and sits, leaning his shield on the left side of the chair. He waits patiently for Marley to say what he wants to say, giving the room a scan as he does. He seems to know the situation, and more than we do, so if he's going to talk we may as well let him talk. He seems genuine enough.
[sblock=OOC]Hi, Pierce! Good to have you on board. I'm sure you'll fit right in. ;)
P.S. I love rogues :D

As an aside, Don, if you'd prefer not to do XP after every fight, what most of the DMs here do is 'bank' the XP until it's enough to level their players, then give one big award. If I'm not mistaken, Les, Kruk, and Raiyek each have 546 XP, so we're only halfway to 2nd. Banking it makes for less links for character checkers to check XP, but of course then you have to keep track yourself. ;)

Oh, and Perception: 1d20+10=20 and Insight: 1d20+8=17. And we get our short rest now? I'll include my updated stat block here again, just for fun.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
The gith gives a close-mouthed smile to Marley and bows to him. “It is pleasant to meet someone here with style, taste and decorum. Suffice to say, we did not come here for a fight. We are simply investigating where our ah, friend, has gone. My name is Les, and my companions and I so dearly wish to speak to you about this matter.” She walks to a chair and sits down, surprisingly calm and reserved after just threatening to eat someone.

While seated, the gith tilts her head and rotates it to look at the mercenary. “Pleased to meet you. I would not concern yourself too much with us. We have no intentions to harm either of you. Unless of course you give us due reason too.

[sblock=OOC]
Hi Pierce! I think Les and Ash will get along brilliantly.

Sessadore, could you perhaps uhm...either link me to your sheet or to the exp from Hoofchew? I had no idea I was supposed to link the post:blush:
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Haha, don't worry about it too much yet. You really only need the links when you do your level-up approval submission, so that the checkers can make sure you got the numbers right (and that you really should be leveled up ;)).

Anyway, here you go: Raiyek; Hoofchew XP. There's also a link to Raiyek in my sig, and I've got the Hoofchew link in the XP tracking section of his CS.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases