Adventure: Echoes of O

Vlastos

First Post
OOC: An explosive white light and then Vlastos re-emerges, relaxes, quite calm, far away removed from the sophamoric exploits of mysteriously appearing humonoids armed with enhanced slings of "wizard critting". As he drifts further on and away along a great spiral downward, the magestic Fingers of Nergal rise up from some deeper central darkness, hard to pinpoint. They are resplendently black, impossibly grand, enraged to grasp him yet gently like Kong to Darrow.

The wizard smiles deeply, then, warmly, as he has known the one that arises from Meslam well his entire life:

Silly, Rabbit; astrology is the Greater Mystery, he smirks inwardly awash in hallowed knowledge, and then he simply fades away, unwilling to return to the harsh lines of the tailored landscape above.

I'm out, he ghost whispers to Kruk with his dying breath, see ya when I see ya.

OOC: Here lies Vlastos the Wizard - he was no bootlicker.

Vlastos

First Post
OOC: Don't think I will, but you can do me a favor. Tell 7-Rabbit that as Striker, he should have struck the bartender as the fat elf 1) insulted him and 2) is their obvious leader and sole source of morale. That's all. I'm out.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]
I'll defend my decision to go after the ranged attacker who had advantage of ground on us and who was temporarily in a perfect position to be pulled into a fall and one-shotted, over the brute looking guy who I realistically couldn't take out in a round anyway and who was standing very close to the defender.
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Calm down, please] Okay, guys, a few deep breaths here, please. I lost track of this thread for a while, but I just ran across it again tonight, and was enjoying reading it. It looked like things were going really well, and then boom! Let's see if we can't backtrack a few steps, shall we?

Don Incognito, when I read the "numbnuts" comment, I chose to take that as friendly joking around, but clearly some of your players have seen it otherwise. Remember, this is a text medium, and people can't hear your tone of voice. Please write carefully. And in the unlikely event that you did intend the insult, please don't do that.

Vlastos, dimsdale, please have some patience. I'd like to see if we can't sort this out to everyone's satisfaction, but the more angry words are out there, the harder that will be. Feel free to email me any time if there's something you've just got to get off your chest.

Finally, this adventure really does need a judge. I can do it if you like, or if you'd prefer to have me butt out and have someone else handle it, that's fine. Edit: Whoops, I see that Ozymandias79 is judging. Still, if I can help, I'd really like to see this come out okay.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]So, Vlastos ... are you leaving? Or what's the deal?

I read Don's comment as joking around, myself; especially with the joking you three had done amongst each other thus far (some people throw sarcastic insults at their friends as a matter of course). But regardless, let's all calm down a notch - it's just a game, after all, and a cooperative one at that, so there's no point getting on each others' cases. Just relax and enjoy the game :)

Also, if you'll recall, Covaithe did something similar to Vashik, one of the wizards in our Hoofchew escapade. Yes, a wizard getting pelted by ranged attacks is a little unpleasant, but I wouldn't say Don's being unreasonable - we have the tools at our disposal to deal with it. Namely, a ranged striker, and a gith who can plop someone up in the rafters to get the little slingers, plus Vlastos, who is by no means out of the fight (unless he chooses to be). It's not as bad as it looks, guys.[/sblock]
Raiyek, fuelled by the sight of Vlastos falling and Les coming to support him, rushes past the goon blocking the way to Brynden, drawing an attack as he passes. He absorbs the blow, ignoring it in the face of his goal. "Thanks for the support, Les, but I think the wizard needs you more!"

The paladin's blade flashes again, his eyes glowing with the power of his goddess. Palladys, guide my blade, lend me your valour!

"This is foolish, Brynden! Stop this, lets talk!" he calls, trying to appeal to the barkeep's reason.

[sblock=Actions]Can I move diagonally from B3 to C2? If so:
Move: to E2: W,NW,NE,E,E
Minor: Divine Challenge Brynden
Standard: Holy Strike on Brynden: 1d20+6=20, 1d8+6=8. Forgot to include the +1 damage from versatile, so it would be 9 damage.

If I can't move like that, then do this:
Move: to C1: W,W,NW,N,NE,E
Standard: Valiant Strike on B2: 1d20+7=21, 1d8+3=5. Forgot versatile, so should be 6 damage.
Minor: Divine Challenge B2 if he's still standing, or draw shield.

Fair enough about the shield, just thought I'd check if there had been enough time before combat actually started. In that case, he'll be two-handing his sword until he puts his shield on.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception. [/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ok, got it. He was just joking around. Thanks. Hey "Numbnuts," can you do me a favor and please post your "to hit" and "damage" rolls so that all of us can see them. Thanks. I didn't realize slings could do as much damage as great axes.
[/sblock]

Kruk, seeing his friend goes down, screams in agony. Instantly his agony turns to anger. He takes his wrath out on the foes surrounding him. He swings his axe in a motion inorder to hit multiple foes

[sblock=actions]
cleave at foe I6: attack roll: 1d20+7= 12
damage (if it is a hit): 1d12+4 = 7 plus 4 points to any foe next to Kruk

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]The halfling (can I stop dancing around that now? I think we all know that there are halflings in the rafters) deals 1d6+4 damage with each sling hit. Plus 1d6 damage for having combat advantage. 12 damage really isn't that unreasonable. That said, I will post all rolls from now on.[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
OOC: First thanks for the help, covaithe, you are welcome to co-judge this thread if you like to. Secondly, sorry for not being around but I had do somethings IRL. Thirdly everybody post rolls and players please post a statline for your characters and also please post what you do with your standard, move and minor actions(remember, Kruk, you can mark them
with minor actions) and it takes 3 FAILED death saves to die, Vlastos, so I am sure Vlastos will be awake soon due to Les. Forth lets refrain from calling each other names and likes, also remember to respect each others and to have fun.

Your Judge
Ozymandias79

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases