Adventure: Echoes of O

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Let's get back to business as usual, shall we?[/sblock]

I'll need new actions from everyone, please.

Map the first.

Map the second.

INITIATIVE

I4 Rafters: 22
Sessadore: 17<<Your turn!
Dimsdale: 17
JNC: 19/30: 15
???: 14
H4: 14
Dawn Raven: 12
I4: 10
J6: 10, prone
Brynden: 8
B2: 7
C5: 5
F4 Rafters: 5
G8: 2

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit doesn't even seem to notice the strange goings-on beside him - he's fixated on the slingbearers in the rafters. "Get you yet... hurt ME will you? I am a valued member of the court!" he mutters. "... bah ... no good angle ... stupid alien geometries ... IF I WERE UP THERE YOU WOULD MEET THE ABYSS!"

[sblock="OOC"]
I will post actual character actions after I find out what Les and Kruk are doing - this is just me indicating that I'd like to fly, since I think Les's previous post has been retconned so she'd have no way to know.

I assume Kruk will be vaulting over the bar and throttling the bartender. That should be fun to watch.
[/sblock]

[sblock="OOC to Dawn Raven"]
Oops, got you and Raiyek mixed up. I think I'll hold my action until you can throw me. Sound like a plan?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Fueled by the appearance of new adversaries, Raiyek pursues his target with renewed fury. He rushes past the mook standing between himself and Brynden, drawing an attack in the process. He ignores the weak blow in the face of his goal.

The paladin's blade flashes again, his eyes glowing with the power of his goddess. Palladys, guide my blade, lend me your valour!

"This is foolish, Brynden! Stop this, lets talk!" he calls, trying to appeal to the barkeep's reason.

[sblock=Actions]Can I move diagonally from B3 to C2? If so:
Move: to E2: W,NW,NE,E,E
Minor: Divine Challenge Brynden
Standard: Holy Strike on Brynden: 1d20+6=20, 1d8+6=8. Forgot to include the +1 damage from versatile, so it would be 9 damage.

If I can't move like that, then do this:
Move: to C1: W,W,NW,N,NE,E
Standard: Valiant Strike on B2: 1d20+7=21, 1d8+3=5. Forgot versatile, so should be 6 damage.
Minor: Divine Challenge B2 if he's still standing, or draw shield.

Fair enough about the shield, just thought I'd check if there had been enough time before combat actually started. In that case, he'll be two-handing his sword until he puts his shield on.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
thanks for having me back everyone :)
[/sblock]

Kruk, upset at his last attack against such inferior foes, reaches back with his axe and cleaves again! "You better be happy your drunk boys...it'll ease your pain!"

[sblock=attack]
cleave attack: 1d20+7 = 17 on I6 for damage 1d12+4 = 15 plus 4 points damage on foe I4.
[/sblock]

Kruk screams as his weapon strikes home on not one but two foes! Kruk pauses just for a moment to take in what has happened: sadness from Vlastos's horrific injuries turns to rage, which turns to revenge! He turns slowly to face the bartender. Kruk's eyes bore into the bartender. "It's time you felt the wrath of my axe you scum!"

OCC: Don I, I'd like to spend an action point here. Is there an athletics roll I have to make in order to jump over the bar so I can take a swipe at the bartender? (I had lots of practice doing that in HC :lol:)

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]DC 13 Athletics check to jump over the bar. You get a +1 circumstance bonus, since you can stand on a dead body to get a little more height.[/sblock]

Vlastos manages to slink away from the bar, out into the streets.

The suprised man takes a swing at Raiyek as he passes, but the attack misses the paladin. Gripping the sword with both hands, the elf swings the sword at Brynden, who instinctively jumps back to avoid the blow. His reflexes aren't up to par, however, and Raiyek's sword draws blood across Brynden's chest, eliciting a grunt from the barkeep (hits for 9 damage).

Kruk grits his teeth and swings his weapon in a vicious arc, cutting down the man who attacked him before sweeping low to catch the one who was struggling to get to his feet. Both men are felled by the attack, groaning slightly as they fall to the ground motionless (Kruk is a minion-killing machine!)

But there is a glint in the dwarf's eye; he is not done yet.

[sblock=STATUS]Waiting on Kruk to finish his turn. He's got a minor, a move, and (assuming he passes his check) an action-pointy special standard action. Then JNC, then our mystery guest. Also, I'd like for Kruk not to make his action-pointy special standard until he either passes or fails his skill check. I'm not going to say that the mystery crossbowman is hiding behind the bar, but the mystery crossbowman is hiding behind the bar.[/sblock]

Map the first (since map the second hasn't changed)
The yellow sparklies indicate that Brynden is marked via special Paladinny goodness.

INITIATIVE

I4 Rafters: 22
Sessadore: 17
Dimsdale: 17<<Your turn! (still)
JNC: 19/30: 15
???: 14
H4: 14
Dawn Raven: 12
I4: 10
I6: 10
Brynden: 8
B2: 7
C5: 5
F4 Rafters: 5
G8: 2

dimsdale

First Post
An insane grin appears on Kruks face as he prepares his jump. He screams as he leaps off the head of a slain foe in an attempt to clear the bar

[sblock=roll]
attempt to leap over the bar: athletics 1d20+7+1 = 11

ugh!
[/sblock]

the leap...."uggghh", he hits the bar, dazed he turns to the dead minion with the , now crushed skull: "I should have known you wouldn't be able to support my weight!"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Kruk obviously should've stepped on the dead man's hip - it would be far stronger ;)

About the hidden crossbowman that I don't know is hiding behind the bar, shouldn't Raiyek be able to see him now? Seeing as he doesn't really have any cover now, and Raiyek has 20 passive Perception? (Just to be clear, if Raiyek legitimately can't see him, no worries. Just reminding you in case you forgot.)[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Haha, I've got an idea. You'll like it, but I don't feel like writing it all out right now. Think of it as the DM's "apology" for not posting rolls earlier in combat. Kruk may take a few points of damage, but you'll thank me.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Haha, I've got an idea. You'll like it, but I don't feel like writing it all out right now. Think of it as the DM's "apology" for not posting rolls earlier in combat. Kruk may take a few points of damage, but you'll thank me.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Ha ha! Sounds good. Kruk needs to take some damage for his lame attempt of the jump (Kruk shakes his head in shame).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads