Adventure: Echoes of O

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit squeals in delight as he soars through the air, looking more than ever like a parrot. His squeal turns into a shout as he slams chest first into the rafter. He pulls himself up and climbs shakily to his feet, looking around. "Now, where are you... AHA!"

The light seems to drain from around his body and coalesce around his hand as he stalks down the rafter towards the closest halfling. When he is halfway there, he brings his hand back and hurls the ball of radiance at it. The halfling is bathed in a sickly light that shifts and moves as it does.

[sblock=Actions]
Sweet, in that case:

On Les's turn: Fly to J6 in the rafters (I get +2 AC against the opportunity attack because of combat reflexes)

Minor: Warlock's Curse on the halfling at I4
Standard: Dire Radiance on the halfling at I4
Move: Walk to J5 so it can't shoot me without moving

21 to hit, 15 damage

Plus it takes another 1d6+4 damage if it moves closer to me (which isn't likely but I wanted to attack Fort instead of Reflex cause it's a halfling and they're nimble little :):):):)ers).

Oh, if I'm not mistaken this is the one that hasn't used its Second Chance yet, so here's another attack roll in case it does: 20. Hah! Take that, halfling!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]A few things. 1, the way Telekenetic Leap works RAW is that Les spends a move action to allow JNC to fly up to five squares. So, if Les uses TK on Rabbit, then Rabbit flies on HER turn, meaning that once Rabbit's turn rolls around, he gets a fresh move action. 2, Rabbit provokes an AoO for moving away from a living target, albeit a drunk one. 3, Raiyek's challenge remains in effect on Brynden until he fails to engage him; no minor action to refresh it is necessary. 4, Les' previous action involved her moving down to Vlastos (who is now not there) and healing him. Please post new actions, or at least repost your old ones, as I can't seem to find ones that make sense in the current context.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
The warlord grins at Sevenrabbit and points up. She then throws him up into the rafters. She then stays where she is, swinging her chain around her head and glaring at anyone to come close. The spikes glitter in the torchlight and the menace in her tone is chilling to her allies, and hopefully to the foes as well.

Les watches Seven-Rabbits flight for a moment until he is safely in the rafters then she turns her attention back to the battle on hand. She slashes her chain through the air as if commanding a herd of dogs and shouts at Raiyek. "Raiyek, hit him low!" She lets out a warcry immediately following, a yelling shriek that pierces the blood and bones of Brynden.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Hah, forgot to post what to ready last time. But I also forgot that Les has ...Commander's Strike!

Move: Telekinetic Leap to 7-Rabbit
Minor: Random, useless, intimidate roll on various humans. 17
[/sblock]

Reposted

[sblock=OOC2]
Sexual harrassment Panda!

...must think of other ideas to describe Commander's strike. So, I'll leave it up to Don to roll that one! I don't know Raiyek's basic attack rolls. >.> He gets +3 damage if the hit is successful
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thank you, darling. Also, I'm calling you darling. Yay for sexual harassment!

I need to know JNC's move and what action Les is readying, then we can move on.

Oh! And I've secured a replacement for Vlastos. I think you'll like him; he seems like good people (don't quote me on this). You'll meet him down the line.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
At Les' command, the Seven Rabbit rises to the rafters. The man who was bearing down on the dwarf just a moment before takes a swing at him as he passes, which connects, blooding the foreign dwarf.

The halfling at I4 is bathed in sickly light, convulsing in pain. In its spasms, it looses his footing and slips forward, accidentally triggering the second part of the dwarf's attack. What drops to the ground is not a halfling, but rather the withered husk of what once WAS a halfling (the first attack bloodied him. He takes 8 from the secondary damage and 10 from the fall. He's more than dead).

Les swings her chain menacingly. One of the men retreats to a corner, looking afraid. She then notices a gap in Brynden's defenses, and shouts to Raiyek, who nods and lunges with his sword. Brynden watches the exchange with a wry smile, easly blocks the attack. Brynden grits his teeth. "Talkin's fer sissies!" he snarls, swinging his axe at Raiyek, scoring a vicious cut across his shoulder, his axe tearing through armor (note; this is fluff. your armor is fine. Hit for 7 damage).

The drunken man to the northeastern corner moves to flank Raiyek, and swings a chair leg at him. Raiyek is able to see the attack coming thorugh the corner of his eye, however, and dodges (I forgot to add the +2 flanking bonus, but it wouldn't have mattered).

The second halfling, gasping in horror as he watches his comrade fall to his death, moves to a more advantageous position and grunts as he unleashes his fullisade of sling bullets. The first catches Les in her side, and the githyanki feels pain blossom as the bullet bounces off of her chainmail. The next two are aimed at the dwarf across the way, but both attacks go wide long before they reach him.

INITIATIVE

Dead Halfling: 22
Sessadore(20/27): 17<<Your Turn!
Dimsdale: 17
JNC: 15/30: 15
Gnome (11 damage): 14
H4: 14
Dawn Raven(19/24): 12
I4: 10
I6: 10
Brynden (9 damage): 8
D2: 7
C5: 5
E5 Rafters: 5
M10: 2

Map the first

Map the second

[sblock=OOC]PLEASE make include your stat blocks in your combat posts. PLEASE.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]In #3 up there, where you answered my question, I'm assuming you really meant Brynden instead of Marley? :p Oh, and I put my shieldless defenses in brackets in my stat block.

Also, I'm pretty much back from my holiday, so I should be fairly available once again (read: glued to the boards even though I should be doing other stuff).

*cracks knuckles* alright, time to asplode. ;)[/sblock]
Brynden's inability to hear reason doesn't seem to slow the paladin down at all. In grim tones, he says, "Very well. You've chosen your path, now walk it!"

Raiyek's blade flashes once again as he spins to face the drunkard behind him. Immediately after the strike, he leaps to the side, carefully examining Brynden's defenses as he goes. He grins as he sees an opening, then silently prays a short prayer to Palladys. His eyes burn a brilliant gold, and his sword does the same. He thrusts his blade forward again, towards Brynden, the glowing steel seeming to elongate and sharpen, sliding through any defenses towards his target.
[sblock=Actions]Standard: Valiant Strike vs. D2: 1d20+8=16, 1d8+4=11. Hits AC 16 for 11 damage.
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Brynden.
Move: if D2 is dead, shift to F2. If D2 is not dead, shift after the AP attack below.

Action Point: Piercing Smite on Brynden with HQ: 1d20+6+1=20, 2d8+4=9, 1d6=3. +1 on attack is from Les' Tactical Presence.
That hits Reflex 20 for 12 damage, and marks D2 if he's not dead. Ok, not as asplodey as I was hoping, but it darn well better hit! I was all prepared to blow Elven Accuracy and make it 3 encounter powers in one round, too. ;)

I'm definitely thinking of picking up a fullblade once Raiyek hits level 2. Can't let Kruk have all the d12 fun! :lol:[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20(18), Fort:15, Reflex:16(14), Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:20/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Raiyek cuts down the drunk man before skewering Brynden on his glowing sword. The barkeep pulls himself free of Raiyek's blade and scowls.

INITIATIVE

Dead Halfling: 22
Sessadore(20/27): 17
Dimsdale: 17<<Your Turn!
Gnome (11 damage): 14
H4: 14
Dawn Raven(19/24): 12
JNC: 15/30: 15(DELAY)
I4: 10
I6: 10
Brynden (21 damage): 8
D2: 7
C5: 5
E5 Rafters: 5
M10: 2

Map the first

Map the second

[sblock=OOC]Marley? Who's that? :p

Piercing Smite overwrites Divine Challenge, so the map is changed to reflect that. Purple R is Raiyek's mark. Kruk is up next.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, looks like things are shaping up nicely. My only tactical worry at the moment is Rabbit in the rafters. Hopefully he'll be able to take out the halfling without getting taken out himself, though it looks like he could use a little healing ... and how are we going to get him down? I don't think we thought about that part :-S

Oh, and would our soon-to-be new addition be Ashurn? Just wondering, since he bowed out of the tavern ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads