Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Right, of course. Somehow I totally forgot about that. Probably has to do with my real life game - one of my players has a halfling fighter who thinks he's a dwarf, and I constantly have to remind myself that, yes, he isn't a dwarf. To make matters worse, there's also a real dwarf in the party, who also happens to have a bit of an identity crisis ... It gets confusing at times ...

Well, Rabbit will probably be fine then, as long as you don't miss too much ;)

@Don: I think I found out who Marley is. :p Neener neener.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk attacks the gnome again.

[sblock=attack]
attack: Reaping Strike: Attack roll 1d20+7 = 19 for damage 1d12+4 = 14
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
action Points:1, Second Wind: not used

Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk's attack hits the gnome, who coughs up of blood before vanishing. The gnome appears elsewhere in the bar, crossbow drawn, aimed squarely at the dwarf in the rafters. The bolt catches Rabbit squarely in the gut (Ouch! The gnome hits Rabbit for 14 damage. That's 9 for the bolt hit, and 5 for the sneak attack. Attack bonus is normally +7, +2 for having combat advantage, -2 for being marked).

INITIATIVE

Dead Halfling: 22
Sessadore(20/27): 17
Dimsdale: 17
Gnome (25 damage, bloodied): 14
H4: 14
Dawn Raven(19/24): 12<<Your Turn!
JNC: 1/30: 15(DELAY)
I4: 10
I6: 10
Brynden (21 damage): 8
D2: 7
C5: 5
E5 Rafters: 5
M10: 2
Map the first Map the second

[sblock=OOC]Nice job, Sessadore. Now tell me why its called Echoes of O :p

Dawn Raven is up next.

Note to self; next encounter, not so many artillery / lurkers.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, that's clearly because you were in a large, hollow room when the idea for this adventure struck you. And then, because it was so brilliant, you said, "Oh!" And then, because of the room, you heard, "oh ... oh ... oh ..." Am I right, or am I right? I know I'm right. ;)

On the tactics front, it seems Raiyek and Kruk should have traded markees, so the gnome would still have gotten blasted. Oh well, I doubt he'll last much longer anyway. Note to self: Paladin = great vs. lurkers. If we fight a black dragon, she's all mine :p[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk's attack hits the gnome, who coughs up of blood before vanishing.

Kruk shouts as his axe hits the gnome again, but then is stunned as the gnome vanishes. "What!...Where did you go coward!" He looks right and left, then notices him again to his left. "I'm not done with you!"

To his right he sees the battle continue between the palidan and the bartender. He notices Raiyek's last attack and smiles, thinking to himself: Nicely done elf. You got to teach me that move when this is all over.

Kruk has a decision to make on who he attacks next: Barkeep or gnome. We'll see what the elf does next before I decide.

His eyes wanders to the gith and the warlock, marveling in their attack strategies. These goons don't have a chance against us. Power flows through his body as he prepares for his next attack.

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
With Seven-Rabbit safely (or unsafely) hidden in the rafters to take care of the halflings, Les turns her attention to Raiyek and Brynden. “I think you just called me a sissy, dear sir. Now, from where I come from we consider that an offense. Since you and your friends have been so kind to lavish your attention upon us, let me do no less than return the favor.

Les backs up several feet and then rushes forward, leaping over the bar. She easily clears it and bounces on top. Her chain flashes out over Raiyek and tears toward Brynden.

The githyanki also shouts to Seven-Rabbit while standing atop the bar. “Keep your spirit up, Dwarf! You're flying! Now show some enthusiasm and put that slinger down!”

[sblock=Actions]
So I totally tried using invisible castle to roll my athletics, attack and dmg at the same time and got like..a pile of random numbers. No idea what the hell I was getting...o_O
Move: Move back one then two forward to leap up on bar to F3 21
Standard: Warlord's Favor 14 DAMN!
Minor: Inspiring Word: The range is 5 and Seven-Rabbit is 4 squares away and one square up... aww only 2 health

[/sblock]

[sblock=StatBlock]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP: 19/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Les easily hops onto the bar as she swings her chain, but Brynden ducks as the spiked chain passes over his head. Her words of encouragement gives Seven Rabbit the strength to carry onward.

INITIATIVE

Dead Halfling: 22
Sessadore(20/27): 17
Dimsdale: 17
Gnome (25 damage, bloodied): 14
H4: 14
Dawn Raven(19/24): 12
JNC: 10/30: 15(DELAY)<<Your Turn!
I4: 10
I6: 10
Brynden (21 damage): 8
D2: 7
C5: 5
E5 Rafters: 5
M10: 2

Map the first

Map the second

[sblock=OOC]JNC is up. Remember that you've got to use your Fate of the Void this round, or else it will dissipate.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit stares in shock and rage at the crossbow bolt sticking out of his armour. For a moment the world swirls around him, and then the warlord's voice pulls him back. Taking a moment to steady himself, he stares down at the one who hurt him.

The gnome is standing not far from the body of the dead halfling. 7 Rabbit can still see sparks of arcane power orbiting the body like stars, and it is the merest mental effort to transfer the stars' focus to his living enemy. His vision becomes a tunnel again, this time with focus rather than shock. He sees straight into his enemy's face, as if it is merely an inch away. He stretches out his hand and rains down waves of eldritch doom!

[sblock="OOC"]
Slight nitpick: I'm 4 squares away and 3 squares up, which is still 4 squares total so I'm in range. Also I'm 3 squares away from the gnome, tied with Les, so I still get Prime Shot.

Minor: Second Wind for +9 hp, +2 to defenses next round
Move: Warlock's Curse on the gnome
Standard: Eldritch Blast on the gnome, spending my +1 from Fate of the Void: 18 to hit vs. Reflex, 17 damage. Hot damn!
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA) 17 (19 vs. OA), Fort:14 16, Reflex:14 16, Will:13 15 -- Speed:5
HP:17/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
As the gnome drops, Brynden takes a look around the bar. His patrons lie dead or dying, and numbers are no longer on his side. The fact that he is fighting a losing battle finally dawns on the barkeep, as he drops his axe and puts up his hands.

"All right, all right," he says, "you want Rebekkah, you need to talk to Marley. I can take him to you."

Brynden turns to the man cowering in the corner. "Tell MARLEY that we're coming to MEET him at his LOFT. Got it?" As he speaks, he winks emphatically when on the emphasized words. The drunk man looks at him incredulously. Brynden sighs, and repeats, ""Tell MARLEY (wink)that we're coming to MEET
(wink) him at his LOFT (wink). Do you understand (wink wink)?" The man finally nods and heads out the door. Brynden turns to the remaining halfling. "Clean this mess up by the time I get back."

He turns to face Raiyek. "Well? If yer done killin' my patrons, we can go get this thing over wtih."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases