Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Once Brynden drops his axe, Raiyek lowers his sword, and the glow in his eyes fades. He thinks about mentioning that 'talkin's fer sissies', but decides not to provoke. "I'm glad that you stopped this needless bloodshed. But there's a couple things I need to do here, first."

Once it's clear that the fighting is over, Raiyek picks up a nearby bar rag to wipe the blood off of his sword. Seeing the grime now smeared along the blade, he frowns and wipes the grime off with the hem of his cloak. More satisfied now, he sheathes the sword. Then if there are any downed patrons still alive he attempts to save them from bleeding out. (ooc: do you want Heal checks?)

Before they leave, the paladin pulls a chair from one of the tables and sits in front of the door, blocking it. "So, before we meet this Marley, I want you to tell us a little bit about him. Who is he, what does he do, and how is Rebekkah connected to him, exactly?" He's dropped the friendliness he displayed before the fight, now more intent on just getting the information out of the barkeep.
[sblock=OOC]Even though he's not being very subtle at all, Insight (1d20+8=27). In particular, he's trying to detect if Brynden intends for Marley to set up an ambush, and/or if Brynden is using some sort of a code and what it means if he is.

If we get a short rest right now, Raiyek will burn one surge. That'll bring him up to 26 hp. I think Rabbit should get Les' second Inspiring Word, so he doesn't have to spend so many surges to get back to full. I'd like to save Lay on Hands for combat.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:26/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:10/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception. [/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=ooc]It seems fairly obvious that Brynden is trying to set you up for an ambush.

Of all the patrons, only the gnome and halfling are able to be saved, should you choose to do so. The drunk rabble are dead.[/sblock]

"I met Marley a few weeks ago. He's the head of the Reckoners, one of Daunton's gangs. Reckoners mostly do bodyguard work, so I was talkin' to him to try an' get a bouncer fer my club. Met Rebekkah there, fawning over him, hangin' on his every word. Marley's a bit of a playboy, though; he's a habit of pickin' up women and leavin' 'em fer the next cute thing that catches his eye. He'll know more than I will. Now are we gonna get goin, or what?"

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk fights off the urge to finish off Brynden as the palidan talks to him to get information. He walks around the room checking the dead for items of interest. While doing this he thinks to himself. I'm not done with you Mr. Brynden. I'll get my revenge on you yet one of these days.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'll try to save the gnome and the halfling then. And I suppose the messenger is gone, unless someone wants to run over and stop him. Raiyek definitely didn't get there in time.[/sblock]
"So we're walking into an ambush set by bodyguards, led by a playboy? Great," says the elf, dripping with sarcasm. He briefly calls on his goddes mentally, Palladys protect and guide us; this just keeps getting better and better.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Rabbit climbs painfully down from the roof and makes his way towards his companions, wincing. "Are any of you skilled in the healing arts?" he asks. "This bolt is caught between my flesh and my armour. I am afraid of what it will do if I try to remove it."

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les stalks over to the barkeep and grabs a chair. She slams one boot into it and leans over her knee to glare at him. “Are you sure? I mean, are you sure you’re honest? Because I don’t like liars. And you see, if we find out you lied to us, there is nothing that can save you. I will come back here with Marley’s head on a stick. Then I’ll find you and hunt you. I will scour the flesh from your bones with my chain and use it as a garnish for your own over-sized, plump body as I roast it slowly over a spit. Of course, that will be after I drain you completely of blood to save for later. You know that wine laced with just a little bit of blood can have such an…amazing…flavor. "The gith opens her mouth and flashes a grin filled with long-needles. Her eyes widen and the skin on her face stretches to resemble some alien monster.
[sblock=OOC]
Intimidate: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1950013/]27!!![/url] that makes up for sucking in that fight haha.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Rabbit climbs painfully down from the roof and makes his way towards his companions, wincing. "Are any of you skilled in the healing arts?" he asks. "This bolt is caught between my flesh and my armour. I am afraid of what it will do if I try to remove it."

Kruk, after checking out the last of the dead, turns to 7-Rabbitt and states (with a sheepish grin on his face): "That would be me Mr. 7-Rabbitt." Walking over to 7-Rabbitt, he grabs the bolt and yanks it out before 7-Rabbitt has the chance to react. "There...do you feel better now?" Kruk walks off laughing. "Will someone heal the dwarf? I have a feeling the next encounter is going to be tougher than the first and we'll need his magic to get through it." He turns back to 7-Rabbitt and states: "I've got your back Mr. 7-Rabbitt."

Don Incognito

First Post
Les stalks over to the barkeep and grabs a chair. She slams one boot into it and leans over her knee to glare at him. “Are you sure? I mean, are you sure you’re honest? Because I don’t like liars. And you see, if we find out you lied to us, there is nothing that can save you. I will come back here with Marley’s head on a stick. Then I’ll find you and hunt you. I will scour the flesh from your bones with my chain and use it as a garnish for your own over-sized, plump body as I roast it slowly over a spit. Of course, that will be after I drain you completely of blood to save for later. You know that wine laced with just a little bit of blood can have such an…amazing…flavor. "The gith opens her mouth and flashes a grin filled with long-needles. Her eyes widen and the skin on her face stretches to resemble some alien monster.

The blood drains from the barkeep's face.

"It...it won't be a problem. I promise. I PROMISE, okay? It's just...uh...I have a nervous tick sometimes, ya know?"

Brynden winks emphatically at you several times.

"See? Its nothing. There's no need fer violence. I'm takin' ya ta Marley, then ya never see me again. Swear on the gods."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases