Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]No, they don't seem to be too bad statistically. We should be able to handle this. They're still freaky though!

Also, you're remembering that any enemies that start their turn adjacent to Rabbit take 1d6+4 cold damage, right? ;)[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
Through the dim light, Les can barely see Raiyek's form fighting. She curses at her own inability to see in the darkness, a problem that most of the others are not seeming to find a problem at all. She moves backwards through the lighted area. Raiyek was being swarmed, but the best way to fix that was to get Kruk and Ashburn's battle finished quickly. "Ash! Show us that you're worth having along! Finish off that monster and come help Raiyek."

Les then looks over to Raiyek and shouts to him. "Don't worry. We've got your back."

[sblock=OOC]
Standard: Commander's Strike; Ashburn; v F9. +3 damage.
Move: Shift back to B9
Minor: Inspiring Word on Raiyek: Surge +3
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:19/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x1
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Ash nods at Les' command and lashes out with his dagger at the bloodied apparition before him. His attack hits the creature in the back, and the thing's whole body spasms in retaliation. Its arms and neck flail wildly in a blur of movement, increasingly faster and faster. The creature is getting harder to see by the moment, until it is so blurred that it is gone (Attack hits for 5 damage against F9, which dies. Because I'm nice, I'm not going to give Ash the chance to waste his sneak attack.).

The creatures surrounding Seven Rabbit are baked in a pale white fire. They all spasm in retaliation, but one of them doesn't stop until it is a blur. Faster and faster it spasms until it is simply gone (Armor of Agathys tics for 7, 5, and 7. That five is enough to kill C5).

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25
JNC 26/30 (1) (Fate of the Void x1): 19<<Your turn!
F9(dead): 19
Pierce: 18
Dimsdale 21/31: 18
B5 (marked by Raiyek): 18
C7 (dead): 17
Sessadore 21/27: 16
A8 (challenged by Raiyek, scream used, 7 damage): 12
D5: 12
C6 (scream used, 7 damage): 8

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Armor of Agathys]
Armor of Agathys is supposed to cause damage to enemies that are next to me at the beginning of their own turn, not at the beginning of my turn. Are you going to be doing it on my turn in the future, or was it just this once to make up for missing it on their turns?
[/sblock]

As the creature vanishes, 7 Rabbit turns to stare into the darkness. One of the others glimmers dimly, but the darkness defeats even his Dwarven sight. He reaches into his belt, pulls out a sun rod and holds it high. Immediately the underside of the bridge is flooded with harsh, unnatural light, and sharp black shadows.

The creature in front of Rabbit recoils from the light as he thrusts the sunrod in its face and shouts an arcane word of power. A wave of force slams out from his outstretched hand towards it, and it twists frantically out of the way.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Pull out a sunrod
Minor: Warlock's Curse on C6
Standard: Eldritch Blast on C6 14 to hit, 18 damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:26/30 + 1 thp, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:7/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
Seeing as these abominations can still be slain, Ashurn becomes braver and dashes to help out the rest of the guys. [OOC: Moves to B8]

As he runs towards the unnatural simulacrum, using the momentum of the dash, Ashurn plunges his dagger into the thing's chest.

[sblock=Sly Flourish]
Roll Lookup.
30 vs AC. (20+10, crit I believe?)
Sly Flourish damage 1+8 (if maximized should be 4+8)
Sneak Attack *Removed*
For a total of 9 (or 12 if maximized on crit) *edited to removed Sneak Attack*
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]To get sneak attack damage, you need to be flanking a target. Which means somebody's gotta be on the other side of the target you're hitting. No sneak attack on A8. You could SA C6 from C7 or D5 from E5. You're not flanking A8 from B8. I think. I'm a little hazy on the flanking rules.[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC]To get sneak attack damage, you need to be flanking a target. Which means somebody's gotta be on the other side of the target you're hitting. No sneak attack on A8. You could SA C6 from C7 or D5 from E5. You're not flanking A8 from B8. I think. I'm a little hazy on the flanking rules.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Ah I see, its fine then. :) I still get to crit against A8, right? And I've edited my above post against A8 too.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
As Rabbit points the sunrod at the thing, it hisses and lunges toward him with its claws. However, it lunges too late, and a before it can get to Rabbit the full force of his magic blasts a gaping hole in what would have been Rebekkah's stomach. The thing spasms wildly, and soon is gone. (That actually provoked an AoO but it misses. The rest is fluff. C6 is SO dead).

Ash scores a savage hit agains the Rebekkah thing, rendering the creature bloodied (blurried?).

Kruk is up.

Map

INITIATIVE
Dawn Raven 19/24: 25
JNC 26/30 (1) (Fate of the Void x1): 19
F9 (dead): 19
Pierce: 18
Dimsdale 21/31: 18<<Your turn!
B5 (marked by Raiyek): 18
C7 (dead): 17
Sessadore 21/27: 16
A8 (challenged by Raiyek, scream used, 19 damage, bloodied): 12
D5: 12
C6 (dead): 8

[sblock=OOC]I didn't change the map colors, but all the penalties are gone due to the sunrod.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Aww ... C6 was the 'original' Rebekkah, wasn't it? I was planning to see if we could just knock it out :( Oh well, I guess that's the way the dice roll. And hey, if it just blurry-dissolved like the others, my guesses were probably wrong anyway.

Well, we seem to be pretty well out of the woods now. These things sure don't stand up to a beating, that's for sure! I should blow my daily and see if I can one-shot one :D

Ok, last thing. I've been thinking about what I want to do with Raiyek as he levels up ... I was thinking of grabbing a fullblade from AV, but then I noticed that the greatspear is +3 prof too. I definitely want a +3 prof weapon, mostly because I gimped myself a little in the stat department, but I can't decide between the two now. Breaks down to [d12+high crit; heavy blade] vs. [d10+reach; polearm, spear]. What do the rest of you think? (Since, y'know, it'll probably affect you too.) Fullblade, greatspear, or stick with sword & board? Or something else I haven't considered? ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases