Adventure: Echoes of O

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek's guarded skepticism turns to interest as he listens. He finds himself sympathizing with Rebekkah - after all, some would say he did the same as she, and twice over - but he is relieved to hear that Borius ultimately let the girl go her own way, and that he arranged to see her regularly. He's also more than a little relieved that this isn't just another heartless bounty hunt.

"Very well, Mr. Gand, I would be pleased to lend you my services. Would you happen to know where she was living, or any of her friends? Even somewhere she frequented ... did she visit you for those lunches, or did you meet in some public establishment?"
[sblock=OOC]Insight (1d20+8=15) to make sure he's genuine (pretty sure he is), and to see if he's keeping any important details from us.

Diplomacy (1d20+9=19) just to sweeten him up. ;)

Also, I notice none of us is trained in Streetwise ... might make this first part interesting ...[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk listens intently and observes the banter back-and-forth between Mr. Gand, Vlastos and Raiyek. Yet his mind keeps wandering back to the hafling. He thinks to himself: I'm going to get that thief when I get back...I'll give him a taste of my axe...Kruk!...listen to what the guy is say'n. Kruk takes a deep breath and refocuses on the conversation...Gonna get'ya hafling....

Dawn Raven

First Post
The gith is used to people staring, at least in Daunton, but not in the manner Borius was. It both irked her and surprised her. Of course, she had no plans to let him anywhere near her alone. When Raiyek moves into his view, she gives a quiet laugh and shakes her head. At least she seemed to have a paladin protector on hand. Not that she couldn't take care of herself, though. She did grow up in The Nest on the Laughing Gallows. She sits there holding the small bottle of brandy and takes a small sip. The surge of energy combined with the comment on its price causes her to nearly pocket it, but she thinks better of it. It would not do, afterall, to lose this job. She listens intently to what Borius has to say and contemplates his words.

Finding the girl was not likely to be easy and she had few contacts in the city. However, a few inquiries among the artistic types in the lower quarters was likely to yield something. She nods her head and wonders if she has anything to add to the conversation. The price seemed reasonable, if the job was easy. However, if something more nefarious had occurred here than it would warrant a higher pay, at least she thought so. But then again, and she grins at this thought, she was known to be greedy for gold when a goal is in sight.

Additionally, on top of Raiyek's questions, Do you have any enemies that might kidnap her? Does she have a gallery or a specific street corner she was making use of to sell her art? Did you have anyone keeping an eye on her? You seem to have the means and the....predilection, if I may say so.

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm not even gonna bother dignifying Vlastos' roll.[/sblock]

"Very well, Mr. Gand, I would be pleased to lend you my services. Would you happen to know where she was living, or any of her friends? Even somewhere she frequented ... did she visit you for those lunches, or did you meet in some public establishment?"[sblock=OOC]Insight (1d20+8=15) to make sure he's genuine (pretty sure he is), and to see if he's keeping any important details from us.

Diplomacy (1d20+9=19) just to sweeten him up. ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=Raiyek]The eladrin seems genuine in his concern, and isn't showing any obvious tells that would betray him as a liar.[/sblock]

"She was very secretive, and didn't want me knowing where she lived or who her acquaintances were. I think she was afraid that I would show up unexpectedly and shower her with lavish gifts, which would ruin her reputation as a starving artist. As for the lunch, we met once a week at a fine little cafe called 'Stefan's'. I'd suggest you start looking there."

<Borius gives you a rough idea of where the cafe is. It resides near the border to Daunton's northern slums>

Additionally, on top of Raiyek's questions, Do you have any enemies that might kidnap her? Does she have a gallery or a specific street corner she was making use of to sell her art? Did you have anyone keeping an eye on her? You seem to have the means and the....predilection, if I may say so.

"Rebekkah was a sharp girl. I wouldn't know who to hire to follow her without drawing obvious attention to themselves, and if I did, she would have most likely found out and ceased our weekly meetings. She kept me in the dark about all of her activities; who her friends were, where she lived, etc. I mostly set up the meeting so that I could make sure that at least once a week she was getting a hot meal. It was never my intention to use our little get-togethers to pry into her private life. As for enemies...I can't say that I know of anyone who would want to hurt me, and assuming they DID want to get to me, there are much better ways of doing it. Understand, my relationship with Rebekkah is not something I advertise to my friends and family. Meeting in a dirty little restaurant once a week to have lunch with a commoner isn't something I'm especially PROUD of. If someone was trying to get to me, there certainly are better ways to go about doing it."

The carriage slows to a stop, and Maitre'd opens the cabin door. Outside is a rather lavish mansion in Daunton's noble district.

"It seems we've arriaved at my place of residance. Please, if you have any more questions, don't be afraid to drop by."

With that, Borius and Maitre'd usher you out of the carriage and continue past the gate to the mansion. It seems that the eladrin has, to use a merchant's term, "already assumed the sale".

[sblock=OOC]ready to move on when you are[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit looks down at his gaudy orange armour. "If we are to be making discrete inquiries, I should find some more discrete clothing." He shrugs. "As a stranger to the city, I fear I have few suggestions of where to look. I know several rituals that would be of use in finding lost people, but alas, my magic has not worked since I left the Valley of Bone."

7 Rabbit

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Heh, right now doesn't seem to be a good time to be in a party that has no one trained in Streetwise. ;) But at least we've got some good Diplomacy and Insight to help us muddle through.

@Joe: so what are you thinking for Rabbit to make him look more local?[/sblock]
"Well, I guess we'd better be off, then. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this city, either, but surely one of us is? And some ..." Raiyek searches for the right word, "less conspicuous clothing would probably be a good idea," he agrees with Rabbit.

"Does anyone else need to stop somewhere before we start our search? I think we should start with the cafe (What is a cafe? I haven't heard of them before.) - if Rebekkah was a regular there the staff might know her."

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Maybe I should buy some armour in the local style, but I have looked for it before, and I have a hard time finding anything to fit me - I am large for a Dwarf, but too small for a human. If we can stop by a tailor, perhaps I can purchase a large robe. Fortunately I left my ceremonial mask in my room at the inn."

Rabbit thinks for a moment. "I did spend some time wandering the streets after I arrived, absorbing the local colour, and I looked at some art being sold on street corners. Maybe I saw some of her work."

OOC: What the hell, let's try
Streetwise despite my low score. 15

Vlastos

First Post
The Rabbit is the most artsy dressed of all us, paladin, says the wizard. Since that's where we're going, it may be an advantage. I've never been to this Stephan's joint, personally, but I spent some time living in dogville myself as a scribe for a slumlord. People down there really don't care which way the pressure lies. If Rabbit doesn't care, neither will they. Just play it crazy dwarf, the act will go well with the Gith (no offense, I hope) - I think then we'll be unstoppable, and we'll just kill anything else, or least that's my view. You probably have a soft spot for the suffering masses. I really don't though I'm not out to destroy anyone who doesn't deserve it. Hard times, I'd probably still be stuck in that hell hole if I hadn't bumped into Kruk, but that's a story for a tavern.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
"Aye spell caster...you and me both...I remember that night as if it were yesterday." Kruk states as he stares off into space thinking of that encounter with Vlastos. Snapping back to reality, Kruk turns to Raiyek, Les, Vlastos, and 7-Rabbitt and states: " I...uh...stick out like a sore thumb. If you want me to stand back and keep a look out as the four of you use your charm and wit to gather information, that's fine with me."

Last edited:

Remove ads