Adventure: Echoes of O - Page 4





+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 642
  1. #31
    The githyanki shrugs and follows the rest. "To this restaurant it is, then."
    OOC

    I'm afraid my skills won't be useful at all here. I can intimidate well though hah.


    Les Ghentel stat block
    Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
    Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
    AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
    HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
    Initiative +5
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2

    [/quote]

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    "You make a good point, Vlastos. Maybe we don't have anything to worry about - by Palladys, Rabbit isn't the strangest sight I've seen in this city." Yes, a crazy orc cultist and his fanatical followers is definitely stranger than Rabbit's colourful dress, he thinks.

    Raiyek glances around to get his bearings once again. "Alright, to the cafe. I think ... I think the area Borius mentioned is this way ..."
    OOC
    Streetwise to navigate to Stefans (1d20+2=14), if it's necessary. Or maybe one of our more Dauntonian members can keep Raiyek from wandering in the wrong direction
    Raiyek
    Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
    Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
    AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
    HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
    Resist 5 poison
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers-Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
    Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
    Paladin's Judgment
    Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
    Last edited by Lord Sessadore; Monday, 9th February, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #33
    OOC - Iggs if I did too much, here, I can edit the post...


    Vlastos along with the others follow Raiyek into the arts district. He has his hands in his pockets protectively as he walks, gaurding both his pouches and orb. As the group enters more deeply into the winding streets, crowded with tiny stalls and storefronts, his minds returns to the cramped quarters of his young adulthood and years of indentured service (if you could call it that) as a scribe. Up ahead a half-elf painter in her middle age has spread some of her best canvasses out on a tired burgandy carpet between a pungent sausage vendor and a glass blower's shop. As the group passes this makeshift outdoor studio, the wizard notices the painter's money cup to contain but coppers and a couple silvers.

    Just like old times,...
    We'll have no trouble finding Stephans, he thinks to himself as he stops at her stall, a little coin should jar someone's memory.

    Excuse me, madame, the wizard greets the painter. That pocket sized one of the gypsy troll sorceror in traditional chartruce on the left has caught my eye. Will 3 silvers cover it?

    Excellent, you really have a way with multi part harmonics: the evil, the dance, and of course the color symbolism for the sacred pear, he says in mock seriousness as she passes him the painting for the coins.

    Blushing, the greying half elf looks down for a moment and then quickly up again, you're too kind of a critic, she says with a thick elvish accent and mirthful smirk - Sacred pear my foot! And you gave me 7 silvers, young man.

    Yes, and please keep them for a day's labor well earned, milady, but there is one more thing perhaps you can help me with. I was wondering if you wouldn't happen to know of the artist, Rebekkah, or where the cafe Stephan might be located?

    Streetwise (DC15 -2 (regards Stephan loc) - bribe bonus?) -> 1d20+2= 18
    Last edited by Vlastos; Wednesday, 11th February, 2009 at 08:11 AM.

  • #34
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Don Incognito's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    402

    Ignore Don Incognito
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNotCharles View Post
    OOC: What the hell, let's try Streetwise despite my low score. 15
    7 Rabbit
    During your short stay in Daunton, you've seen no fewer than sixty different men and women trying to make their living on the streets, selling everything from art and jewelry to good luck charms and clothing. Without more information to go on, you have no leads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    Raiyek glances around to get his bearings once again. "Alright, to the cafe. I think ... I think the area Borius mentioned is this way ..."
    OOC
    Streetwise to navigate to Stefans (1d20+2=14), if it's necessary. Or maybe one of our more Dauntonian members can keep Raiyek from wandering in the wrong direction
    Raiyek leads the party to Stefan's, a small outdoor cafe bordering Daunton's slums. A female halfling approaches the party.

    "Welcome to Stefan's. How many in your party this fine morning?", she asks with a smile.

    While the party is being greeted by the hostess, Vlastos busies himself with a nearby painter, who giggles at him.

    "Stefan's is across the street" she says with a smile. "As for Rebekkah, I've heard the name before, and I think she was a rather frequent customer across the way. But as to where she lived? It's going to cost you a bit more than seven silver."

    The half-elf cocks an eyebrow as she waits for a response.
    Last edited by Don Incognito; Monday, 9th February, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

  • #35
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    Raiyek immediately sweeps into a low bow before the hostess. "My apologies, milady, but I'm afraid we can't stay today." The paladin sees a loaf of fresh bread and his face falls in sincere disappointment that they can't stop. "Perhaps we can return soon, but unfortunately we need to make haste at the moment. We need to find an artist named Rebekkah, and she may be in some trouble."

    Raiyek opens his arms, palms up, to emphasize the urgency of the situation. "We understand that she was a regular of this fine establishment, and she often dined with a prominent merchant of the city - Borius Gand, if you know of him. If milady knows anything, anything at all, that could help us find her, we would be forever in your debt." His words flow like honey, imparting a sense that Rebekkah is in danger and that helping this utterly trustworthy elf and his companions is the only way to avert it. He clasps his hands in front of his chest, his face a visage of urgency.
    Diplomacy
    Diplomacy with hostess (1d20+9=22). Haha, it's nice to be smooooth
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post

    "Stefan's is across the street" she says with a smile. "As for Rebekkah, I've heard the name before, and I think she was a rather frequent customer across the way. But as to where she lived? It's going to cost you a bit more than seven silver."

    The half-elf cocks an eyebrow as she waits for a response.
    Hmm, Stephan's, yes, I see the little sign off the doorway there, now, says the wizard, raising his own eyebrow in turn. He then pulls out of his pocket a worn, full pouch from which he skims a handful of glittering coins, which he presents selectively and one at a time to the half-elf art lady:

    This is a day's wage on a fine day and is for info concerning Rebekkah's location, he says pressing a gold piece into her outstretched palm.

    This is another day's wage for anything you can tell me about her or people who might know her or be after her, he says as he gives her another gold coin.

    And these last two are for that other pocket piece, you see it there, the organismic behind you down and half hidden to the right. Yes, the one of the azure displacer beast pack lord, rearing its savage tentacles with their erect thorny pads as it's about to mount the leather harnissed priestess, a writhing gnome - yes, that's the one, he says as he gives her a third and fourth gold coin. (OOC: Vallejo or Frazetta)

    Oi, that's my favorite piece, she nods as she hands it to him.

    Your Peresefa commerative is really quite good, he adds with a smile, this time a sincere one even if he paid a few silvers too much for the little gem.

    Now what about the girl?
    Last edited by Vlastos; Wednesday, 11th February, 2009 at 08:13 AM.

  • #37
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Don Incognito's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    402

    Ignore Don Incognito
    "Well, you didn't hear it from me," says the half-elf with a wink, "but if it's information you want, I'd say that your best bet would be Brynden. He runs a small bar near here, calls it The Harlot's Nipple. He makes it a point to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong."

    ---

    The halfling woman blushes, putty in the charming paladin's hands.

    "Would that I could help you fine young folks, but I just started working here a week ago. I've never heard of 'Rebekkah'".

  • #38
    Hmm, The Harlot's Nipple, I was afraid it might come down to something like that; sleeze, thinks the wizard to himself.

    Thank you and good painting to you, and oh uh I wasn't here if you take my meaning, Vlastos says to the artist lady as he crosses the street to join the others at Stephan's - no need to slip more coin, she's been paid enough.

    Hey, everyone, great news, the wizard exclaims as he arrives! Guess what? I picked up two real nice pocket renderings, and one is of the Rape of Peresefa. They'll look great in my apartment, he says excitedly! Here, check them out, he adds, forcing them onto Kruk and Les.

    Oh yeah, he remembers after a short while, I've got a lead, ....

    ... and then in his best burlesque of a middle aged half elf woman, Vlastos conveys what the artist lady said:
    "Well, you didn't hear it from me," he does an oversized half wink here, "but if it's information you want, I'd say that your best bet would be Brynden. He runs a small bar near here, calls it The Harlot's Nipple. He makes it a point to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong."

    We should go down and talk to this Bryden, thinks the wizard outloud and returned to normal voice. Someone might have to play the heavy or at least be ready to.
    Last edited by Vlastos; Monday, 9th February, 2009 at 11:55 PM.

  • #39
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Kruk gags at the sight of the horrid thing Vlastos shows him.
    "Get that thing out of my face Vlastos!"


    Quote Originally Posted by Vlastos View Post
    Hmm, The Harlot's Nipple, I was afraid it might come down to something like that; sleeze, thinks the wizard to himself.


    We should go down and talk to this Bryden, thinks the wizard outloud and returned to normal voice. Someone might have to play the heavy or at least be ready to.
    Kruk states: "I think I can help in this area" kruk states as he hits the hilt of his axe with his hand.

  • #40
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post
    The halfling woman blushes, putty in the charming paladin's hands.

    "Would that I could help you fine young folks, but I just started working here a week ago. I've never heard of 'Rebekkah'".
    "Well, my thanks regardless. Is there anyone else here who might have heard of her? She was last heard from about six weeks ago, so perhaps one of the senior employees or the owner?"

    As Raiyek is conversing with the hostess, Vlastos returns with his 'prizes'. The paladin raises an eyebrow at the ugly pieces, especially the drow & displacer beast. What horrid taste ... then again, he is a wizard. When the hostess leaves (whether because she can't be of any more help or to get someone she thinks could help), Raiyek listens to the wizard's lead. "That would probably be a good place to check. I could play the voice of reason to whoever plays heavy, if needed." (ooc: good cop, bad cop )
    Last edited by Lord Sessadore; Tuesday, 10th February, 2009 at 01:52 AM.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Feat: Echoes of Thunder
      By Baumi in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Monday, 23rd November, 2009, 03:17 PM
    2. Echoes of Thunder
      By kerbarian in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th April, 2009, 07:26 PM
    3. Echoes of Empire IC
      By Kamard in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 169
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd February, 2003, 07:07 AM
    4. Echoes of Empire OOC
      By Kamard in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 113
      Last Post: Monday, 13th January, 2003, 01:20 PM
    5. Are there gamers in Valdosta?!?! (Echoes)
      By Salcor in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 11th August, 2002, 05:19 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •