Adventure: Echoes of O

Dawn Raven

First Post
http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php?title=L4W:PC:7_Rabbit_(JoeNotCharles)The githyanki shrugs and follows the rest. "To this restaurant it is, then."
[sblock=OOC]
I'm afraid my skills won't be useful at all here. I can intimidate well though hah.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Les Ghentel stat block]Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2

[/sblock][/quote]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"You make a good point, Vlastos. Maybe we don't have anything to worry about - by Palladys, Rabbit isn't the strangest sight I've seen in this city." Yes, a crazy orc cultist and his fanatical followers is definitely stranger than Rabbit's colourful dress, he thinks.

Raiyek glances around to get his bearings once again. "Alright, to the cafe. I think ... I think the area Borius mentioned is this way ..."
[sblock=OOC]Streetwise to navigate to Stefans (1d20+2=14), if it's necessary. Or maybe one of our more Dauntonian members can keep Raiyek from wandering in the wrong direction ;)[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:11/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers-Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Vlastos

First Post
OOC - Iggs if I did too much, here, I can edit the post...

Vlastos along with the others follow Raiyek into the arts district. He has his hands in his pockets protectively as he walks, gaurding both his pouches and orb. As the group enters more deeply into the winding streets, crowded with tiny stalls and storefronts, his minds returns to the cramped quarters of his young adulthood and years of indentured service (if you could call it that) as a scribe. Up ahead a half-elf painter in her middle age has spread some of her best canvasses out on a tired burgandy carpet between a pungent sausage vendor and a glass blower's shop. As the group passes this makeshift outdoor studio, the wizard notices the painter's money cup to contain but coppers and a couple silvers.

Just like old times,...
We'll have no trouble finding Stephans, he thinks to himself as he stops at her stall, a little coin should jar someone's memory.

Excuse me, madame, the wizard greets the painter. That pocket sized one of the gypsy troll sorceror in traditional chartruce on the left has caught my eye. Will 3 silvers cover it?

Excellent, you really have a way with multi part harmonics: the evil, the dance, and of course the color symbolism for the sacred pear, he says in mock seriousness as she passes him the painting for the coins.

Blushing, the greying half elf looks down for a moment and then quickly up again, you're too kind of a critic, she says with a thick elvish accent and mirthful smirk - Sacred pear my foot! And you gave me 7 silvers, young man.

Yes, and please keep them for a day's labor well earned, milady, but there is one more thing perhaps you can help me with. I was wondering if you wouldn't happen to know of the artist, Rebekkah, or where the cafe Stephan might be located?

Streetwise (DC15 -2 (regards Stephan loc) - bribe bonus?) -> 1d20+2= 18

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
OOC: What the hell, let's try Streetwise despite my low score. 15
[sblock=7 Rabbit]During your short stay in Daunton, you've seen no fewer than sixty different men and women trying to make their living on the streets, selling everything from art and jewelry to good luck charms and clothing. Without more information to go on, you have no leads.[/sblock]
Raiyek glances around to get his bearings once again. "Alright, to the cafe. I think ... I think the area Borius mentioned is this way ..."
[sblock=OOC]Streetwise to navigate to Stefans (1d20+2=14), if it's necessary. Or maybe one of our more Dauntonian members can keep Raiyek from wandering in the wrong direction ;)[/sblock]
Raiyek leads the party to Stefan's, a small outdoor cafe bordering Daunton's slums. A female halfling approaches the party.

"Welcome to Stefan's. How many in your party this fine morning?", she asks with a smile.

While the party is being greeted by the hostess, Vlastos busies himself with a nearby painter, who giggles at him.

"Stefan's is across the street" she says with a smile. "As for Rebekkah, I've heard the name before, and I think she was a rather frequent customer across the way. But as to where she lived? It's going to cost you a bit more than seven silver."

The half-elf cocks an eyebrow as she waits for a response.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek immediately sweeps into a low bow before the hostess. "My apologies, milady, but I'm afraid we can't stay today." The paladin sees a loaf of fresh bread and his face falls in sincere disappointment that they can't stop. "Perhaps we can return soon, but unfortunately we need to make haste at the moment. We need to find an artist named Rebekkah, and she may be in some trouble."

Raiyek opens his arms, palms up, to emphasize the urgency of the situation. "We understand that she was a regular of this fine establishment, and she often dined with a prominent merchant of the city - Borius Gand, if you know of him. If milady knows anything, anything at all, that could help us find her, we would be forever in your debt." His words flow like honey, imparting a sense that Rebekkah is in danger and that helping this utterly trustworthy elf and his companions is the only way to avert it. He clasps his hands in front of his chest, his face a visage of urgency.
[sblock=Diplomacy]Diplomacy with hostess (1d20+9=22). Haha, it's nice to be smooooth ;)[/sblock]

Vlastos

First Post
"Stefan's is across the street" she says with a smile. "As for Rebekkah, I've heard the name before, and I think she was a rather frequent customer across the way. But as to where she lived? It's going to cost you a bit more than seven silver."

The half-elf cocks an eyebrow as she waits for a response.

Hmm, Stephan's, yes, I see the little sign off the doorway there, now, says the wizard, raising his own eyebrow in turn. He then pulls out of his pocket a worn, full pouch from which he skims a handful of glittering coins, which he presents selectively and one at a time to the half-elf art lady:

This is a day's wage on a fine day and is for info concerning Rebekkah's location, he says pressing a gold piece into her outstretched palm.

This is another day's wage for anything you can tell me about her or people who might know her or be after her, he says as he gives her another gold coin.

And these last two are for that other pocket piece, you see it there, the organismic behind you down and half hidden to the right. Yes, the one of the azure displacer beast pack lord, rearing its savage tentacles with their erect thorny pads as it's about to mount the leather harnissed priestess, a writhing gnome - yes, that's the one, he says as he gives her a third and fourth gold coin. (OOC: Vallejo or Frazetta)

Oi, that's my favorite piece, she nods as she hands it to him.

Your Peresefa commerative is really quite good, he adds with a smile, this time a sincere one even if he paid a few silvers too much for the little gem.

Now what about the girl?

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
"Well, you didn't hear it from me," says the half-elf with a wink, "but if it's information you want, I'd say that your best bet would be Brynden. He runs a small bar near here, calls it The Harlot's Nipple. He makes it a point to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong."

---

The halfling woman blushes, putty in the charming paladin's hands.

"Would that I could help you fine young folks, but I just started working here a week ago. I've never heard of 'Rebekkah'".

Vlastos

First Post
Hmm, The Harlot's Nipple, I was afraid it might come down to something like that; sleeze, thinks the wizard to himself.

Thank you and good painting to you, and oh uh I wasn't here if you take my meaning, Vlastos says to the artist lady as he crosses the street to join the others at Stephan's - no need to slip more coin, she's been paid enough.

Hey, everyone, great news, the wizard exclaims as he arrives! Guess what? I picked up two real nice pocket renderings, and one is of the Rape of Peresefa. They'll look great in my apartment, he says excitedly! Here, check them out, he adds, forcing them onto Kruk and Les.

Oh yeah, he remembers after a short while, I've got a lead, ....

... and then in his best burlesque of a middle aged half elf woman, Vlastos conveys what the artist lady said:
"Well, you didn't hear it from me," he does an oversized half wink here, "but if it's information you want, I'd say that your best bet would be Brynden. He runs a small bar near here, calls it The Harlot's Nipple. He makes it a point to stick his nose in where it doesn't belong."

We should go down and talk to this Bryden, thinks the wizard outloud and returned to normal voice. Someone might have to play the heavy or at least be ready to.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk gags at the sight of the horrid thing Vlastos shows him.
"Get that thing out of my face Vlastos!"

Hmm, The Harlot's Nipple, I was afraid it might come down to something like that; sleeze, thinks the wizard to himself.

We should go down and talk to this Bryden, thinks the wizard outloud and returned to normal voice. Someone might have to play the heavy or at least be ready to.

Kruk states: "I think I can help in this area" kruk states as he hits the hilt of his axe with his hand.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The halfling woman blushes, putty in the charming paladin's hands.

"Would that I could help you fine young folks, but I just started working here a week ago. I've never heard of 'Rebekkah'".
"Well, my thanks regardless. Is there anyone else here who might have heard of her? She was last heard from about six weeks ago, so perhaps one of the senior employees or the owner?"

As Raiyek is conversing with the hostess, Vlastos returns with his 'prizes'. The paladin raises an eyebrow at the ugly pieces, especially the drow & displacer beast. What horrid taste ... then again, he is a wizard. When the hostess leaves (whether because she can't be of any more help or to get someone she thinks could help), Raiyek listens to the wizard's lead. "That would probably be a good place to check. I could play the voice of reason to whoever plays heavy, if needed." (ooc: good cop, bad cop ;))

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases