Adventure: Echoes of O

Don Incognito

First Post
At Les' command, Raiyek's blade strikes true as Kruk viciously swings his axe. The first attack is a miss, but Kruk digs within himself and tries again, this time scoring a brutal hit across the its chest. The Echo spasms wildly, and when it stops, its form is blurried. But something is wrong. It seems happy to be in the condition it is in (Raiyek and Kruk hit, and the Echo of Marley is officially bloodied, which triggers Echoing Recovery, which, well, you'll see).

7 Rabbit has luck as well, as the creature decides not to interrupt his casting. The eldritch attack catches the thing in the gut (EoM chooses not to take an AoO, the attack hits). The swirling cold surrounding the dwarf continues to chill the apparition.

For the first time, the Echo of Marley opens its mouth and makes noise. It is a dull creaking, something approaching laughter. And then he is gone, burst into a million black motes of shadow once more, which harry the heroes, particularly Raiyek, who finds himself being swarmed by the things (Echoing Recovery recharged everyone's favorite move, Shadow Eversion! And since you all decided that it would be a good idea to clump together, he shifts from C6 to D6, C7, B7, C7 (again), and finally D8. This means that Raiyek gets hit twice. And there's no save, so you all take damage. Kruk takes 6, Les takes 7, Raiyek takes 11 (6+5), and 7 Rabbit takes 8. You all are blinded. Again.)

The motes reform, and the Echo lashes its claws out at Raiyek in a blur of motion. Raiyek's armor is able to stop some of the attacks, but the Echo's will is strong, and its bone-white hands are able to punch through armor, flesh, and bone. From across the room, Ash watches the scene in horror; Raiyek, darkness clouding his vision, is unable to look down and see the hand protruding from his chest. The Echo removes the hand in one, grim motion, and Raiyek coughs up several handfuls of blood (Ouch. Echo Slice attacks twice, the first time missing, the second time critting for 10 damage. Raiyek is at 4).

Map

INITIATIVE
Sessadore(4/27, Blinded: 24<<Your Turn!
Pierce(18/24): 23
Dawn Raven(11/24, bloodied, blinded): 22
Dimsdale(15/31, bloodied, blinded): 19
JNC(29/30(5), blinded): 19
Echo of Marley(Cursed, 147 damage): 17

[sblock=OOC]I'm SO fighting the urge to call you numbnuts right now. You have NO IDEA.[/sblock]

EDIT: Duly noted. You still get impaled, though.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Wait ... didn't I only take 21 damage there? Assuming I didn't miss some damage, I'm still at +4 hp.

I was at 7 at the beginning of my last turn, 2nd wind healed 6 (so I was at 13), then Les used Inspiring Word to heal me another surge+6 (putting me up to 25). Then he shifts through me twice for 6+5=11 damage, then crits with one claw for another 10. Please correct me if I've missed something ...

The numbnuts comment would probably be deserved ... I was really, really hoping that he wouldn't get to use Shadow Eversion again :([/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"We got him Raiyek!," Kruk states as he finishes his attack. But then he sees the smirk again, "What the...." WHAM! Kruk sees the explosion of light again.

"Aggghhhhh...Marley has blinded me again! What about everyone else! Last I saw the fiend was heading towards Raiyek. Is he ok? By Cragg's red beard, how much more pounding can this thing take! I thought we had him on our last attack. Can anyone get a bearing of where he is?

[sblock=OOC]

lol...I feel like a numbnut...you got us again!

Kruk used his second wind last round to bring boost his hp up 7 points to 28 from 21. He took 6 points damage, so that brings him back down to 22. I'll update my stat block.

By the time we finish him off I think we'll be 3rd level...Wow!

Question: Does Kruk get a chance to save vs. blindness at +2 with the use of the second wind last round?
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]

current hp: 22
affects: blinded -5 to hit

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: (used), Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As Raiyek's eyes darken again, the fingers of his shield hand touch the edges of the gaping hole left in his chest by the Echo's claw. There is a dreamy look on his eyes ... it looks as though his life would be flashing before his eyes if he could see. His lips mouth the name of his goddess for (what he thinks is) the last time ... but then her power flows through his hand, sewing shut the worst of the damage.

Returning to reality, the elf stumbles to the side, bumping into 7 Rabbit on the way, and assuming a defensive stance against the fiend. "Kruk ... I can't see either. I think you have to take up the fight for now, my friend, he hit me hard. Strike true!"
[sblock=Actions]Whew! You had me really worried there! Marley is bloodied (or blurried) though, right?

Minor: Lay on Hands on myself, healing one surge (6hp). I am now at 10 hp, still bloodied.
Move: shift to B8.
Standard: Total defense (+2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn).

Save vs. blindness: 9. Le sigh.

Since I didn't engage EoM this turn, DC fades, and I can't use DC on my next turn. Defender duties to Kruk - hopefully he can hold out for a couple rounds! :-S[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20(22), Fort:15(17), Reflex:16(18), Will:15(17) -- Speed:6
HP:10/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:8/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (2/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Dammit, I should have remembered that move - if I'd been using Dire Radiance he'd have taken extra damage for moving towards me... Not that much more, though.

I'll be moving back next to him next turn, if that affects anybody's planning. This cold aura's useful!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Need a ruling]
Wait, I just had an evil idea, but I'm not sure if it works. If I queue up a Readied Action, and he does something to trigger it on his turn, does it still count as being "his turn" while my action resolves? Or does it count as my turn?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Adrenalin surges through Kruk's veins as hears Raiyek's words. "I will hold him down Raiyek! I'm coming for you echo of Marley! Where are you!" Kruk shifts his head back and forth trying to get an idea of where to go. "Can anyone see to guide me!"

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
"Agh! Just when I could see, it happens again! What is this thing? I swear if we find Marley I just may beat him just for letting his guard down and getting captured. Ash, give us a clue as to where he is! We're all blinded down here." Les rubs her eyes with her arm and peers around through the dim blackness, trying to make out anything around her.

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Well, he's strong alright. Think we're going to make it? :p As for pointing out where it is....think the sound of the shuriken landing is going to help? Since I'm not sure about the characters orientation (direction they're facing) to call out where Marley is.
As for the numbnuts comment, I think we all deserve it though I did have a feeling something like that would have happened. Something from the Dragonomicon's Bloodied Breath triggered that feeling...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn sees 'Marley' turns into the black mist for a second time. Rushing through the group once more, this time landing a near mortal blow to Raiyek. Its a miracle how Raiyek is still standing!

"Stay strong, Raiyek! Its to your right! Les, its to your left!", shouted Ashurn hoping to help as much as possible as he steps forward before sending another shuriken down the room, flying past Les and Kruk, barely missing them. "Hope this helps!", shouts Ash as the shuriken nears its target.

[sblock=Sly Flourish]22 vs AC. 14 damage.
Slide 'Marley' to D9 if the attack hits.[/sblock]

[sblock=To GM]Think you can RP the hit if it lands, to create some sort of sound so the gang can hear where 'Marley' is?[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move action= Move from D1 to D2.
Standard action = Sly Florish against Echo of Marley with Shuriken.
Minor action = Draws another shuriken.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Active Mini stats]
Ashurn Dhara (Ash)
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 18/24, Bloodied: 12
Amount of Surges: 6/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+2), Fortitude: 12(+2), Reflex: 17(+2), Will: 14(+2)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Expended
Shurikens: 7/10

Powers:
Sly Flourish
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Positioning Strike
[Expended]Trick Strike
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
The gith is intent on avoiding combat. She moves backwards, stumbling through broken furniture and retreats away to wait for her vision to return. Once away from the monster, she gathers her morale to keep up the battle. "Alright, this isn't over yet, we outnumber him still! Let's take him down."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Second Wind
Move: Move to B3
Minor: none
Save: 6
So funny story, I rolled this three times now. First was a 16, forgot to link/post it. Recalled that ,went and did rolled again, got a 19! ...apparently didn't post it. And now a 6, haha. Oh well, the luck is not with me.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Les Ghentel – Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Insight 10 | Passive Perception 10
AC 16 | Fort 15 | Ref 13 | Will 13
HP: 17/24 Bloodied: 12| Surges: 7/8 | AP: 1 | Second Wind: X
Effects
Combat Leader: +2 Initiative
+2 Charm Saves
Tactical Presence: Allies in sight get +1 to attacks with action points

Powers:
Commander’s Strike
Viper’s Strike