Adventure: Echoes of O

Don Incognito

First Post
The Echo of Marley swings at 7 Rabbit, attempting to disrupt his casting. The strike draws the attention of Kruk, who swings his axe in retaliation. Both attacks are too wide, and miss (Recharge rolls, since I forgot to do one last round. The OA triggers Kruk's combat superiority, but the basic attack misses. Luckily, the OA itself also misses).

Undaunted, the Echo turns its attention to Kruk, and in a blur of of claws the apparition rips through metal and sinew, tearing chunks of flesh from the stoic dwarf. Kruk drops his axe, and his eyes are milky white orbs of emptyness as he drops to the ground. (Ouch. Echo slice hits twice, hitting for a total of fifteen, leaving Kruk at a whopping zero hit points).

The Echo then across the room to Ash, and raises his hand at the rogue. The blast of screams blows him into the wall, and in a flash Marley is right next to the young man, his claws wrapped tightly around his tanned throat. Ash struggles for a moment, but he cannot break Marley's steel grip, and his vision goes dark. Marley returns next to 7 Rabbit in a blur of motion before he smiles and slinks out of the warlock's aura (Burning a second action point to use Stir of Echoes on Ash, which hits for 14. Using Stir of Echoes an odd number of times recharges Shadow Dive, which he burns to hit Ash for another 6. This puts Ash at -2. EoM then shifts to E8).

Map

Sessadore(10/27, Blinded): 24<<Your Turn!
Pierce(-2/24, 0 failed throws): 23
Dawn Raven(17/24, bloodied, blinded): 22
Dimsdale(0/31, 0 failed throws): 19
JNC(29/30(5)): 19
Echo of Marley(Cursed, 165 damage): 17

[sblock=OOC]Come on guys, you're almost there! You can do it![/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

ouch!...Marley hits like a battering ram!

Kruk should have 7 hp. He used "second wind" as a minor action to increase his hp from 15 to 22 (see page 22, post 426).

[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Man ... I'm not sure what I should do. I'd like to run across the room and use a LoH on Ash, but as I'm blind I don't think that would really work. I'll save my last LoH for an emergency ... hopefully to revive Ash, if I can get rid of this stupid blindness. Once I can see again I'll burn Paladin's Judgment, that should help on the healing front. That is, if I can ever see again :confused:[/sblock]
[sblock=DM]Did you remember the Armor of Agathys damage at the beginning of the Echo's turn? I don't see it in the summary ... I think Rabbit could put his curse damage on that as well, making it 2d6+4 damage. We can't afford to miss any damage on this bad boy ;)[/sblock]
Amidst the cries of wounded companions and torn armor, Raiyek manages to navigate his way towards Kruk. He reaches out with his arm as he calls, "Kruk! Grab my arm for a moment!" When the dwarf does, a golden glow suffuses his wounds, healing some of the damage the Echo has caused. Raiyek maintains his defensive posture, waiting to regain his sight before attempting another attack on the Echo.
[sblock=Actions]Move: to D8.
Minor: use Lay on Hands on Kruk. Raiyek burns a surge, Kruk heals his surge value (7). I believe that puts Kruk at 14 hp.
Standard: Total defense again. +2 to all my defenses until the start of my next turn. (An attack at a +1 total bonus isn't going to hit a 22 AC ;))
Save vs. blindness: 2. IC, I cannot sufficiently express my displeasure at this. Grrr :mad:[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20(22), Fort:15(17), Reflex:16(18), Will:15(17) -- Speed:6
HP:10/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:7/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Dire Radiance says, "If the target moves closer to you on his next turn, he takes additional damage." If he moves away and then back, like he did this turn, does he take the additional damage? Or is it just if he ends his turn closer to me than he started?

If it's the former, I'd like to start using Dire Radiance on him. If not, I'll keep using Eldritch Blast. Either way, my strategy'll be the same: move up next to him, flanking if possible, and attack at point-blank, ignoring OA's.

I was thinking of grappling him so he couldn't move away from my cold aura, but I don't think me strength is high enough. Maybe somebody else should do it.

My other thought is to try and throw him out the window. I can slide him 2 squares with Diabolic Grasp, so I'll need to get him closer first. If nobody else wants to help with that, eventually I'll just use Diabolic Grasp for extra damage and ignore the slide (again, move up next to him first and try to flank for max attack bonus).

I'll let whoever's NPC'ing me decide which exact power to use, but that's the basic strategy.
[/sblock]

7 Rabbit closes in on the creature again, yelling, "Somebody hold it! Grab him and hold it!

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:29/30 + 5 thp, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Dire Radiance says, "If the target moves closer to you on his next turn, he takes additional damage." If he moves away and then back, like he did this turn, does he take the additional damage? Or is it just if he ends his turn closer to me than he started?

If it's the former, I'd like to start using Dire Radiance on him. If not, I'll keep using Eldritch Blast. Either way, my strategy'll be the same: move up next to him, flanking if possible, and attack at point-blank, ignoring OA's.

I was thinking of grappling him so he couldn't move away from my cold aura, but I don't think me strength is high enough. Maybe somebody else should do it.

My other thought is to try and throw him out the window. I can slide him 2 squares with Diabolic Grasp, so I'll need to get him closer first. If nobody else wants to help with that, eventually I'll just use Diabolic Grasp for extra damage and ignore the slide (again, move up next to him first and try to flank for max attack bonus).

I'll let whoever's NPC'ing me decide which exact power to use, but that's the basic strategy.
[/sblock]

7 Rabbit closes in on the creature again, yelling, "Somebody hold it! Grab it and hold it!

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:29/30 + 5 thp, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
The downed Ashburn is of particular concern for the warlord. It wouldn't do well to have the only person who knows how to get to this Hyann's place die on them! Les runs across the room to where he is laying and immediately gets on her knees to start applying first aid. She drags a roll of bandages from her pack and applies pressure to the bloody wounds. "Come on, Ash. I don't know you very well yet, but we'd be lost in this part of town without a guide."

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Heal Check to...do something
Move: to C2
Minor: Nothing to do here.

So has Ash used his Second Wind? If not, I'd like to make a heal check to let him use it. If not, I would like to help him make a saving throw to try and get that elusive 20 to use a surge and get back into the fight. If this isn't allowed (its kind of hazy as to whether it works this way) then I will stabilize him.
Check: 19 looks like I can do any of the above actions successfully!

Oh, and almost forgot my save: Another 19!!
Lucky me.
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]

Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:17/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/8
Notes: Blinded
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x0
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tactics]
Grabbing would work well, but it does require a free hand. I think both Kruk and Raiyek may be better served by keeping their shields (or two handed weapons?) out. Throwing him out a window is a bad idea due to the fact he won't likely run away and it may prevent us from hitting him.

On my next turn, I will use my Telekinetic leap to get close, blast him with Warlord's favor to boost our remaining striker's hit % and then use an action point to hit him with bastion of defense. I really wish I could have gotten these out earlier, since they REALLY should be first-third turn moves. However, I was either blinded, or, stupidly decided not to use them.

That should help take him down and give everyone left a good chance to stay up. I may then retreat again to Ash and continue to try and help him roll saves so he can surge and get back up to fight. That is more of a third round figure it out though.

He's blasted his close power as far as we know with novaing. So I think surrounding and making use of multiple flanks might be the best current idea. Kruk is still up and he can shift over to let 7-Rabbit move in for flanking. Manuevering for flanking is best now. Once I get close again, after novaing with a AP, I'm going to keep using Viper's to try and keep him from moving around.

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk screams in pain as the echo rips into his body. As the echo finishes his attacks, Kruk looks at the wounds as blood oozes out of them. I...I am amazed that I'm still standing. He stares blankly into space until he hears the words of the palidan. He grabs his arm and the power of healing roars through his body. Strength returns and so does his will to destroy the enemy.

He moves to his right in order to flank the fiend and attacks.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to f8 to flank the echo at e8...Raiyek is now at d8
attack: spinning sweep: to hit roll: 1d20+7+2=11

kruk still marks the echo

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
current hp: 22
affects: blinded -5 to hit

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: (used), Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
I'll be travelling and unable to post from Monday to Thursday. Feel free to NPC me until then.

OOC: Is there anyone who would be willing to post for 7-Rabbitt? I have no clue how to play a warlock. I thought he said in a post that someone can do his turn. He gave a couple options.

7-Rabbitt Options said:

I'd like to keep the adventure moving if we could. It seems we've hit a bit of a snag.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Woops ... for some reason I thought he had actually posted an action with that, and that we were waiting on Don, not Rabbit.

If Don doesn't want to NPC Rabbit, I can do it for the time being. I'm on here all the time anyway ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases