Adventure: Echoes of O - Page 5


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 642
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dawn Raven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    212
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Dawn Raven
    My communities:

    Les steps back from Vlastos and covers her mouth with a hand at Kruk’s indignant reply. “That is…quite obscene. Why would someone want to hang any part of that story on their wall? To think of what happened to that poor woman’s daughter…
    The Harlot’s Nipple? Sounds like a rowdy place, and completely raunchy. It reminds me of the places where I grew up where you have to make sure you don’t step backwards into a knife on the way out. Anyway, I’m sure I’ll be right at home. Any chance we could stay for a quick drink when we get there? Actually, on second thought never mind…” Les’s eyes wander up to follow the broken shingles of a shop across the street and she muses about the weak drinks, poisoned food and devilish patrons at Notrim’s Seven Sails.
    Raiyek and Kruk’s comments get a raised eyebrow in response. “Offering violence outright is likely to lead to making enemies with people we don’t want to make enemies with. A more subtle approach would be better, although Kruk’s menacing presence is perfectly that.” Les winks at Raiyek and waits for them while looking at the baubles and decorative idols of a slightly crazed religious zealot.

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    ø Ignore dimsdale
    [quote=Dawn Raven;4660120] “Offering violence outright is likely to lead to making enemies with people we don’t want to make enemies with. A more subtle approach would be better, although Kruk’s menacing presence is perfectly that.” quote]

    Kruk listens to Les and thinks for a moment. "I never thought of it that way. I'm used to gathering information by force, but I'm beginning to understand that there are other ways to get what you want. What idea do you have in mind Les and how can I assist?


  • #43
    While the others debate, 7 Rabbit hangs back and scans the crowd, keeping an eye out for anyone that might be taking an interest in them.

    OOC

    I assume the DM will be rolling Perception and such?

  • #44
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dawn Raven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    212
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Dawn Raven
    My communities:

    Les tilts her head to the side, her eyes turning slowly to Kruk. She blinks long and slow, her expression unreadable to a dwarf. Unfortunately, with no other gith around, no one can really decipher the strange look. She doesn't speak for a moment but just looks at him. Her piercing eyes seem to look right into his soul and, after a moment, she slowly smiles to reveal those long teeth. Suddenly, her head comes upright again, and the small smile disappears behind thin lips.


    Oh, nothing for the moment, I suppose. We shall see what approach works best when we get there. I was thinking more along the lines of starting out nice and getting progressively more menacing as diplomacy fails. Raiyek seems quite adept with words. I am not nearly so...persuasive unless it involves subtle threats. I prefer gesture and poise to words when trying to be persuasive.

  • #45
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,570
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    Les once again sends a shiver down Raiyek's spine. I wonder if I'll ever get used to her eeriness... After a moment, he shakes it off and continues with the discussion.

    "Yes, that's a good point. If the place is full of cutthroats (which would not surprise me), it could likely be better to try persuasion. Especially if they're loyal to this Brynden. Though there are some sleaze that only respond to threats and force, no? In any case, I think we have both ends covered."

    Raiyek looks longingly at that fresh loaf again. After a moment, he sighs. "Now, where did that halfling go? I want to get some bread ..."
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #46
    I have a bad feeling regards Rebekkah's plight, interjects the wizard as he pockets his two pictures and after dismissing politely the beaming halfling serving girl from her attempts to refill his expresso for the 4th time.

    Raiyek, he begins in one exhale as he grips his chair with a certain wired intensity, when we arrive at the Nipple I think you're point because just having a paladin step into the Teat should cause the effect we're after and anyway mysterious Les here will also stoke the vibe of our bizarre seriousness (and play bad cop too as needed) while Kruk will punctuate it if we have to beat the hell out of the man who does have a rep for poking around where he doesn't belong though he isn't likely directly involved he'll know who is and so no mercy should be shown him if he's holding out so if things do turn ugly people will just say he finally got what's coming to him...

    ...big inhale...

    ...Exhale, The Rabbit and I for our parts can keep an eye out for flanking foes especially from the back and so let's get in and out with exactly what we came for...

    ...At least, that's my two cents, adds Vlastos, hopefully, and wide awake though breathing hard through the rapid clattering of clenched teeth.
    Last edited by Vlastos; Tuesday, 10th February, 2009 at 10:06 PM.

  • #47
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,570
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    Vlastos brings Raiyek back from his reverie about bread. The wizard's concern about Rebekkah's situation strikes a chord with Raiyek; he's beginning to get concerned as well. After all, who hires five highly skilled individuals to track down an errant charge, unless they are have reason to be very concerned about her safety?

    "I too am concerned for her safety ... anything can happen to a lone girl on the streets, no matter how skilled they might be at getting by. But your plan sounds like a good one, I'm glad to take point at ... that tavern ..." He seems very reluctant to refer to the establishment by its name, and even blushes a shade. "As for people thinking that Brynden got what was coming to him - that's fine for after the fact, but he's survived this long distributing people's secrets, he's bound to have some muscle to keep him alive. If the whole tavern is full of his thugs, violence may be a very bad idea. Then again, maybe not. We'll just have to stay flexible."
    OOC
    I just want to wait until we know whether or not the halfling can help us out any more ... and then Raiyek wants some bread
    Last edited by Lord Sessadore; Tuesday, 10th February, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #48
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Don Incognito's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    402
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Don Incognito
    My communities:

    OOC
    It would be easier to point out who WASN'T staring at you, 7 Rabbit. You look like an armored parrot.


    The halfling has already moved out to help out some of her other customers.

  • #49
    "It would be easier to point out who WASN'T staring at you, 7 Rabbit. You look like an armored parrot"

    OOC: LOL - kick some ass, Rabbit!!!

    Then it's settled, eh, says Vlastos. Just remember and it goes for any us regards dogtown - no deference; Les is right about the knife as Kruk will attest, you can't show fear if you want to go down there.
    Last edited by Vlastos; Wednesday, 11th February, 2009 at 02:36 AM.

  • #50
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,570
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post
    The halfling has already moved out to help out some of her other customers.
    OOC: Alrighty then, the halfling's useless. Moving on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlastos View Post
    It would be easier to point out who WASN'T staring at you, 7 Rabbit. You look like an armored parrot

    OOC: LOL - kick some ass, Rabbit!!!

    Then it's settled, eh, says Vlastos. Just remember and it goes for any us regards dogtown - no deference; Les is right about the knife as Kruk will attest, you can't show fear if you want to go down there.
    "Don't worry, they won't be getting any fear from me. I'm sure we can handle ourselves if it comes to a fight - I've seen Les and Kruk fight (did he mention how he cleaved an orc in half?), and I'm sure you and Rabbit are to be feared on the field as well. But avoiding an unnecessary fight would be nice ... we may need our strength later, if Rebekkah is in trouble."

    Seeing that the halfling woman apparently doesn't have anything else to offer, Raiyek gives one last sigh. "I really wanted some of that bread," he mutters. Then the paladin's face sets in fierce determination, his green eyes showing the steel of his resolve, and his posture straightens, if that's even possible. "Very well, let us go find this Brynden, and may he fear the wrath of Palladys if he turns on us. Did your source happen to mention which way the ... establishment lies?"
    OOC
    Ok, one question that I keep forgetting to ask: what race is Rebekkah? I'm inclined to assume eladrin, but Borius didn't say she was a relative of any sort, so she could be anything, haha.

    And then, Streetwise (1d20+2=8) to navigate to the Harlot's Nipple, if necessary. Hopefully it's not, otherwise Raiyek is just going to be running in circles!
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Feat: Echoes of Thunder
      By Baumi in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Monday, 23rd November, 2009, 04:17 PM
    2. Echoes of Thunder
      By kerbarian in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th April, 2009, 08:26 PM
    3. Echoes of Empire IC
      By Kamard in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 169
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd February, 2003, 08:07 AM
    4. Echoes of Empire OOC
      By Kamard in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 113
      Last Post: Monday, 13th January, 2003, 02:20 PM
    5. Are there gamers in Valdosta?!?! (Echoes)
      By Salcor in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 11th August, 2002, 06:19 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •