Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk sees the opprotunity to flank the gnoll to his northwest and attacks!

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to e11 to flank gnoll at f10
actions: reaping strike: to hit: 18 for damage = 12
minor: none

[/sblock]

Kruk then hears the call from 7-rabbitt to kill the spell casters. He looks to the north and sees one. He moves one step north and takes a mighty swing with the intent of hitting both the spell caster and the gnoll he was originally attacking.

[sblock=action point]
movement: move to e10
actions: Cleave with combat advantage agains the spell caster at e9:
to hit: 20 for damage = 13 plus 4 additional points damage on the gnoll at f10
minor: none

mark gnoll at f10
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]

current hp: 31
affects:

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12 (four used)
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: 0 (used) Second Wind:
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk hears Les and understands. Watching her step back, Kruk races towards her vacated spot at D5. He then turns to the echo and swings with all of his might "I see you now...let me wipe that smirk off your face with my axe!" He swings

[sblock=actions]
movement: E7 to E6 to D5: flanking the echo with 7-Rabbitt
action: Brute Strike: 1d20+7+2 = 11 miss

arrrgghh!

minor: second wind for 7 points and +2 saving throws
[/sblock]

Kruk misses badly but regroups and swings again:

[sblock=action point]

action: Brute Strike: to hit: 1d20+7+2 = 21

oh yeah! (hopefully)

damage: 3d12+4= 24

[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: (used), Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]
You already used your action point today. I'll let you decide which action you want to do.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Besides which, an action point only gets you one more action, not a full set of 3.

Kruk, this might be metagaming, but I'm pretty sure the spellcaster is a minion, so you might be better off hitting the gnoll for full damage and cleaving to the minion. Unless you miss, of course.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Oops...still part of the learning curve there. I thought that an action point could be used for every encounter. Yes, I know, read the darn book. Stick with me folks, I'll eventually get it. :heh:

7-Rabbitt wrote:
Kruk, this might be metagaming, but I'm pretty sure the spellcaster is a minion, so you might be better off hitting the gnoll for full damage and cleaving to the minion. Unless you miss, of course.

You're right 7-Rabbitt. I should have done that, but I fear that if I reroll the attack the way you have suggested that I might miss. I'll stick with roll for damage on the spellcaster with 4 points on the gnoll and still mark the gnoll.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk swings his axe, slicing one of the gnolls and taking down a cultist in one sweeping blow. The gnoll coughs up a handful of blood (he's totally bloodied).

The thing conjured by Burodorub lets out a hissing shriek and barrels toward Kruk, careful to avoid flying through the green energy shield. The creature's wings make wet slapping sounds as they hit its thighs. It strikes at Kruk's face with its claws, drawing blood from the dwarf's exposed flesh ("Fluffy" uses a combination of movement and flyby attack to nail Kruk for 10 damage and end its turn next to 7 Rabbit).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy": 26
Sessadore (20/27): 22<<Your Turn!
Burodorub: 20
Dawn Raven: 19
Spear Gnoll L7: 18
JNC: 17
Club Gnoll D10 (22 damage, bloodied): 17
Pierce: 16
Spear Gnoll B6 (DC): 13
Club Gnoll M10: 13
Dimsdale (21/31): 3

[sblock=OOC]Raiyek's up next. Still waiting on that opportunity attack on D10. You know, the one I didn't roll for you because it letting the players roll for themselves is what Oprah calls "empowerment".

Not that I'm bitter or anything.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Half the chanters are down! We can do this, friends!"

Giving a quick glance around the battlefield, Raiyek decides to hinder the wizard. His summoned abomination worried the elf somewhat, but if the wizard could summon something like that ... better not let him proceed unimpeded.

Reaching his target, the elf shouts, "You are over, fiend! You will find no victory today!" As he attacks, the glow in his eyes flares, but unfortunately his swing flies far wide of the tiefling.
[sblock=Actions]OA vs. club gnoll (1d20+6=8, 1d8+3=8). Turns out it didn't matter ;)

I'm going to go after the tiefling ... I think he'll be the biggest concern out of all the enemies in the room, so I don't want to give him free reign to do whatever he wants. We might get smacked around a little bit from focusing on taking down cultists, but one more round will probably do it ... then we can deal with the rest of these hooligans ;)

Move: to H3: C8, D7, E6, F5, G4, H3.
Minor: DC on the tiefling
Standard: Holy Strike on the tielfing: 1d20+6=7 vs. AC, 1d8+6=11 radiant damage. Nat 1 :([/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:20/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:4/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk screams as the flying fiend rips at his face. As the beast moves away he wipes the blood out of his eyes and surveys the battle. He then turn to Les: "I'm worried that our group is too spread out," noticing 7-Rabbitt and Ash in close proximity to two gnolls and the flying creature. "Curse my dwarven legs! Les, feel free to launch me to their aide if they need help. I don't think I can get there in one turn"

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
Her mind quickly tried to calculate the best approach to the current situation. The caster was being locked down by Raiyek, but that took one of their defenders from the picture. Hopefully the elf could keep him occupied and off of the rest of their backs. Two gnolls were moving in on Ashburn, who didn't seem to have an efficient way of taking them out quickly by himself. Seven-Rabbit was being harassed by the....thing, whatever it was, that had been summoned forth. She honestly didn't think the ritual could be completed easily or quickly at this point and she wondered if taking them out first was going to lead to dangerous circumstances for the rest of them. Of course, she wanted to save Marley, but her own skin and the skins of those watching her back were more important.

She looked to the armed thug near Kruk and smiled. He was wounded and his morale was lagging, she could most likely tire him out and force him to make a mistake and take him out of the fight. Or so she hoped. She didn't relish the though of being the only person on the left side of the room if Kruk flew to Ash's rescue. Les cursed her own selfishness, and hoped that he could hold out for a few more seconds.

All of this happened in an instant, just before she slides with a grin up to the gnoll and taps him on the shoulder. “So, sir, are you prepared to walk into Lauto's arms today?” As she does so, she looks into Kruk's eyes and nods. The silent gesture and the distraction provided the dwarf with an ideal mark on the foe.

[sblock=Tactics]
1) One Foe Down: Focus our attacks, hopefully Commander's Strike will drop one gnoll this turn, if not, Kruk may want to take advantage of the CA from flanking and finish him off then move towards Seven-Rabbit and Ashburn.

2) Bonus Defense: Also, stop spreading out so much!! I can only heal within a 5 burst range of myself, luckily no one has taken much damage. Also, I have nothing to drop my Bastion on if everyone is more than 5 squares away. It's best to get that +1 to all defenses out as early as possible. On my next turn, I'm going to move closer to where Ash and Seven-Rabbit are now. Try to stay close to each other. Dimsdale, if you could make your way over there also to get the bonus, it'd be great. Sessadore...I don't think there's any way you'll be able to be inside the range of it.

1. Tactical Move: Dimsdale, Pierce, depending on where enemies and allies are two turns from now, I may use Telekinetic leap to toss either of you toward the tiefling to coordinate with Sessadore on distracting/taking him out. How does this sound to everyone?

1. 1/3 Rounds: We have two more rounds to take out the chanters. If 7-Rabbit and Ash can take out two of them this turn, we can pull it off. Raiyek, on your next turn do you think you could try to end it next to a chanter? I'll use C-Strike to let you take out another. That will leave 1 chanter left and anyone with a ranged attack (probably you, JNC) can take him out. Of course...that is if we don't miss. However, if killing them does delay the ritual we should be fine even if we miss killing the last one.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Commander's Strike: Kruk will get +3 damage and +2 to hit due to Flanking
Move: Shift one to C10.
Minor: Arcana to see if ritual has been delayed again? :[/url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1996605/]19[/url]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:23/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:6/8
Notes:
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x2[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=To Les]Yeah I took off in the direction, hoping to get rid of the casters as soon as possible. I wouldn't mind getting Telekinesis'ed over to help out Raiyek. Though, Rabbit needs help with regards to "Fluffy" which is in his face right now. :erm:[/sblock]

Remove ads