Adventure: Echoes of O

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
and here I was going to get on and be ready to apologize for not posting in awhile XD. Glad I missed nothing!
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
7 Rabbit runs away from the flesh-thing, which strikes him with his claws as he flees (OA hits for 10 damage). He stands next to one of the gnolls and fires a blast of energy at one of the casters, who crumples into a pile of robes. The gnoll strikes out at him, but 7 Rabbit is able to dodge. The ritual sputters. and the figure in the center of the ring ceases its cries of pain. The ritualists continue their chanting, and the are groans from the figure, but they seem to be grunts rather than muffled screaming.

The surrounded gnoll swings its club at Kruk, but it bounces harmlessly off of his armor.

Ashurn's new dagger strikes true, and a gush of blood erupts from the gnoll's neck.

The gnoll holding a spear stebs forward and thrusts at Les. The primitive weapon pierces her armor and runs her through. The gnoll grins as he pulls the weapon back, leaving Les barely standing (the gnoll moves to C8 and hits. Les takes 13 and is marked until the end of the gnoll's next turn).

Grabbing its neck, the gnoll that Ash sliced attacks with its club, connecting in the rogue's thigh before retreating behind 7 Rabbit (Gnoll hits Ash for a whopping two damage, shifts to N11 as part of the attack, then uses a move action to shift to O10).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy": 26
Sessadore (12/27): 22
Burodorub (DC): 20
Dawn Raven (4/24): 19
Spear Gnoll M8: 18
JNC (19.30: 17<<Your Turn!
Club Gnoll D10 (22 damage, bloodied): 17
Pierce: 16
Spear Gnoll C8 : 13
Club Gnoll O10 (18 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (11/31): 3<<Your Turn!

[sblock=OOC]Les still has a minor action she never used, since I gave her the option of using an Inspiring Word rather than an Arcana check. Kruk is up next. Things look grim, but don't worry! Cavalry is on the way.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Seeing Les get run through out of the corner of his eye, Raiyek's brow furrows in anger. "Hold fast, friend! I'll be there in a moment!" he calls, spinning on his heal to dash to her side.
[sblock=OOC]Depending on how Les is doing by the time Raiyek goes, and what Kruk does, here's my plan:

• Take out the ritual caster next to me.
  • Run down and burn an AP to use Paladin's Judgment on one of the gnolls by Les and Kruk, letting Les heal a surge.
  • Not sure what to do with my minor ... tossup between Divine Strength or Hunter's Quarry for some extra damage, DC on a gnoll so I can still use it next turn, or Lay on Hands, if the brown stuff really hits the fan.
Sound good to everyone? Maybe Kruk could shift to D11 to give me an easy flank? :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk uses his second wind, then swings his axe at the gnoll again:

[sblock=actions]
minor: second wind for 7 points: hitpoints now at 18
attack: reaping strike: 1d20+7+2 = 10 miss, but still causes 4 points damage
movement: move to d11
[/sblock]

He hits, but not for much. Frustrated, he shifts to d11.

[sblock=stats]
current hp: 18
affects:

Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter 1
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light vision
HP 31 Bloodied 15 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 12 (five used)
AC 18+1=19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 10 Will 12 Speed 5
+ 5 poison
Resist 5 fire and resist 5 necrotic (armor)
action Points: 0 (used) Second Wind: (used)
Powers
At will: cleave, reaping strike
Encounter: spinning sweep
Daily: brute strike: (used)
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Wow, a 12 hits? I didn't expect that.

I think it's best if I turn some of my Striker damage towards hurting some of the dangerous guys now.
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Kruk's axe nicks one of the gnolls, covering a patch of fur in blood.

Suddenly, the figure in the center of the ritual bursts from its bonds. The tiefling wizard cries "No!" as his intended victim tears the bag from his head. It is, as you suspected, Marley, but his blond hair is wild and unkempt. He looks exhausted, but there is a fire behind his eyes.

"You fools!", shouts Burodorub, "You let him escape!"

Marley slowly rises to a single knee, his body shaking from the force of the ritual. Slowly, one of Marley's hands forms into a fist, and he lets out a cry of rage as he punches the ground. There is a flash, and the lines on the ground change from blood-red to pale blue. The green shield dissolves, and the remaining cultists are engulfed in blue fire. After a moment, there is nothing left of them but ashes. Marley does not rise from his knee, however, and he is breathing heavily through gritted teeth.

The flesh-beast, undaunted by the scene in front of it, flies toward Ashurn and whips out its tail at him. The tail lashes across Ash's chest, and only after it has drawn blood does he notice that the tail is dripping with strange, green liquid ("Fluffy" moves to K10 and hits Ash for 8. Ash has ongoing poison damage 5 (save ends)).

Map

Initiative:
Marley: 27
Sessadore (12/27): 22<<Your Turn!
Burodorub (DC): 20
Dawn Raven (4/24): 19
JNC (19/30): 17<<Your Turn!
Club Gnoll D10 (26 damage, bloodied): 17
Pierce (14/24, ongoing poison damage 5: 16
Spear Gnoll C8 : 13
Club Gnoll O10 (18 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (18/31): 3

[sblock=OOC]Raiyek's up. You have some rather powerful cavalry in Marley. He'll do his best not to steal the spotlight, though.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As Marley blasts free of the ritual and incinerates the remaining ritual casters, Raiyek begins his charge towards his friends, a grim smile on his face. The fight is in our favour, he thinks. "Les, hold fast!" he shouts. Arriving alongside her, the golden light in his eyes flashes as his sword flies out to his right, impaling the spear-wielding gnoll beside him. Shouting to his goddess, the paladin tears his sword from the gnoll and whirls in a circle, bringing his blade down upon the other gnoll with a vicious strike as Les' wounds begin to heal.

"You are ours, tiefling! Judgement shall fall upon you today for the evils you have committed," he calls out to the wizard he has momentarily left.
[sblock=Actions/OOC]Move: to D9
Standard: Piercing Smite vs. C8: 1d20+6=26 vs. Reflex, crit! That means 19 damage, and C8 and D10 are both marked by me until the end of my next turn.
Minor: Divine Challenge C8, overwriting the mark from Piercing Smite. (But allowing me to retain use of DC for next round.)

Burn AP: Paladin's Judgment vs. D10: 1d20+6+2+1=20 vs. AC, 3d8+3=19 damage. On either a hit or miss, Les gets to spend a surge, healing her 6 to bring her to 10 total hp.

@JNC: I concur that you should go after the threatening bad guys, especially now that there are no more ritual casters to blast ;)[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:12/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:4/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry for delays! I just got back from an unexpected trip...a few friends and I were going to Wal-Mart at like 1 am bored out of our minds when we decided to just...keep driving. We ended up in Canada and found a hostel to spend a few nights and partied there XD. Completely unplanned and random. But yea, I'm back.

So I have a minor from before? I would have used that to heal Kruk with an Inspiring. [/sblock]

Les shakes her head free of the cloud that was blocking her from thinking. Alright, this fight was getting rough. Luckily, Raiyek's aid had come just in time or she might not have made it through this all. She smiles at him before turning her attention to the battle around her and glaring at everything. "Kruk, stand firm. Marley just burst out! Hopefully he can find a weapon and join us against these beasts."

She pulls her chain in a tight, defensive circle and readies herself for the next attack. She needs some time to catch her breath and quickly meditate for a moment's rest.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Second Wind, heal 6, go to 16, +2 all defenses
Minor (Last turn): Inspiring Word- Kruk 4
Minor (this turn): Inspiring Word: Ashburn 2
Move: Shift to B10 away from club-gnoll.
AP: Warlord's Favor on Spear Gnoll 27! CRIT! 20 damage. and Raiyek gets the +4 bonus to hit the spear gnoll until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Les Ghentel- Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:13, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:16/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/8
Notes: Marked by Spear Gnoll 1; Giving Raiyek +4 to hit Spear Gnoll until end of next turn; +2 all defenses until end of next turn
Initiative +5
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Used
Powers: Commander's Strike, Viper's Strike, Warlord's Favor, Telekinetic Leap Bastion of Defense, Special: Inspiring Word x0[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Raiyek runs the spear-wielding gnoll through with his longsword, and in a blur of motion, kicks the beast free of his blade so he can swing it in a wide arc towards the second gnoll. His eyes flash white momentarily as he strikes true, taking off the gnoll's right arm. It screams as a guyser of blood erupts from its bloody stump, and it falls to the ground (D10 is dead, C8 is DC'd).

The tiefling wizard snarls through clenched teeth. "Insolent whelps! You will BOW before me!" There is a sickening CRACK as he points his meat-wand at the elf and his friends, soon followed by a thunderous BOOM! It is certainly distracting, but only Kruk seems to be affected by it (Thunder Burst on D10. Misses Raiyek, hits Kruk, misses Les. Kruk takes 9 and is dazed (save ends)).

Les' words of encouragement are only strengthened as she swings her chain at gnoll, catching him in the side of the head. The gnoll's eyes cross momentarily, but it shakes its head and tries to get its bearings (C8 is bloodied).

The second spear gnoll angrily jabs 7 Rabbit with his spear. The attack is enough to shove the dwarf backward, and he stumbles and falls (Gnoll uses Powerful Strike, which hits for 17 (ouch!). 7 Rabbit gets a saving throw to avoid getting knocked prone, but he fails it, so down he goes).

Map

Initiative:
Marley: 27
Sessadore (12/27):
Burodorub: 20
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
JNC (2/30, Prone): 17<<Your Turn!
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (24/24, ongoing poison damage 5): 16
Spear Gnoll C8 (DC, bloodied): 13