Adventure: Echoes of O

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit lies on the floor for a moment, breathing heavily and watching the world spin. Then he rolls over, rather like a turtle righting itself, and lumbers to his feat, propping himself up with his war club. When he is finally steady again, he reaches out his hand to the gnome, fingers crooked into claws, and calls, "Come over where I can see you and try that again!" Then he yanks his hand towards himself. In answer, a play of red light flickers around the gnoll's body and along the length of its spear. As Rabbit yanks, the spear jerks towards him as if clutched by a ghostly hand. The gnoll digs in its heels and yanks back; the spear comes free of Rabbit's grasp and the gnoll is reels backwards a few steps. 7 Rabbit looks disappointed.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor Action: Second Wind for 7 hp
Move Action: Stand
Standard Action: Diabolic Grasp on the spear gnoll at M8: 10 to hit, 10 damage. That sucks! If by some miracle that hits, the gnoll is dragged to M10, right between me and Ashurn.

If the other gnoll wants to sneak attack me, remember I still have concealment until the end of the turn and +2 to all defenses from Second Wind.
[/sblock]

[sblock=7 Rabbit stat block]7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
HP:9/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/10
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
Effects: Warlock's Curse on spear gnoll at M8, Second Wind (+2 to all defenses until next turn)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"AAAGGGHHH!" Kruk screams as another bolt of lightning rips through his body. "Remind me to wear leather the next time I face foe with knowledge of electricity!" Kruk thinks to himself No...that wouldn't help either.

[sblock=OCC]
What's the penalty for being dazed? Also, is a saving throw required to become "undazed?"
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=Judge comments]
DAZED
You grant combat advantage.
You can take either a standard action, a move action,
or a minor action on your turn (you can also take
free actions). You can’t take immediate actions or
opportunity actions.
You can’t flank an enemy.

and yes, a saving throw is required to kick out of it
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]While dazed, you grant combat advantage, you cannot take opportunity or immediate actions, and on your turn you can only take one action on your turn (standard, move, OR minor)[/sblock]

PierceSG

First Post
[sblock=Active Mini Stat Block]Ashurn Dhara (Ash) Initiative: 4
Passive Insight: 11, Passive Perception: 15
Senses
: Normal, Speed: 6, Size: Medium
HP: 14/24, Bloodied: 12 Poisoned (Ongoing 5, saves end)
Amount of Surges: 2/7, Surge value: 6
AC: 16(+0), Fortitude: 12(+0), Reflex: 17(+0), Will: 14(+0)
Action Point(s): 0/1, Second Wind: Available
Main Hand: Hzakan Shadow Blade
Off-hand: Shurikens 10/10. Range: 6/12
Basic Melee Attack: 1d20+5 vs AC. 1d4+2 damage.
Basic Ranged Attack: 1d20+9 vs AC. 1d4+6 damage (Dagger) 1d20+7 vs AC. 1d6+5 damage (Shuriken).

Powers:
Sly Flourish: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade+9 vs AC (1d4+9). Shuriken +7 vs AC (1d6+8).
Deft Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs AC (1d4+6).
Shuriken +7 vs AC (1d6+5).
Piercing Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs Reflex (1d4+6).
Positioning Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs Will (1d4+6).
[Expended]Trick Strike: To Hit: Hzakan Shadow Blade +9 vs AC (3d4+6). Shuriken +7 vs AC (3d6+5).
*Sneak Attack: +2d8 against target I've combat advantage with.
*Weapon Focus - Light Blades: +1 feat bonus to damage roll on attacks with light blades.
*Hzakan Shadow Blade's (+1 Subtle Dagger) Property: +1 to all attack & damage rolls. +1 additional damage to targets Ashurn have Combat Advantage against. On Critical: +1d6 additional damage.[/sblock]

Seeing Rabbit in danger, Ashurn disengages himself from the beast. Flipping backwards and with a flash of his hands sends his dagger whistling through the air towards the gnoll!

[sblock=Actions]Move= Shifts 1 square to M11. (Doesn't provoke OA with shifting, right?)
Standard= Sly Flourish (Ranged with Hzakan Shadow Blade) vs O-10 Gnoll (AC)
Roll results: 27 vs AC. 12 damage.[/sblock]

With a resounding thud, the dagger buries itself into the gnoll's chest. As Ashurn lands on the floor, he flips his hand and the dagger magically returned to him. "Rabbit! Looks like you need a hand?", Ashurn giving Rabbit a grin. As he was finishing the sentence, he shouted "Hey Marley! How long are you going to stay asleep?! We kind of need your help here!" Ashurn lets go off the shuriken in his left hand and goes for the dagger sheathed on his belt. In a swift motion, toss it into the center of the room towards Marley.

[sblock=Other Actions]
Free action= All the speech, as well as the gesture to grasp my magically returning dagger. (Please correct me if I am wrong. I saw on the PHB that all magical thrown weapons returns to owner. A dagger is considered a Light Blade as well as a Light Thrown weapon, right?) As well as dropping the shuriken in my off-hand.
Minor Action= If possible, pulling out the dagger and toss it to Marley as a free action? If not possible, I can just keep the dagger off-hand and toss it next round. Though, can I toss a dagger as a minor action instead of a standard? Since its just a light tossing action instead of a aimed throw?
Save vs Poison too? I got a 1d20=11 result.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
*NOTE: I made this post before the site crashed, so the rolls are not linked to. Just trust me.

[sblock=Pierce]Tossing the weapon requires a separate minor action. you've never seen Marley like this. He looks angry. Very angry. Angrier than you thought he could get.

Also, keep in mind how painful the ritual is. So, you know, a little sympathy. Incidentally, you've never seen Marley act like this. He looks angry. Very angry. Angrier than you thought he could get. And you've NEVER seen him manifest blue fire before.[/sblock]
7 Rabbit is able to get to his feet, but his magic fails to pull the spear-wielding gnoll (miss!).

Ash draws a dagger and lets his shadow blade fly. The dagger hits the gnoll in his right shoulder, and he lets out a yelp of pain (hit!).

The gnoll wielding a spear, facing down three foes and blood clouding his vision, takes a step backward and thrusts its spear at Raiyek. The paladin brings up his shield to block, but the gnoll veers left at the last moment, and the tip of its spear jams through one of the folds in Raiyek's armor. The creature draws its weapon back, and marvels at the elven blood dripping from it (shift to D8, hits Raiyek for 9).

The lone club-wielding gnoll smacks its weapon upside of 7 Rabbit's head before taking a step backward and moving toward the center of the room. The stoic dwarf is left a bit dizzy from the attack (despite having cover and +2 to all defenses, the club gnoll hits with Dazing Strike for 5. This lets him shift one square to P9, after which he moves to P9, after which he uses his move action to go to O4. Oh, and 7 Rabbit is dazed until the end of O4's next turn).

Map

Initiative:
Marley: 27
"Fluffy": 26
Sessadore (3/27):
Burodorub: 20
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
Spear Gnoll M8: 18
JNC (9/30): 17
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (39 damage, DC, bloodied): 13
Club Gnoll O4 (30 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (20/31, dazed): 3<<Your Turn!

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk, dazed from his last attack, shouts in frustration. His mind is becoming clearer, but his body still feels the effects of the last bolt of lightning. Unable to attack anyone at the moment and noticing the dead gnoll's weapon in front of him, Kruk comes up with a crazy idea. "Marley, you look like you're strong enough to use this," he shouts as he slides his battle axe to Marley's location. "Split some skulls!"

OOC: save vs. daze = 12

[sblock=ooc]
If kruk passes his daze roll, next round he intends to equip himself with the weapon of the dead gnoll that is in front of him.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kruk is no longer dazed.[/sblock]

Kruk's axe skids along the floor, finally stopping within the inner circle. Marley still hasn't moved since he freed himself, but suddenly, without looking, an arm reaches out toward the battle axe. Although it is slightly out of reach, the axe shudders and flies into Marley's outstretched hand. Gripping the weapon, Marley rises to his feat, his face visible for the first time. The scars that crisscross his rugged visage are slightly glowing with an azure light. Marley lets loose a tremendous cry of rage, louder than you thought one man could shout. The entire building shakes at the might of his voic. Wings of blue fire sprout from his back, and Marley's feet hover a few inches above the ground. His hair is flailing wildly, as if a whipping wind were blowing it in different directions. It is an impressive, if frightening, image; his battered frame looks almost angelic as it stands towering in the center of the dank room.

Suddenly, Marley flies forward, hefting the mighty axe in a single hand. He smacks the tiefling wizard with the flat of the axe, and pointed teeth are sent flying from the force of the attack. Burodorub stumbles backward, his fat body quivering in fear. He eventually hits the wall, and slumps to the ground, terrified.

"Please!", he begs, tossing his roasted leg aside, his hands pathetically trying to guard his tear-soaked face, "I...I surrender! I surrender!"

"Not an option!", roars Marley as he swings the axe. The weapon moves faster than the eye can follow, taking off one of the wizard's hands. The tiefling lets out something between a cry of pain and a hideous sob. "This one is mine! No one leaves here alive!"

The flying meat-thing doesn't seem to understand what exactly is happening, but it notices that Raiyek is injured, so it flies giddily towards the paladin and bites down on his arm with sharp teeth. Its teeth are not able to pierce his armor, though (miss).

Map

Initiative:
"Fluffy": 26
Sessadore (3/27):<<Your Turn!
Dawn Raven (16/24): 19
Spear Gnoll M8: 18
JNC (9/30): 17
Club Gnoll D10 (Dead): 17
Pierce (19/24): 16
Spear Gnoll D7 (39 damage, DC, bloodied): 13
Club Gnoll O4 (30 damage, bloodied): 13
Dimsdale (20/31): 3

[sblock=Note]Marley and Burodorub have been removed from the initiative order. Marley seems focused on the tiefling, and isn't likely to help you out. Similiar, the Burodorub really isn't hurting anybody anymore, but that doesn't mean Marley is done with him.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Though his wounds are very nearly mortal, Raiyek pushes onwards. One of the gnolls was also almost finished, and the paladin intended to prevent him from doing any more harm. "Your days are done, beast," he declares as he moves towards it. The paladin makes a deft thrust at the gnoll, who is still reeling from Les' last assault, making it appear as though he would miss by mere inches. Then, at the last instant, he swerves his blade, slicing the gnoll's neck.

Raiyek then turns to the flying abomination next to him. "By Palladys, you will be next, fiend. Prepare yourself to die, if you know how."
[sblock=Actions/OOC]Move: shift to D8
Standard: Holy Strike vs. Spear Gnoll D7: 1d20+6+4=15 vs. AC, 1d8+6=12 radiant damage. That's bogus. Elven Accuracy reroll: 1d20+6+4=24 vs. AC. That's better. To recap: 24 vs. AC, 12 radiant damage. I'm hoping that finishes him off.
Minor: DC Fluffy.

Alright ... so Raiyek is just about down, and I still have my second wind, but I decided to go on the attack instead. The gnoll is almost down (I'm hoping this attack finishes him off), and I figured I had the best chance to finish him, with the bonus from Warlord's Favor. I'm hoping that if I go down, someone will use Heal to let me use my 2nd wind then.

On that note ... we're pretty much out of healing. So don't nobody get hurt, m'kay? ;) Les has used both of her inspiring words, and I believe we've all used our second winds except Raiyek. I still have one lay on hands, but I want to save it in case someone goes down. If I might make a suggestion, maybe Les should ready an action to use Bastion of Defense when both Rabbit and Ash are in range, and then those two boogie over here ASAP. How does that sound?
[/sblock][sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 1
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 18; Low-light vision
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:15 -- Speed:6
HP:3/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Left:4/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (1/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases