Adventure: Echoes of O

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Death saving throw number 2 anyone? Here it goes...roll high kruk! Roll high!

save vs. death: 19

hey hey!

now what...does this mean that someone can heal me so that I can get some positive hp? I've never been this close to death before.

Why didn't I have that roll when I was trying to hit enemies with the axe/club? <sigh>

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Well, I do have one Lay on Hands left. However, if I'm not mistaken, Kruk is stable and not taking ongoing damage anymore, right? So basically he just has to lay unconscious for a couple minutes (short rest) you can burn your own surge and stand back up :p

For an update on little ol' me, I'm still moving. Just in a lull at the moment, so thought I'd check in. Keep on keepin' on, guys :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek watches his companions work over Kruk, but stays back to give them some room to work. Palladys, please, save this honorable warrior; he need not go to Hadeys' halls yet, the paladin prays silently as Les finishes her work, stopping their dwarven companion's bleeding.
[sblock=OOC]Umm ... then what was this? Kruk had already succeeded his save vs. poison, so I'm not sure what else Les' check would have done other than stabilize Kruk. 'Course, I could be out of the loop, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Or whatever works, haha. I'll leave my roll because I'm lazy.

Or, in an effort to make it all irrelevant: Heal to stabilize Kruk (1d20+8=27). Woot! That should do the trick ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit looks gravely down at Kruk as he recovers. "I am glad you are still alive, my friend," he says. "Although you are of my race, you are not from my homeland, so I do not know what underworld I would need to storm to bring back your soul." (If he's joking, he must have a very dry sense of humour, because his face stays grave as he says this.)

Then he wanders over to Marley's exit hole. "Has he always been able to call that blue fire?" he asks Ash. "I have it said that wizards of far lands could call upon blue spellfire - spellscars, I think they were called - but I did not think Marley was a wizard. I would like to learn more about it."

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk awakens and states in a a cracking voice "Thank you 7-Rabbitt. I'd gladly do the same for you." He then turns to face the others, "Thank you all for your assistance. That was a close call." He pauses, thinking for a moment and then states "Ya know, if I just would have turned slightly to the left, I wouldn't have taken the brunt of the blow from that gnoll. I'll make a mental note of it. It wont happen again...until the next time...ha ha haaaouch!" His deep-chested laugh causes a spasm of pain to shoot down his side. A few moments later he leans on his elbows and tries to stand upright, but feels dizzy and falls to the ground. "Uggh...uh...not yet I guess. I'll rest a bit more and try again." Looking upward at the members of his party, he asks "What's the plan now?"

[sblock=ooc]
Is this a place where we rest? If not, I'll burn 4 surges bringing my hp up to 28.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
There is a great rumbling. The ritual circle in the center of the room starts to glow white, brighter and brighter until all you can see is that searing white light.

You cannot speak, because you have no mouth. You cannot move, because you have no body. You are vaguely aware of your companions next to you, but Marley commands your full attention. He stands before you, completely naked and covered in burns. The burns form a macabre spiraling pattern across his body. The look on his face is beyond hate, it is absolute loathing. Behind him, you see the outline of something big and menacing, but what it is, you can't say. The glare of the light makes it hard to see anything other than Marley. He raises a hand towards you, and your entire vision is enveloped in white.

"...should really be waking up any time now, if my calculations are correct."

"Check them again, Allip!"

"Um, sir-"

"What....oh! They're awake!"

You are all in beds, armor removed and bandages covering your various wounds. A cursory examination of your surroundings reveals that you are in Borius Gand's mansion, and the merchant and his assistant Allip are watching over you with beaming smiles (Borius seems to be watching over Les more than anyone else).

Also, curiously, on each of your bodies SOMEWHERE is a blue, spiraling tattoo that you don't remember getting. On Raiyek it is on his right bicep, on 7 Rabbit the side of his neck, on Ash just above his right ankle, on Kruk the palm of his left hand, and on Les the small of her back.
[sblock=OOC]TRAMP STAMP[/sblock]

You all may add the following ACCOMPLISHMENT somewhere on your character sheet:

Marley's Touch
There's a tattoo you don't remember getting on your (INSERT APPENDAGE HERE).
Benefit: You qualify for any feat that requires you to have a spellscar. You do not take a -2 to defenses and saving throws against spellscared or plagechanged creatures, but neither can you detect when those creatures are within 5 squares of you.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les sits up with a hiss and throws a glare towards the eladrin. "Yes, I'm awake. Where's my chain and armor? And where is that traitorous backstabber Marley. And...Seven-Rabbit, what the heck did you do to your neck?"

Remove ads