Adventure: Echoes of O - Page 7





  1. #61
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post
    "I'm Brynden alright," he says, "and it depends on what yer lookin fer. I hear lotsa things 'bout the goings on 'round here. From the looks of ya, I'd say yer foreign mercs lookin' fer a way to break into the circuit, in which case yer outta luck. I don't got much truck with Gouki or his thugs."
    Raiyek pauses for a moment at the unfamiliar name, making note of it. "No, we're not with Gouki, and we're not looking to be. We are looking for somebody though. The name 'Rebekkah' ring any bells? One of those starving street artists." Raiyek keeps his relaxed pose, his hand halfway to the drink, but his eyes are a different story - they're locked onto Brynden's, looking for any indication that he knows anything, whether or not he says it.
    OOC
    Streetwise: Gouki? Who's Gouki?? (1d20+2=6). Yup, definitely don't know who Gouki is. Man, my rolling needs to improve here...
    Insight: does Brynden recognize the name, is he hiding anything? (1d20+8=25). There we go. I've got it when it counts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post
    "The adults is tryin' ta have a conversation here, fruitcake. Kindly shut yer face hole."
    OOC: LOL! Poor Rabbit.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

 

  • #62
    OOC

    Yum, roasted elf on a platter with a side of salad. Chopped Dwarf over rice and Human stir-fry, preferably with pork and broccoli. I could go for some of this...*evil grin*


    I also PbP on Myth-Weavers and on DND Online games, but again, I only started in November...or so.



    Les grins at Raiyek's smooth mannerisms. He knows how to handle this, she thinks to herself. At the mention of a Gouki, the gith tries to recall if anyone in Tymon's Barracks had mentioned anyone of that name while looking for work.


    She leans on the counter, her arms crossed and one black-nailed finger tapping on the bar. Her voice seems to come out in a purr that drips with both menace and flirtatiousness. No....no work for us. However, we really would like to know if you have heard of our dear friend, Rebekkah. For you see, I desperately have something to....discuss...with her. Her face is expression-less and her eyes bore into Brynden.


    Rolls?

    Should we be making rolls or just trying to convince through conversation at this point? I think I'll hold my rolls until either torture or outright intimidation is required..

  • #63
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,542
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    "Woooh...tough crowd" Kruk whispers to 7-Rabbitt.

    Kruk moves closer to Vlastos and 7-Rabbitt taking a defensive position just in case anything might occur. He also scans the room to see if anyone is taking too much of an interest in the group other than the person who Raiyek is talking to.

    perception roll 1d20 = 6

    "Hmmm, too much smoke in this place...can't see a thing" he mutters to himself

  • #64
    OOC: Iggs, since you haven't posted a response yet, I've changed mine...

    Vlastos blinks and squints in the smokey room, overcome for a moment by the sheer teatness of it all. His head begins to spin, and then ...

    Hearing the grim repartee and aware of Kruk's repositioning, Vlastos takes a hard look at the fat bartender and the partially withheld drink and lets out a snort. Elf's breath, he says and with a smirk so both present can hear as he slides a silver onto the bar half way to the glass. That's for the drink, he adds like it is.

    He then turns and scans the immediate room for indications of hostile activity.

    Rolls

    Anyone present a threat? Insight:1d20+7+1(pali)=12
    Anyone present a threat? Perception: 1d20+9+1(pali=11


    Can't tell if they're drunk or just drinking, Vlastos thinks to himself as he returns his attention from the main room to the exchange between paladin and bartender and warlord and bartender. Kruk's got the back covered and Rabbits got something up his sleave, he smiles to himself.

    ...Vlastos suddenly shudders back to reality as his smoke induced mind wondering returns with a jolt to the seriousness of the moment. Whoah!! he exclaims awkwardly.

    Damn daydreams, he mutters silently as he returns to watching the elf and gith at work.
    Last edited by Vlastos; Thursday, 12th February, 2009 at 06:57 PM.

  • #65
    OOC-Les: One or the other. Or both! I'm playing it by ear.

    Also, this is a placeholder. I'll post a response when I'm feeling less lazy.

  • #66
    7 Rabbit glowers at the bartender and steps closer to the bar, fingering the haft of his war-club and muttering in a strange and harsh tonge.

    Magari
    One day I will play ball with your head!


    He squints at the crowd around the bar, trying to decide which looks most dangerous.

    OOC

    Trying to get closer to the bartender than to any of the other patrons so I can put a curse on him, although I'm not going to get in Les or Raiyek's way.

    Perception (including the elf bonus) (1d20+3=11); Insight (1d20+6=16)

  • #67
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    In response to Brynden's comments about Rabbit, Raiyek comments off-handedly, "Oh, you probably shouldn't insult my colourful friend there. Well, unless having nightmares so horrific you wet yourself at the thought of going to sleep are your cup of tea." He smiles at the barkeep, giving no hint whether he's just joking or serious. "Anyway, you were saying?"

    OOC: I was feeling bad - the paladin should stick up for his comrades, no? Also, I want to see what the placeholder is holding the place of! :P
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    Raiyek pauses for a moment at the unfamiliar name, making note of it. "No, we're not with Gouki, and we're not looking to be. We are looking for somebody though. The name 'Rebekkah' ring any bells? One of those starving street artists." Raiyek keeps his relaxed pose, his hand halfway to the drink, but his eyes are a different story - they're locked onto Brynden's, looking for any indication that he knows anything, whether or not he says it.
    OOC
    Streetwise: Gouki? Who's Gouki?? (1d20+2=6). Yup, definitely don't know who Gouki is. Man, my rolling needs to improve here...
    Insight: does Brynden recognize the name, is he hiding anything? (1d20+8=25). There we go. I've got it when it counts.
    Raiyek
    You don't recognize the name Gouki, and Brynden's eyes light up at the name "Rebekkah"

    Raiyek's hand reaches for the glass, but Brynden pulls it harshly. "Rebekkah?", he asks, "You mean Marley's whore?"

    Light chuckles erupt from the bar, but Brynden's glare silences them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Raven View Post
    She leans on the counter, her arms crossed and one black-nailed finger tapping on the bar. Her voice seems to come out in a purr that drips with both menace and flirtatiousness. “No....no work for us. However, we really would like to know if you have heard of our dear friend, Rebekkah. For you see, I desperately have something to....discuss...with her.” Her face is expression-less and her eyes bore into Brynden.
    Brynden's displeasure at the situation grows as the githyanki throws in her two cents. He reaches from behind the bar, and pulls out a greataxe. A cautious look around the bar reveals that the patrons seem to be grabbing whatever is within reach; bottles, chair legs, clubs, what have you.

    "Alright," the half-elf snarls, "You's guys is gonna answer OUR questions now. My bar, my rules, ya' see? Now its gonna go down like this; you's's drop alla yer weapons, then you's answer whatever questions I's feels like askin', then you's leave. Oh, and th' lass stays with us; I know a guy who knows a guy who collects exotic street trash."

    EDIT: Map incoming
    Last edited by Don Incognito; Thursday, 12th February, 2009 at 09:15 PM.

  • #69
    map ahoy! i hate making maps. please roll your own initiative.

    Map the first
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: thebarch6.png

    Map the second
    ImageShack - Image Hosting :: battleraftersre0.png

    Avatars represent you. JNC is a parrot. Brynden is the axe. Bottles are various drunk bar patrons.

    The orange is a strange liquid; maybe blood, maybe liquor. Most likely some combination of the two. Looks slippery.

    Brown is the bar. It provides cover.

  • #70
    Init 15 (17 with Les' Warlord bonus)

    OOC: I can't tell which of these is a parrot - am I in E4 or E6? If the former, I'd like to use Warlock's Curse and Prime Shot on the bartender, so I'd appreciate anyone before me holding their action if they're planning on closing in.

    7 Rabbit stat block
    7 Rabbit- Male Dwarf Warlock 1
    Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
    AC:15 (17 vs. OA), Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:13 -- Speed:5
    HP:30/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:10/10
    Initiative -1
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers: Dire Radiance, Eldritch Blast, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys


    EDIT: ok, I'm not in a position to do my planned action, so... how high is the ceiling? Assuming it's 10 feet up, the guy at G7 is 2 squares away from me, right? (1 diagonally up to F6 and 5 feet above, and another diagonally up to G7 and 10 feet above.) Also, can I see him now that Raiyek's pointed him out, or is do I need to roll Perception again? (And if so, does it take an action?)
    Last edited by JoeNotCharles; Friday, 13th February, 2009 at 02:06 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Feat: Echoes of Thunder
      By Baumi in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Monday, 23rd November, 2009, 03:17 PM
    2. Echoes of Thunder
      By kerbarian in forum D&D and Pathfinder Rules & Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 25th April, 2009, 07:26 PM
    3. Echoes of Empire IC
      By Kamard in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 169
      Last Post: Sunday, 2nd February, 2003, 07:07 AM
    4. Echoes of Empire OOC
      By Kamard in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 113
      Last Post: Monday, 13th January, 2003, 01:20 PM
    5. Are there gamers in Valdosta?!?! (Echoes)
      By Salcor in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 11th August, 2002, 05:19 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •