Friday, 6 February, 2009

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
  • More info on The Plane Below (mentioned in yestarday's news): "Follow-up to manual of the planes, going into more detail on the Elemental Chaos. Follows a similar format to manual of the planes, going into a number of locations within the Elemental Chaos. Provides a framework for you to design your own adventures. Also includes new monsters, locations, to kickoff adventures in the Elemental Chaos."
  • Friday Funny: The Rules of D&D Economics Another not-very-serious look at D&D economic theory, from Kobold Quarterly.
  • 17 Finalists Advance to RPG Superstar Round 3 [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Seventeen amateur game designers have advanced to Round 3 of Paizo Publishing's RPG Superstar, the largest open-call tabletop roleplaying design contest in history.[/FONT]
  • Update from WotC's Scott Rouse regarding the C&D letter served to Ema's character sheet website: " I know some of you are upset of about Ema's web site. I wish that I could explain it for you, but I can't talk about the details as this is a legal issue. What I will say is that what happened with Ema's should not be interpreted as a war against fan sites. We value fan sites like ENWorld, RPGnet, Athas.org, Dragonlance Nexus, Candle Keep and the others that add to the D&D community while respecting our IP and business. Also, we are still working on our fan site policy which will provide guidelines for the use of Wizards’ IPs moving forward."
  • And regarding the fan-site policy: "I know it's fun to throw out conspiracy theories about lawyers and corporate fat cats holding up the fansite policy but there is a simple not so fun explanation. It's been off my desk for a few months and now sits on the desk of someone in our web studio who will shepherd it through to completion... but it's not his biggest priority, he's got other stuff he is working on and although this is important, it's not pressing... not one website has been sued because of a lack of policy. The policy will certainly help answer questions and clear up guidelines but we have gotten by without one for over 8 years and even when we do get one it isn't going to suddenly make all the pirates and other problems we deal with on the internet go away. If you are really doing something wrong (like posting PDFs of copyrighted material) in the the current no-policy environment you'll probably hear from us... and if you really have a burning question about whether you can or can't do something on your webs site you can refer to our current terms of service or ask us via email, PM, phone or through the Customer Service Knowledge Base"

Last edited:

Remove ads