The Bloody Fix

Endzeitgeist

First Post
Usually, I buy adventures only with the intention of scavenging for ideas and while I tend to love urban adventures, there are not that many out there. After CotCT, I thought that I would not see any adventures of surpreme quality for quite some time. (And yeah, I was actually disappointed with ~half of CotCT.)
Then I was pointed towards the adventures by 0onegames - an arc set in the Great City and easily adapted to other cities.
I liked the other adventures, but this one is a gem. I had to spread the word about it. It is clever and brilliant in a sinister, imaginative way.
The "villain" is plain cool, the storyline contains subtle, creepy elements and utilizes them in interesting ways. Oh, by the way, did I mention the fight club in the module? Seriously, the other adventures by 0one were very good, but this one is superb. The only negative thing I could state about this adventure is that the art is "only" quite good B&W.
Seriously, "The Bloody Fix" is ridiculously cheap and even contains a couple of nice handouts for your players. (Color handouts can be downloaded for free at 0onegames' homepage)
My players normally tend to hate unmodified adventures.
They absolutely loved this one and I did not have to raise my pen to modiy it even once.
Give it a shot, the "Road to Revolution Arc" is premium quality and this adventure is top-notch, it made me buy its predecessor and the campaign setting.

knihi

First Post
What is it about

How about telling us something about the module?

Hi Crothian,

I'm one of the authors, so I don't want to eat up too much space here, but I do want you to have an answer.

The Bloody Fix contains vengeance and vindication, poetry slams, back alley ambushes, insult contests, double crosses, manimals, harlots, murder, mayhem and blood soaked mimes. It's got torture, pimps, sacrifice, fighting pits, uncontrolled fires, hallucinogens, mutilation and slaughter -- and it slams the PCS right into the middle of it all.

It's an investigative adventure in an occupied city. The 'occupation' is 30 years old and the process of assimilation well under way, but tensions simmer. Some of the tension relief valves include illegal fight clubs, wherein, at night, garrison soldiers slip into a residential zone well known for its anti-occupation sentiments and face off against local champions. Crazed betting, hallucinogenic booze and brawls are the order of the day. Officials look the other way, but then the fights start to kill participants. Militiary officers to be precise.

The adventure opens when a fellow known to the PCs approaches them with the belief that someone is deliberately fixing the fights to kill military officers and reveals that he is next -- unless the PCs can help him. The fellow begs assistance, provides a list of recently vanished people who might know more, and the adventure is on!

There is more subtlety and lots of grace notes to the setup -- including, we believe, a special, very versatile villain -- but hopefully that answers your question. A while back, I posted a more 'pimpy' summation on my blog. Maybe that will add something for you: Lou Agresta's RPGAggression: Road to Revolution #2: The Bloody Fix

Also, of course, the publisher's site, which has a sample: Welcome to 0one Games Website

Hope all that helps.
- Lou

Last edited:

Rone Barton

Explorer
We've been really lucky with reviews thus far. Thanks everyone who read The Bloody Fix and took the time. It is much appreciated.

Lou and I collaborated on another city adventure called Puncture the Blackened Vein. It's sitting on the publisher's desk now.I think it's pretty epic for an 8th to 10th level adventure, but then what do I know? I think sheep are fer kissin'. I'm not sick in the head or nuthin'. I meant pretty sheep, of course.

I have "The Bloody Fix" and I'm VERY impressed.

I wonder if anyone out there is planning on reviewing "Puncture the Blackened Vein" now that it is out?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases