Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

Theroc

First Post
Or you could DM an adventure and with your DM credits gain levels too ;)

You're right. I could. The only problem there is I've never been a DM before and I'm afraid I'd either make it poorly(storywise), make it too easy, or make it too hard. Or any combination thereof.

For that matter, I've hardly played D&D at all. Viktor was intended to be the character I got my feet wet with. Though, I'm in several games in the Playing the Game section now.

Edit:Wasn't there a rule about xp/week if you weren't on an adventure? Or was that just craft points?

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Long ago, Wik offered to DM the clanhold reclamation. Alas, we'll need someone else to DM it, but I have a couple of emails with Wik where we touched on the beginnings of an adventure. (Obviously, I shouldn't know too much about the adventure!)

If somebody's up for it, I'd love to do it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If you need to pm wik, I have successfully contacted him via PM on occasion., if you need to pick wik's brain on the adventure

Trouvere

Explorer
Edit:Wasn't there a rule about xp/week if you weren't on an adventure? Or was that just craft points?
Yes, under the job system you can earn 5 XP/week. Huzzah - you'll reach 2nd level in just under 4 years. Add on 1 DM credit each month and you can reach 4th level in 4 years. You'd be doing about as well as Cade Jenner, without ever leaving your barstool.

More seriously, we have Viktor and Julien as the only active 1st level characters. Vardoc is present but silent. Damien didn't even make it to the RDI. There might be one or two more in the pipeline.

orsal

LEW Judge
More seriously, we have Viktor and Julien as the only active 1st level characters. Vardoc is present but silent. Damien didn't even make it to the RDI. There might be one or two more in the pipeline.

If there is a need for more 1st level characters for an adventure, I'd be happy to introduce another. Or, if the hook is right, I might even reactivate my druid, Jo Guilan, who's been inactive (although not formally retired) since his first adventure.

doghead

thotd
I haven't been here in ages.

Its good to see the old LEW is still going. I was half tempted to bring Jaan back in from the cold. Poor old Jaan, level 3 and only two run ins with stirges to boast of.

doghead
aka thotd

Manzanita

First Post
LEW isn't what it once was. I have mostly shifted my attention elsewhere, as have many others. It's nice to hear from you. I've missed you, Doghead. We do have some excellent, experienced players in the RDI now, most of them far higher than 3rd level. If we could find a motivated DM, we could probably run an awesome adventure.

doghead

thotd
Hey Manzanita. I haven't been around much. I most just pop in to read a couple of the Story Hours and see if there have been any posts to 'A Game of Trust'.

There are some good gamers here, both on LEW and and the regular boards. I haven't really considered myself a D&D player for a long time. But I ended up playing mostly D&D here at ENworld because the people are great. And I was fortunate to have a played with a good number of them. There are half a dozen or so I remember with great fondness. Crossed Paths ranks up among those. So does Darkmaster's 'Heros of Mergovie'.

Unfortunately, I didn't have so much luck with poor old Jaan.

doghead
aka thotd

Remove ads