Burst/Blast Templates

Firebeetle

Explorer
I was a big fan of the spell effect templates from Steel Sqwire for 3.5. Has anyone made a highly usable template for 4th edition yet? I don't know if steel frames is the way to go, translucent templates may be better in this case.

Mengu

First Post
Since all AoE's are squares, we haven't really had much of a need for a template. Squares are very easy to point out on the grid or picture in your head.

frankthedm

First Post

Firebeetle

Explorer
You're brilliant Frank! I'd been fishing for images, but hadn't thought of fractals. I'm getting to work on this project now, bwahahaha!

Klaus

First Post
I was a big fan of the spell effect templates from Steel Sqwire for 3.5. Has anyone made a highly usable template for 4th edition yet? I don't know if steel frames is the way to go, translucent templates may be better in this case.
BattleBox 4e (now in packaging) will come with acetate templates for burst 1/blast 3, burst 2/blast 5, burst 3/blast 7 and for wall effects, among other goodies.

GrecoG

First Post
Here is one I found, from Dragonfire, although I ordered it via Amazon, because I get more guarantee from them, if lost in shipping or left on my doorstep and never delivered.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P5X9SO]Amazon.com: Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Burst and Blast Templates - Red: Toys & Games[/ame]

I also love my new Alea Tools magnets, after resisting them for so long.

Klaus, who makes Battlebox 4e?

Pyrex

First Post
Since all AoE's are squares, we haven't really had much of a need for a template. Squares are very easy to point out on the grid or picture in your head.

Yeah, it's much easier for instantaneous attacks, but I'd still love (and may have to create) wireframe templates for dropping a 5x5 zone effect that can be moved and lasts multiple rounds into a busy combat...

Remove ads