The Omega Lich (Need Help)

DJ_draken07

First Post
Story: 100 years ago... A Demi God by the name of Lugozaki created a powerful Artifact in a shape of a orb called Ryuusai. Ryuusai's abilities is unknown, It depends on the person who has Ryuusai but from History the Powers Unimaginable.

The Artifact was found by
Aryte Shafaer Sthyr, A black dragon that lived around the location where a vampire clan's territory. Well... Something happened during one of my campaigns

The Adventures were too busy fighting The dragon as a Necromancer by The name of Epa attacked the cave when both sides were weak and take Ryuusai for herself and Announced To them.. The world will be ruled by the First Omega Lich and they will die...

Now what I'm doing now Is getting The Campaign fixed up To Stop Epa , Once and For all!

1. I was thinking The Government in my game decide to get a army prepaired to fight off Epa and Her Army of undead.

2. Epa is going to try and Do a Ritual , Turning herself Into a Lich and Using Ryuusai as Her​
phylactery but It will take Lots and Lots of time to get The Ritual Running for this to happen. Ryuusai is unbreakable if you was wondering (meaning the Campaign will have a timelimit)

3. Epa used Ryuusai to create some Incarnations, These incarnations repersent The 7 Deadly Sins (Pride , Lust , Greed , ETC).

4. I need a location or such where Epa could be hiding or doing this Ritual.

5. Anything else be fine.... All Suggestions are Welcomed.

Soooo whats you guys think?

Charger28Alpha

First Post
Sounds like a fun game to play in.

How powerful are the PCs?

Is Epa too busy with the ritual to intervene directly in the PCs plans to stop her?

Do you intend to have this be the "Final Fight" of the campaign?

For the Kingdom's Army vs. Lich's undead Army their is a thread in the General Discussion Forum discussing War in a campaign, that has some good thoughts. If you plan to have PCs fight in the war I also recommend taking a look at GURPS Mass Combat, it is a PDF available from e23 at the Steve Jackson Games website.

What form do the incarnations of the 7 deadly sins take? Having them be incorporeal beings that infect mortals with the sin the represent would cause real problems for the Kingdom. Imagine "Sloth" infecting a key general in the Army.

Epa's liar should be in a remote location that is challenging just to reach, let alone penetrate far enough to reach the ritual site. Or if you feel like throwing a curve ball at your PCs, have a false liar in a remote local filled with monsters and traps, and the real one underneath a large city, also filled with monsters and traps.

I hope my ideas help.

DJ_draken07

First Post
Sounds like a fun game to play in.

How powerful are the PCs?

Is Epa too busy with the ritual to intervene directly in the PCs plans to stop her?

Do you intend to have this be the "Final Fight" of the campaign?

For the Kingdom's Army vs. Lich's undead Army their is a thread in the General Discussion Forum discussing War in a campaign, that has some good thoughts. If you plan to have PCs fight in the war I also recommend taking a look at GURPS Mass Combat, it is a PDF available from e23 at the Steve Jackson Games website.

What form do the incarnations of the 7 deadly sins take? Having them be incorporeal beings that infect mortals with the sin the represent would cause real problems for the Kingdom. Imagine "Sloth" infecting a key general in the Army.

Epa's liar should be in a remote location that is challenging just to reach, let alone penetrate far enough to reach the ritual site. Or if you feel like throwing a curve ball at your PCs, have a false liar in a remote local filled with monsters and traps, and the real one underneath a large city, also filled with monsters and traps.

I hope my ideas help.

The PCs are ELC of 13 when this quest happens.

Epa has a idea that the Party will be coming after her but She is too busy to fight off The Party because of The Ritual but She will have Undead/monsters and Traps to protect her.

The final fight? Umm For Her Yes but for the party no. I kind of want the party to continue on with their characters becoming epic Level.

Also thank you for the suggestion for The PDF for War, It may come very Useful.

The 7 Deadly Sin idea for being Incorporal is a good idea , But I Would like them to also take corporal form as well. Kind of like..Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (Theres a guy who can turn incorporal and go back to his normal body)

The liar idea is very good too! I like the idea of a False lair as well that could out alot!!

I like your ideas they are helping me plan alot better.

-----------------------------

Also I like to note that The party we have is (Before they hit ECL 13)

Human (Half Vampire Temp +2 Level adjustment) - Lv 6 fighter / Lv 4 Scout

Human - Lv 7 Ninja / Lv 3 Assassin / Lv 2 Ghost Face Killer

High Elf - Lv 12 Ranger

Dark Elf (+2 LV adjustment) - Lv 10 Favored Soul

Elan - Lv 7 Psion (Seer) / Lv 5 Wizard

Charger28Alpha

First Post
One thing to consider in Epa's plans, is that she does not have to defeat her enemies before the ritual is done, just slow them down and distract them long enough. Having her flunkies cause problems all over the kingdom, in edition to sending an undead army will keep the PCs and the Kingdom's forces busy.

As to Epa's liar, or the false liar, have you thought of placing it in a Demi-Plane? One that is created by Epa, using Ryuusai, that would allow Epa to create the "rules" (i.e. gravity, atmosphere, limitations or enhancement of various types of magic, etc). If you do, I recommend making it small, a few miles or so. Once she is beaten it could either cease to exist, or the party could claim it as a base of operations. Cleansing the demi-plane of its taint, could be an adventure arc in its own right.

DJ_draken07

First Post
One thing to consider in Epa's plans, is that she does not have to defeat her enemies before the ritual is done, just slow them down and distract them long enough. Having her flunkies cause problems all over the kingdom, in edition to sending an undead army will keep the PCs and the Kingdom's forces busy.

As to Epa's liar, or the false liar, have you thought of placing it in a Demi-Plane? One that is created by Epa, using Ryuusai, that would allow Epa to create the "rules" (i.e. gravity, atmosphere, limitations or enhancement of various types of magic, etc). If you do, I recommend making it small, a few miles or so. Once she is beaten it could either cease to exist, or the party could claim it as a base of operations. Cleansing the demi-plane of its taint, could be an adventure arc in its own right.

That sounds like a very good idea! I like the demi-plane idea.

Hmmmm I was thinking Of A tower that Epa could stay but There be a secret portal that leads to the Demi-plane to get To epa..

What would be some really good ideas to slow them down that has nothing to do with combat? I know traps are good but Right now im trying to make it very challaging for the players

Charger28Alpha

First Post
Are you looking to slow down the PCs once they reach the liar?

Or slow them down in getting to the liar?

If it is the first one the demi-plane idea provides a bunch of possibilities. If Epa created the demi-plane she could have included things like terrain that changes from time to time, if indoors walls could shift to block off corridors. Just be sure not to make it too frustrating for the players. The same thing can be done with gravity. I once had the party go through a gate that led to a cube shaped room with no gravity or light, and the gate left them floating dead center of the cube.

If it is the second, than a false liar will slow them down. Depending on your and the PC's playing style, having to figure out where the liar, or false one, is located could be an investigative type scenario, although it can be hard to run a good "mystery". Maybe the incarnations of the sins, can only be permanently defeated by tricking the incarnation into performing an act the is the opposite of its sin.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases