4th Ed. Underdark adventure setting book "announced"

Starsunder

Explorer
http://www.critical-hits.com/2009/02/08/dungeons-dragons-at-new-york-comic-con-09/

Im suprised that nobody has made a thread concerning this yet...or maybe it doesent deserve one? Whatever, im making it anyway.

Personally im excited about it. Considering that the core world has not been detailed in depth, and that this is not a FR campaign book (where the Underdark is perhaps the most famous), im curious as to what they will see fit to include. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
The Underdark? Yawn. We've had how many books on the underdark at this point? Including the Pathfinder one, I don't see a lot of new ground getting covered.

It doesn't surprise me, but really disappoints me, that we're getting a freaking Underdark book before we're getting one on the Feywild/Fey.

Last edited:

Starsunder

Explorer
Are you talking about The Plane Below? I thought that was over the Elemental Chaos.

If it's about the Underdark, yawn. We've had how many boos on the underdark at this point? Including the Pathfinder one, I don't see a lot of new ground getting covered.

No, not The Plane Below.

At the NYCC someone asked the WotC board if there would be an advenure book based on the underdark similar to The Planes Below, and they said yes.

Scribble

First Post
The Underdark? Yawn. We've had how many books on the underdark at this point? Including the Pathfinder one, I don't see a lot of new ground getting covered.

It doesn't surprise me, but really disappoints me, that we're getting a freaking Underdark book before we're getting one on the Feywild/Fey.

Doesn't suprise me. The underdark has been a popular place since it was first brought into the game. They know it's popular. This book has probably been earmarked to go from the start,

I think it will take some time for WoTC to determine which new idea parts of the new system are resonating with fans enough to warrent their own books and products.

Starsunder

Explorer
Interesting. Any other goodies they mention?

Nothing earthshattering; tidbits include:

-Demogorgon will have his surrounding monsters detailed, similar to what they did with Orcus in the first MM.
-Rust Monster is definately in MM2.
-MM2 will contain variants of existing monsters, but variants that are worth including, not just stuff you could whip up yourself.
-Draconomicon 2: Metallic Dragons; info includes ways to use metallics as antagonists: not just evil metallics, but good ones who oppose your party.
-Metallic dragons are slightly different mechanically than chromatics.
-Deva's are creatures who are born over and over, and carry over thier life experiences, but sometimes they get corrupted and that carries through (these are the ones that feature in the MM2).

crash_beedo

First Post
I'm thinking we'll see Erelhei-Cinlu in there - that would be pretty awesome in 4E and different than the RA stuff.

Have you noticed how Temple of Elemental Evil, Tomb of Horrors, and Erelhei-Cinlu were all mentioned in Worlds and Monsters? Makes me think Greyhawk stuff = Core, more or less.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases