[Closed for now]Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

CaBaNa

First Post
1-No, couples stay throughout the tournament.
2-Yes, holy simbols count as worn items.
3-No, worn items don't count towards wielded items.
4-For this purpose, being able to attack is sufficient. However, if one character in the team is still standing, the fight goes on. If the left character wins the fight, the team wins, and the dead companion "respawns" for the next encounter.

However, these rules are open for discussion (well n 4, at least). If there is a strong opinion against or in favor of a rule, we can change that.
Also, PHb2 is very very new, so if you spot something that looks overpowered, share your opinion (rather than sneaking it in your build! :D)

In regards to rule 4 the shaman has a feat that gives damage resist to unconscious allies... it would be awesome for keeping your partner alive.

That is the only reason I would want it changed at all.

One more thing. It'd be definitely longer to organize, but would you like a 8-team tournament with 16 players better?

YES! YES! YES! I would definetly get to play that way. :lol: *busts out laughing at how fast 4e fills up in OOC*

Atanatotatos

First Post
Welcome sessadore! I think it's stated that both characters have to "lose" for the team to lose, but maybe I should make it more clear...
About APs... well, at first I was going to write "you can't use an AP to make an attack..." but then, I thought that there are some powers (mostly zones) that are not necessarily attacks, but can nonetheless inflict damage or conditions; also, movement might trigger some other effects centered on the caster. So since the purpose is to avoid nova effect, I thought, what the hell, let's get rid of that for good! PPs that rely on APs for their features shouldn't be penalized since they can spend a "virtual" AP to gain those effects.
If the majority wants to be able to use APs for move actions, though, we can reconsider this.
And yeah, you're probably right that for now, we should stick with 8 people.
Btw, the first four players, are all of you interested in this second try? I'm counting six players for now...

EDIT: cabana, I see. However that rule was made on the principle of not lenghtening the fight (and these can go longer than you'd expect, without action points) with a character mercilessly coup-de-grace-ing another...Also consider that if your mate is still standing, you can continue rolling death saving throws. However I'm willing to hear the others' opinion.
And, don't worry, you're in. If the original four players want to play, I'll just recruit two more people(if we o with 8).

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Lol! :D

Also, are you guys happy with level 16? I went with that so character get most of their PP's advancement, so they should be well defined and hopefully, with all these options, very different from each other too (btw I was really surprised that 3 out of 4 people chose to play a ranged character in the previous tournament).
Also, you don't see much mid-high level play here, everyone wants to start from 1st level, so...

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think level 16 is great, for pretty much the same reasons as you. Usually when I'm making paragon-tier characters for fun I make them at 16, FWIW.

covaithe

Explorer
Hmm, teams to be picked randomly, that certainly adds some spice to it.

I'm interested, but I certainly won't have time to start building a character before early next week or so. If you're ready to go before then and I'm not ready, feel free to give my spot to someone else.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Are you kidding? With all the work you're doing in monster mash and L4W? Naaah
Also, we need to recruit 2-3 people anyway. Still waiting for Industrygothica to say if he's interested, in fact. I think I understood that Oni is. I need to make up two new maps at least, and probably add some more spice to the ones we used this time.

By the way, what I intended was making the couples randomly, then allow you to arrange the team between yourselves; so the players would be randomly coupled, but not the characters. Do you think it'd be better/more interesting if I randomly coupled the characters? (making the couples totally random)

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm still interested, but I won't be able to get a level 16 character up anytime soon. I really need to convince the wife to get me a subscription to ddi so I can get the full version of that character builder. I love that thing...

-IG

renau1g

First Post
By the way, what I intended was making the couples randomly, then allow you to arrange the team between yourselves; so the players would be randomly coupled, but not the characters. Do you think it'd be better/more interesting if I randomly coupled the characters? (making the couples totally random)

I think I like the idea of the PC's being put together randomly...adds tons of randomness and requires you to think on your feet if you're both bow-wielding rangers ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases