[Closed for now]Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

industrygothica

Adventurer
IG, thank you for the advice. Actually, that was exactly what I was thinking. An arena with traps, columns, obstacles, maybe monsters sometimes, possibly a different one each time. That's why I was saying even a ranged combatant or maybe even a well-thought controller might manage to be effective one-on-one.
Does that make you interested? :)

p.s:I know that some classes are obviously at a disadvantage, but I think that the range of options is quite large; for example, at level two a staff wizard-swordmage can make a decent gish; with some tactics you might be able to win the day against a meleer; not easy: but it depends on both the build and the player. One who builds a wizard for a one vs one pvp is looking for a challenge, after all.

Yes, color me interested.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Great. So let's see if we can find seven more people, or, if we cannnot, at least three more to start with only a semi-final and a final...
Any idea about what you'd like to play, by the way? (i'm obviously not asking you for an actual build when you're the only one interested, don't worry :))

nerdytenor

First Post
It's funny, when I saw the title, I assumed you were talking about having TEAM arena battles. I never even considered one on one until I opened the thread.

So what about team vs team? You could make it simple, like "4 vs. 4, one character of each role on each team" or some such.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Not a clue as to what to play right now. Something diverse, I'm sure... but haven't decided what yet. You say we can use the Forgotten Realms supplements? Might look in there and see what a drow or Genesai can offer.

-IG

Atanatotatos

First Post
Sure IG, FRPG's open. Hey there Oni, hi Nerdy! Actually, I thought about the team battle too. To be more specific, this is an experiment. If it works, I'll expand the options and the modes of play. Maybe even put some semi-new mechanics and rp elements in it. But for now I'd like to try if such a thing like one-on-one small tournaments is feasible in 4e... Interested? :)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Great renau! Welcome in. Yes oni, at level two you will certainly be able to recover (maybe we can think of something different if the game continues to a different level).

So... you're three, or four if nerdytenor is interested. This looks better than yesterday, that's for sure! :D Do you want to see if we can find another four or five and have quarters of final or do you want spmething quicker with four people to see if this can work?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases