[Closed for now]Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Atanatotatos

First Post
As I was saying to Cabana via pm, I'm starting to think about possible future iterations of these PvP games. In the chance that you guys are still interested in playing these, I'd like to know what you think about two ideas I have in mind at the moment:

-One is a PvP more or less similar to the first two, but set in a single BIG labyrinth (dungeon-delving-sized, say) where all the characters make their way, basically an all-vs-all survival game.

-The other is a proper, short campaign, where one group is made of bad guys, and the other of good guys, probably set in epic levels, and heavily player-influenced. The game would be divided in two threads, and would be mostly similar to a short campaign, except that ther would be two parties of PCs in the same world, with conflicting goals. This would probably be more complex and harder to pull off.

I'd like to hear what you think about it and if you deem these feasible or interesting at all, although it's still early seeing that we're in the middle of first round at the moment.

CaBaNa

First Post
Conflicted is the right word!

Both are great ideas!

The all vs all PvP would be spectacular fun, I honestly don't know what character I would use.

The good vs evil thing would be awesome as well! Almost a capture the flag style idea. Or conquer and hold command posts. Anything could be done really.

whichever it may be, count me in!:D

renau1g

First Post
I enjoy it as well, it's fun to try and take on other players, as there's so many options available, you really can't pick a class that's far and away better than another.

I would lean towards the first option, mostly for ease of running it. Also, with a full party we might get some controllers involved?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Pfft, what are you complaining about, two hulking behemoths attacking you at once? That's totally the situation I'm in, scrambling to keep Oni at bay. Again. ;)

As a side note to that, it sounds like there's one character down in each match ... wonder how the singleton is faring in the other match ...

As for the future ideas, either one sounds cool to me. I'd definitely be interested in either one, though I agree that the campaign-style one would be hard to pull off, especially if posting rates between the two groups differs by any significant amount. Could be hard to explain why team A gets so much more done than team B ;)

The labyrinth free-for-all really twigs my imagination though, for what it's worth.

renau1g

First Post
No the other guys not down, but we were split up for a moment. We'll see how the battle goes when it's us caught in a flanking position :(

industrygothica

Adventurer
I must say that I'm a bit curious about the second round, regardless of who makes it. I have a feeling it'll be a battle of the At-Wills... not to mention the serious lack of healing surges that will be available. This is tough!

-IG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases