[Closed for now]Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

renau1g

First Post
I think that the OP wants to try out if 4e can support the arena-type battles, as in 3e it was relatively easy to make a one-PC superhero, but in 4e that's not the case. Each class is supposed to be relatively balanced, so we'll see how it plays out. It could be a spectacular failure, or great success. We'll see.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Exactly as rena1g said. Let's hope it doesn't come out as the spectacular option :D
So what do you guys say? Maybe we can see if this work with just the four of you and if it does try with 8 people?
Also, I think it'd be better not to post characters in the thread, so your potential competitors don't know what to expect, what do you think?

industrygothica

Adventurer
I would be more intrested in 3.5e version of this idea. with all the races templates och prcs available it would be great.
Funny, that's exactly the reason I would NOT want to do a 3.5 version of this.

Exactly as rena1g said. Let's hope it doesn't come out as the spectacular option :D
So what do you guys say? Maybe we can see if this work with just the four of you and if it does try with 8 people?
Also, I think it'd be better not to post characters in the thread, so your potential competitors don't know what to expect, what do you think?

Probably right there. PM's or email? My email is easy... same name, at Google's lovely free email service. I check it about 3 billion times a day... take that how you will.

So, looking at available material, it looks like we'll be able to pull material from:

Player's Handbook
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
Adventurer's Vault
Martial Power

Is there anything else that I'm missing with character options? I'm one of those poor saps that doesn't have a DDi account, so unless someone's going to be generous, I can't use anything from Dragon or Dungeon magazines.

-IG

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Well, then you can e-mail me at the address you see in my profile. Pms are fine too, if you can fit the stats in.
We can start as soon as we have enough characters and I've checked them accurately.
Any questions, ask them. :)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Ok, so here's the deal: I will choose the two couples for the first round randomly. There will be two different arenas; you won't know in advance where you'll fight; there might be traps, obstacles or monsters; the arena for the final will be chosen randomly between these two.
You won't be able to escape the arena so that is not an option; there will be no surprise round this time; you will have an extended rest after each fight; you can choose not to take an extended rest and keep benefits deriving from the fight that you haven't used(pact boons, temporary hps, action points, whatever). You win if your opponent surrenders, dies or he's reduced to 0 hp with the following rules:
-he fails to become conscious by the end of the round after yours.
-if the opponent is unconscious but by any means keeps you from finishing him(you cannot attack him) the fight continues.

All clear? Bring it! (don't forget to add equipment appropriate to your level: one magic item of level +1, one of your level, one of your level -1, and wealth equal to the price of a level -1 item)

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Coming up with something other than a crossbow toting rogue was harder than I thought it would be. Seems like there are foils for about every idea I could think of. :)

Oni

First Post
I reckon I did alright. I guess we'll see in the first round.

Anyway I already emailed you a character last night.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Err... I'm sorry oni but I didn't receive your email. I got Ig's though, so I'm pretty sure the link in my profile is fine... would you try again please?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases