[Closed for now]Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Oni

First Post
Yeah, even a warlord or a wizard with a couple of decent attack rolls is liable to put someone down in one round with an AP.

The wizard and the feylock were the only two I couldn't figure out a way to hit an avg of at least 45 damage with two attacks via an AP in one round provided they both hit. (Actually you can just hit avg 45 damage with the Feylock if you accept that you can sneak attack with a pactdagger via the rogue multiclass feat, some would dispute that ruling though I think.) Can't really gain CA with a warlock on the opening round without giving up damage making it a moot point really.

I got the Wizard up the 43 avg (counting damage at the beginning of the opponents turn since they couldn't act yet.)

Feylock to 41.5 avg without the questionable pactblade stuff.

The warlord could avg 53.5 (probably more with a brutal weapon, but I didn't quite know how to figure that, I think it's 61).

A rogue can hit up to 62 avg (with 3 attacks) and ranger 76.5 avg (though he's got to land 4 attacks rather than 2 for that).

The most HP you're going to be able to have at first 2nd level is 46 and you've got to gimp yourself to get that. So really there's not a lot you can do other than not get hit because that's the only way you're going to be able to weather a nova. The ability to regain HP only matters if you live long enough to use it.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
All true all true. But since I don't want to abandon the project yet, let's see what can be done to improve it.

-Level 12
-Short rest only between fights to limit novas
-Maybe no action points?

What do you think?

industrygothica

Adventurer
All true all true. But since I don't want to abandon the project yet, let's see what can be done to improve it.

-Level 12
-Short rest only between fights to limit novas
-Maybe no action points?

What do you think?

I'll agree with the no action points. I don't like the level 12 thing, mainly because I can only generate 3rd level characters with the generator. ;) That, and I've just always preferred lower level games.

Short rest only? Meh.. Negotiable, I suppose.

There is the possibility of adding more to the terrain as well - perhaps if the opponents have to fight their way out of wherever they are in order to even get to each other, that'd work as well. Then you could choose whether to spend your daily on your opponent of the horde of zombies keeping you from getting to him.

-IG

Oni

First Post
Well it's still possible to make a character that would drop a max con dwarven battlerager in melee in one round with no dailies or AP on avg damage. (Said character will suck in a lot of other regards, but more as an example that you can't completely take away the nova.)

That said you've got more get out of jail cards at that level so it seems likely the fights will not be won or lost on initiative.

Ideally 4e characters are meant to best function in a team, but you'd need a lot more people to participate for that it would probably take quite a while to run combats.

renau1g

First Post
Hey, sorry for the delay in our match IG, I usually don't log on much on weekends, and if I do it's when I'm watching my boys so I can't usually concentrate too much. I'll update this morning and we'll see how this goes down.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Hey, sorry for the delay in our match IG, I usually don't log on much on weekends, and if I do it's when I'm watching my boys so I can't usually concentrate too much. I'll update this morning and we'll see how this goes down.

It's all good, I probably won't be able to post until tomorrow morning anyway. Besides, if the same holds true as the other fight, you'll probably take me out in the first round since you've got the initiative.

-IG

covaithe

Explorer
I'm up for it, but I don't insist. I suppose we don't know yet who the other loser runner-up is; we can wait and see if there's still interest then, I suppose.

I think I am going to go ahead with that other project we were PMing about, so maybe that will be keeping me busy.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases