Proposal: Star Pact Warlock additions from Dragon 366

garyh

First Post
I actually really like the idea of Int+2 powers for warlocks. Makes the power equally useful for Con or Cha warlocks.

SeaPainter

First Post
...and no current Cha/Int races, I think.
Cross takes off his hat with a flourish, sweeps a bow and says, "Um, Hello..."

Ooh, good catch, garyh. I didn't even notice that it was Int for the attack roll. I think that definitely makes it a lot less useful for most warlocks, and the +2 is at the least necessary to bring it into line. Makes it a bit of a niche power then, doesn't it?
It would be useful for Tiefling warlocks (not like there is a glut of those around here, thank goodness... after all, if there was more than one tiefling running around, I'd probably have to change how I play Cross).

Would being in the Star Pact limit the tieflings ability to take advantage of their affinity for fear and fire?

garyh

First Post
Gah. How could I forget a PHB1 race? Maybe because, as you say SeaPainter, it isn't like there are a lot of tieflings running around the Transitive Isles right now. Yeah, that's my excuse. ;)

I think Star Pact has a fair number of fear powers, and you can dabble in fire Infernal powers still, if your Con is reasonable.

Oni

First Post
Would being in the Star Pact limit the tieflings ability to take advantage of their affinity for fear and fire?

In the dragon article alone 10 out of the 17 new attack powers are fear, the Doomsayer PP's are fear, and there are several fear based powers in the PHB. If you don't mind not having a fear based at will, you could probably dump Con and still have nothing but fear powers outside of your eldritch blast. Of course there are dangers of putting all your eggs in one basket.

SeaPainter

First Post
In the dragon article alone 10 out of the 17 new attack powers are fear, the Doomsayer PP's are fear, and there are several fear based powers in the PHB. If you don't mind not having a fear based at will, you could probably dump Con and still have nothing but fear powers outside of your eldritch blast. Of course there are dangers of putting all your eggs in one basket.

Thanks... I hadn't done much research on warlocks until after I asked the question. Now I find myself wondering if I shouldn't retrain Cross's class:devil:

...except that I can't:.-(

Dunamin

First Post
I had been considering Fury of Gibbeth for some time after Cov brought it up, but I think Garyh put my potential concerns to rest: the use of a secondary ability for both attack and damage possibly offsets the advantage of the power being skill-based.

All in all I stand by my votes, though I do think the following discussion was very enlightening. :)

covaithe

Explorer
Right.

YES. Houseruled Sacrifice of Caiphon feat:
Prerequisites: Con 13, warlock
Benefit: Once per encounter, when you attack with an encounter power that has targets and you miss all targets, then you can deal damage to yourself equal to the level of the power. If you do, you immediately recover the power.

YES. The rest of the article, Wish Upon A Star: Some of the remaining content might be slightly better than norm, but it’s not too bad and warlocks could use a little help to get “on par” with other striker classes.

My concerns have been addressed too, so I'll go ahead and vote the same as Dunamin. I've quoted instead of retyping, 'cause I'm lazy.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yes, the discussion was enlightening. My potential worries were put to rest as well, though, so I also stand by my votes.

Tick tock tick tock ;)

CaBaNa

First Post
I don't want to change the votes, I don't even disagree with how the votes have gone. :angel:I'm also sure that Cross and a few others would love this to hurry up and pass... So this next statement is not to cause a flurry of debate.:devil:

I would just like to point out that fighters have a reliable daily at first level, with NO sacrifice...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases