Constables of the 14th Ward Part 3

Leif

Adventurer
Forked from: Constables of the 14th Ward Part 2

OOC: Just checking...

You circle around Lauralie Summerhome going clockwise from the road that leads into the 14th Ward, passing a few farms, a few inns, and the odd shop or two, and you finaly arrive at the 9th Ward gate at the northeast corner of the city. You are asked to pay a 3cp fee for gate and street upkeep when you enter, but a quick flash of your bronze badges puts a speedy end to that, and you are waved quickly through, as the gate workers apologize and salute. You make your way through the Ward, passing numerous Temples, Prayer Houses, and Churches, and a smaller number of monasteries and abbeys. After awhile you arrive at the straight and narrow Salvation Boulevard. Making your way to the west down it, you arrive at the main Temple of Meda, Raul's temple. When you enter, there is a "cloakroom" to one side where you are directed by a sign to leave your weapons and shields. (Small weapons for personal defense are ok, but larger, melee-type weapons are frowned upon.) You inform the Attending Prelate that your deceased companion is (was) a monk who worshipped at the St. Ebelvrin Center for Patience and Enlightenment, a branch of the Temple of Meda in the 14th Ward. (You came to the 'Home Office' as it seemed more likely that you would find a Priest of Meda of sufficient skill to accomplish the Poweful Deed necessary to restore Raul.) You are directed by an attendant to the room where you may divest yourselves of your warlike equipment, and he tells you that a priest will await you in the nave of the temple.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea's preparations took almost no time at all- it was the matter of only a moment to tuck her few physical weapons into her Haversack. While the other constables made their own preparations to meet with the high priest, Thea used the time to perform a simple bit of magic to clean the mud and blood from her uniform. Within a minute, she looked as clean and fresh as if she had just risen for the morning, instead of spending the day running and fighting in a swamp. "Does anyone else want to freshen up a bit?," she asked, the glitter of magic still dancing around her fingers.

OOC: With no armor and no real weapons to remove, Thea will spend a moment casting Prestidigitation (used to clean up before meeting with the priest- can't have the prestigious Alpha squad looking like a bunch of muddy vagabonds...).

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion removes his banded armor swiftly and efficiently, with skill that shows he has been dealing with arms and harness since childhood. He swiftly wipes it clean of mud with an oiled rag, before replacing his tabard and joining the others. He looks a bit winded after the usually routine procedure, a result of the lingering effects of the trolls' poison.

Rhun

First Post
Brae waits quietly for the others to ready themselves. As a cleric of Meda, he was quite familiar with the temple. Still, he wasn't all that comfortable here...his many heated discussions with the other priests hadn't endeared him to the place.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea used the power of her magic to clean off any of the others who seemed to want it, starting with Soulfetter. Then she turned her attention to Brae... "So are there any fine points of ritual or protocol that we have to keep in mind for this meeting? I'll admit I haven't spent too much time in temple, and I'd hate for a miscue from one of us to cause a scene, or increase the cost of this..."

Rhun

First Post
Brae shakes his head and smiles. It was obvious to Thea that despite the cleric's calling, he wasn't all that fond of Temples himself. "No, no. Just bow your head and make pious noises, and you should be alright."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

"I thank you, my lady. It doesn't have quite the same satisfaction as a nice bath in the icy river back home, but it is nice to be clean!"

The Urgant prepares to move with his team into the temple.

Scotley

Hero
Moving into the Nave you are greeting by scenes of the good works of the Medans. An elderly woman in a simple shift nods her head and steps forward with her arms spread offering you blessing. "May the gifts of Meda be upon you in your need and may you give of yourself when faced with the needs of others." The old woman smiles upon you from her brown and wrinkled face. Her ancient body shows the signs of a life spent working hard for others. She wears no adornment, but a simple wooden holy symbol on a plain leather thong around her neck. Seeing Raul's body she clutches a hand to her heart. "So much suffering in the world," she says in a weary voice. Despite her age and simple looks a feeling of power exudes from this woman. She steps to Rauls side and drops to one knee with no difficulty. She places a hand to his brow and closes his eyes then looks to his mangled legs. "Were he not a Constable I would guess this to be a farming accident, but no doubt these are the marks of violence. There is a better way my children. I hope that you learn this before you reach my age," she states in a lecturing tone. None the less, she places a simple burlap bag on his chest and begins the long ritual of resurrection. A pair of young acolytes comes in lighting candles and burning incense. Holy water is placed on the wounds and on his lips by a third. While these women ignore you, there is a sense of great deference toward the old woman. Soon a droning feeling of power building can be felt in the very flagstones of the floor. The old woman chants the sacred verse in her cracking voice. It seems Meda does not mind that the words are hard to understand and the voice dry and reedy. After a period that seems both long and yet strangely brief, Raul's eyes pop open and he draws a shuddering breath. The wounds on his legs are now pink scars and his color is returning to normal. The old woman places a firm hand on his chest. "Lie still a moment child. You have been held to the bosom of Meda herself and returning to this life of sorrow and tribulation can be a shock. You are among friends." She helps him to a sitting position and gives him a cup of water. Once he has drank she rises, now needing the help of an acolyte to stand. She offers one final benediction and shuffles out leaning on the younger woman. "Peace be unto you. I have important work to attend to you. Please go and give thanks to Meda for the miracle you have witnessed today."

OOC: You are all under the effects of a bless spell until morning.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion smiles broadly. "Indeed, praise be to Holy Meda! 'Tis great to see you alive and hale, friend Raul!" The knight offers a hand up to the renewed monk.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases