Proposal - Forgotten Realms Player's Guide

Don Incognito

First Post
The fact that it can proc off of ranged attacks makes it more useful than at first glance, but the fact that it only triggers off of attacks against you evens it out. Really, you'll only deal 4d6 damage after you've been hit, and realistically speaking, you'll split that damage up over the course of the battle depending on how quickly things die. Its not like you get that 4d6 right off the bat.

Dunamin

First Post
I'm not too concerned about Darkspiral Aura either; it can be good in a long battle but the point where it starts to get really potent seems pretty circumstantial.

I wouldn't dismiss the Infernal Pact boon as useless; temp hp doesn't stack, but by the time you get your next boost you've probably been depleted of your former one. I've noticed that warlocks get hurt a bit more often than other ranged attackers since they need to stay relatively close to the front to work efficiently (cursing and Prime Shot).

covaithe

Explorer
If you guys don't think there's a problem, then I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out. If I make a warlock, I know what pact I'm taking, though...

covaithe

Explorer
Regarding Dark Pact and the ally-damaging powers. After some thought I agree with what other people have said here that they're fine if houseruled to only work on willing allies.

I was mostly wavering because I didn't want to outlaw the roleplaying scenario where the players have communicated and are aware of it, and have agreed that the victim character can be unwilling. For example, if the players are cooperating to form a rivalry between the two characters. But I guess if the players in question are that into their rivalry, they can just roleplay it how they want and just agree to let the power work mechanically.

I'm probably being overly picky. Anyway...

Are we considering including Spellscarred feats and powers for approval as well? If so, how do we want to flavor them? I can't say I'm terribly interested in a spellplague...

Dawn Raven

First Post
I always thought the spellplague was lame. Giving people extroadinary magical abilities? Sweet. You can totally flavor that in tons of different ways.

A symbiotic parasite?
The manifestation of a connection with the Feywild/Abyss/Shadowfell, etc
Mutation at birth
A special ritual performed by cults, tribes, etc on children.
A result of magic backlash

Dunamin

First Post
Haven't looked too closely at Spellscarred but offhand it seems fine.

I also think we should allow players to flavor it anyway they want, and Ata and Dawn Raven has provided nice examples. There's also the good old blood of a dragon/fiend/flumph/whatever option.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
What if it was the result of meddling by a higher power? Something like this:

Hekates, the ancient goddess of dark magic, is not content with having been forgotten in favor of the younger pantheon. To correct this error, she has gifted certain individuals with a portion of her power. There appears to be no pattern as to who is granted this power or how it might manifest; a farmer may gain the ability to control wild blue flames, while a paladin of Netari can make his body twist and warp in ways that are painful but undeniably effective. Hekates herself does not seem to be concerned with how these people use their gift. Some say this is because the mere presence of it is enough to remind the world that she exists. Others believe that just because the pattern can’t be seen doesn’t mean there isn't one.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases