Proposal - Forgotten Realms Player's Guide

renau1g

First Post
I put the swordmage in another thread, tried to break it up in case different areas were contentious. Also, I personally don't like the Dark Warlock, so another person can submit it, anything like that which has HUGE potential for player conflicts, I am not in favour of.

As for the PP's again, not likely to be in play any time soon and I'd rather focus on smaller portions of the book.

Dunamin

First Post
Not sure where in the world they'd fit best, perhaps an island has floated/reappeared closer to Daunton, filled with all sorts of elemental creatures, rumoured to have spewed forth from the Elemental Chaos?
They both have well-established origins in L4W.

Genasi typically come from the Kingdom of Jade, and drow are exiles from the Imperium that now often are found in Daunton. These wiki entries can be easy to miss but hopefully won't be as hard to find once the wiki has been reorganized.

Anyways, I would prefer we have the whole book in one proposal, rather than spread out in several threads. People who are interested in the Swordmage are probably also interested in the feats and paragon paths that were designed for it.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Anyways, I would prefer we have the whole book in one proposal, rather than spread out in several threads. People who are interested in the Swordmage are probably also interested in the feats and paragon paths that were designed for it.

I agree, I'd rather take it as a whole and exclude what we don't like rather than take it peice by peice. Peice by peice (well, item by item) delayed Adventurer's Vault quite a bit.

renau1g

First Post
Alright, I edited the OP, although I'd have thought the piecemeal would get it approved faster.

I would like to reiterate my distaste for the Dark Warlock, especially in an online game like this, as it encourages PC conflicts, as I know my PC would attack another if he harmed me.

garyh

First Post
Not going to vote yet, but as discussion, here are my quick thoughts:

Swordmage, Genasi, and Drow - I'm cool with them, and haven't seen any problems discussed on EN World.

Feats - also don't recall reading about anything broken, but want to take another look.

Paragon Paths - also don't recall reading about anything broken, but want to take another look. Not likely to come into play anytime soon, anyway.

Dark Pact - On it's own, and used in a standing group of real-life buddies, this is fine. However, I too am concerned about how it would play here, on PbP games with shifting groups. There is a lot of possibility for upset party members, and/or Dark Pact warlocks never getting a chance to leave the tavern.

I think those are the big elements. I'll take some time this week and look at the book again more closely.

Oni

First Post
I think the potential problem with Dark Pact is easily solved. Simply make it so that the offending powers affect only willing allies. It's only a small selection of powers that work like that anyway. It doesn't seem any worse a problem than including an ally in an AoE to get a couple more targets (which the courteous player should ask permission before doing too).

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I don't know much about the Dark Pact, but I understand it involves damaging party members to pump up its attack spells? (Kind of an anti-leader) One way to make sure it plays smoothly is to house-rule that all Dark Pact warlock abilities require willing sacrifices (if that's not already in the rules) so unless your party member says it's ok you get nothing. That might make a Dark Pact warlock frustrated if they never get to use their abilities, but we could warn about that possibility up-front. (And that only frustrates the player that chose the character, not the rest of the party.)

Remove ads